You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Indian Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Indian Ghost

 

I was eating breakfast at my table at about 7:30, I took a spoonful and then looked out my window. We have a big swing on my porch, I saw it swinging and when I looked up I saw an Indian. But I didn't notice it at first. So I looked away and when I realized what I had seen I looked back and it was gone but the swing was still swinging. It was bazaar.

The Indian was kind of blurry I could see one side clearly but I couldn't see his face. After I told my sister, who grew up at the house, she later told me that the whole road is haunted. She and my brother can sense spirits but they choose to block it out. I have had other experiences but I will share then later.

My experience was indeed scary but I need to know what I have experienced. If anyone can give my some information, I would be very pleased. My sister and brother believe that my road used to be a Dutch trading ground. They have many, many experiences and I will share then at a later date.

My email is april10034@yahoo.com. If anyone has any information please let me know. Hope this story is creepy enough for you.

This happened in October in 2007, I do not remember the day but I think it was on a Friday again please let's me know if anyone has any info.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinktot6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
The term is regional, J3Z. The Natives in America tend to stick to the terms Native Americans, Natives, or Indians. Most Native Americans identify themselves primarily by their tribe (such as Cherokee). It truly is NOT offensive here.
Wa-do.
J3Z (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
Aboriginal* How come you people don't know these things?! I can get offended easily you know. 😠
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
❤ ❤ ❤ everyone have a good thanksgiving and best of wishes take care everyone~!
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
the energy I feel is harmless sorry for the spelling error and I have got a tun fo storyes for everyone ❤
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
i can feel the energy its not bad its more harmful than anything so that just about covers it I will try to post more storied once that get cought up with pubilishing so everyone take care ❤
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
indeed I have seen a duch girl about five of six years old, a white figure (in my road) and then a regular man. I have had evperieance on my whole road; however I do live tords the country hope I anserd all of your questions
pinktot6 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
i like in binghamton but in a town called cheango forks. Its was a native american I know that and I am starting to sence them a lot more I feel as if I'm beaing watched its all over my house and yes I could be that my mind was playing trickes on my but I thing I really saw that well I will keep you all poasted

Ps. My name is tamara
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Do you mean an Indian from India, or a Native American? It sounds like the land you're on is haunted. No big deal, it might just be residual. Interesting story, can't wait to hear the others.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
I bet you wre surprised when you saw that indian. Wow nice story. I think what you had seen could have been caused by the mind playing tricks or it could have been caused by some paranormal energy. Who knows? Thansk for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
spidercatcher12 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
fascinating, I had a similar experience, I was in my room and there was a satanic bird and I saw it out of the corner of my eye and when I looked back it was gone!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Wow! I bet you didn't know whether you were seeing things or really seeing things lol. You may be sensitive just like your sister and brother. If you get to see it again try to remember more of the details and then check it out with the local library to see if how it was dressed comforms to the indians that lived in that area. I'm sure what you are seeing is residual so it's hit and miss as to seeing it. I wonder if you would have seen it any better had it been night instead of daytime? Keep us posted.
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
so yourt brother and sister can sense spirits, maybe this might be what is happening to you because it can sometimes run in the family?
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Lets hope the spirit rests in peace (who knows when it might show its true nature, like an aggressive type), so just find out its history and help it.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
What part of New York do you live in, pinktot6? How was the Indian dressed? Did you notice any ornamentation on him or his clothing? American Indian and Dutch occupation extended all over the state. As a rule, the Dutch were concentrated in nucleated settlements like New Amsterdam and along the Hudson to export furs from places like Fort Orange. The Dutch West Indies Company also awarded patroonships, basically large tracts of land to wealthy and landed settlers (patroons). The patroons were awarded traditional manorial rights and parceled their lands off to less fortunate settlers who worked it as their tenants. Patroonships covered large areas of New York, but particularly around the Hudson. A discussion with the reference librarian at your local library will help identify sources that discuss historic Indian and Dutch activity in your area. But keep in mind, American Indians have probably inhabited parts of New York for close to 15, 000 years--give or take a couple of thousand. It's old ground on which you live. Good luck and keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: