You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Indian Chased My Friend Out Of The House

Real Ghost Stories

Indian Chased My Friend Out Of The House

 

I live in an old Victorian home in a small town in Utah. Every year in the Spring there would be a big Mountain Man Rendezvous in the mountains to the east of my house. I have a friend who always went, but this particular year he asked me for a favor.

He had a good job as an accountant in the city, and he asked to shower at my house so he wouldn't need to drive 50 miles back home to change into a suit. I told him it wouldn't be a problem, even though we wouldn't be home at that time, I would leave it unlocked and he could make himself at home.

When my Wife and I returned to my house, we saw his suit and backpack laying on the ground on the back porch. We collected his things and brought them inside.

I gave him a call at work and he said he would pick them up after work, but only if we were home.

Then he told me what happened...

He got to our house, and walked up the walkway. He got a REALLY creepy vibe, but he just figured it was just because my house is a creepy old house. By the time he got to the door, he was spooked. When he opened the door "I saw the biggest Indian I've ever seen, and he was growling at me like a wolf! I bolted into the yard, and it took everything I had in me to walk back to my car to leave. Your house is HAUNTED and I will never come back unless you are there!"

True to his word, he hasn't been back at ALL.

We always believed there was a Native American spirit in our home. My Wife and my Son can see spirits, and when my Son was little he would talk about an Indian. He called him "Jonie". My Wife has never seen him, but she gets the impression of arrows and horses when he came around. After the experience my friend had, she said she heard a voice saying "Sho-shone!

She believes he told my Son the same thing, that he is Shoshone, but as a child he mispronounced it as Jonie. She also believes he was so angry because my friend was dressed up like a mountain man!

I thanked him, because its nice to know some of them have your back!

Other hauntings by Dangslow

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dangslow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+7
6 years ago (2018-03-14)
No sense in ringing all the alarm bells just yet, Redwolf. Seems as though the family has had no trouble from this spirit - he seems rather to be a guardian. There are many accounts on this site alone of guardian or simple spirits coexisting quite peacefully with living residents. How is giving this spirit a space in the home any different than cultures, which erect shrines to their ancestors and invite their spirits to watch over their homes? In my agnostic eyes, it is little different from filling a home with crucifixes and asking the holy spirit in. Some would see my entire home as a shrine of sorts to my grandparents as it is decorated to their heyday and filled with many items and pieces of furniture that once belonged to them and many pictures are displayed of them - many of these choices made with the intent I invite their presence in my home as they have always been a constant presence in my life. It is also very similar to accounts where folks have encountered the spirits of young children in their homes and designated toys just for them - I've seen no smoke signals coming from the comment sections in their stories yet. Many accounts too on this site speak of spirit guides and how welcome they are in the lives of those they touch.

I simply don't feel that such an instant leap to alarm is completely justified. The OP should trust his gut. If he and his family sense no threat from this entity then they should be fine.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-13)
Hey Dang,

First I think the whole N.A. Scaring your friend was funny. What I do not find funny is him giving a spirit a room in his house. Not a smart thing to do, in fact it's downright stupid. NEVER and I do mean NEVER invite a spirit to stay. Quite the opposite you do a cleansing to send it packing. The only time you should allow a spirit to stay is if you are 100+ % sure it is a trusted relative. Tell him to find a way to get rid of that ghost.

Regards
Red
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-12)
Dangslow

Thank you for this post. It is most entertaining!

Your friend must have received such a shock. As you said in your post, good to know that at least one of your ghosties has your back.

Thanks
Bee
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-12)
Dangslow, I just put two and two together, because of your comment about multiple spirits; I loved your previous stories! I would say your wife isn't the only one sensitive to spirits Lol Your home sounds quite active. Hopefully, the invisible (barely) guests keep the peace for you and your family 😊

Keep the stories coming, they are very interesting!
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
Ladyglow, its more than two...
I have only seen the girl, but we have another spirit, an older woman who doesn't like other women. My Wife gets a very hostile feeling from her, as if she had a hard life and we have it easy? I will need to ask my Wife more details...
These events are very sporadic, and our home is usually very peaceful and calm.
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
Manafan1, he had not been drinking when he saw the Spirit. He was getting ready for work at 6am when it happened.
The funniest part to me is that he had spent a full day at his desk job dressed like Jim Bridger, reeking of campfire smoke!
But no, he was not drinking at the time...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
Oh, your poor friend! 😐

It must be quite interesting to share your home with two ghosts.
Are you aware of them interacting with each other?
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
Dangslow - Thanks for providing more details about your friend. I guess another question to be asked after your most recent comment would be was your friend drinking that day.

I don't believe that drinking makes people hallucinate growling indians (unless someone has delerium tremens) but may break down mental barriers that may otherwise inhibit such encounters. Another question would be has anyone stayed in the ghost room in your friend's house and seen his teetotaling ghost?
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
My friend sees Ghosts when he's drinking! I know that completely destroys credibility, but that's what he claims.
He currently lives in a haunted house, an old man still lives in his home and he doesn't like it when people drink apparently. My friend has "given" him a room in his house in an ettempt to keep peace...
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
Hi Dangslow - I enjoyed reading your account of a growling Indian scaring the crap out of your friend. Full bodied apparitions can be startling enough without having one growling like a wolf at you.

I was curious to know of your friend has ever had any other paranormal encounters? If not that is a hell of an introduction!
It seems clear that the apparition really took offence at the outfit he was wearing. It also seems clear that the apparition went out of its way to appear to your friend, as your wife, who can see spirits, has never seen this entity herself. Intriguing stuff.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-11)
Wow, that's a great story! I would have thought the same thing; Validation. It sounds like your friend triggered his appearance. I was wondering if your friend has experienced anything similar (not necessarily at your house)?

Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: