You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Encountering The Devil Himself

Real Ghost Stories

Encountering The Devil Himself

 

This story takes place about 9 years ago when I was 15 years old. My cousins and I were young and stupid (I say stupid because of the trouble we caused) and decided to dabble in witchcraft.

We went all out going to the store buying a spell book, candles, an alter everything. We drew a pentagram on the back of an old mirror and used that as the place where we would cast our spells. Little did we know we drew the pentagram upside down and allowed negative spirits to pass through.

After about 3 months of playing with this "pentagram" we all started to have occurrences in that house. I would spend the night there every weekend and would wake up in the morning to brush my hair and see a little girl in the mirror behind me. Let me inform you that this house was not haunted prior to our dabbling.

My cousin stated she had seen a young man, a little girl, a little boy and a dog in the mirrors of her house. We never thought anything of it because hey old houses are sometimes haunted. We never thought any of them were harmful, so we were not afraid of them. We would sit in her room and end up in the living room listening to her parents talk and never leave her room.

After that we started getting creeped out. My cousin whom we will call Lynn would wake up with gouges and scratches on her back only to have them disappear when we would approach someone else about it. These were the minor occurrences, little did we know things we about to get worse.

One night after getting home late from our friends house we came home to an empty house. So figuring her parents were out, like they sometimes went out for the night we made nothing of it. The house was freezing cold, like there was no heat coming from anything, might I mention it was the middle of summer. We knew something was not right.

We immediately had a feeling of dread and not going to lie we were scared out of our minds. We sat on the porch until her parents came outside and asked what we were doing outside. Her parents were home the whole time. Weird right?

It gets worse. We went in the house and the images we were seeing in the mirrors started showing their true colors. Their eyes were glowing red and they were turning all black. These "things" were in every mirror in the house.

We finally realized with our dabbling we had let a demon into the house and had no idea how we were going to get it out. Her mother just looked at us and asked us "what did you do?"

We then knew we were in over our heads. Well this went on for 2 months before we figured out a plan. We abandoned all of our stuff only to find it back in the trunk of the car; next step was to burn it. We burned everything and prayed as we did this. The smoke was so black you could not see through it. We hoped that worked. Well it did to the point we closed the porthole demons were entering through but did not remove them from the house, we then knew we had to get an exorcism at the house.

My cousin's house is right next to a cemetery and we decided we needed to pray. So we went into the "chapel" and prayed to God for him to help us and told him we were so sorry for what we had done.

On our way out we noticed the 2 angels "guarding" the doors. We began crying. It scared the crap out of us, but also we felt a sense of calm and knew that everything was okay or was going to be okay.

We went back to the house and my aunt had bought the three of use gold crosses to wear and a bible. We got in touch with a priest who happened to be a friend of my mom's and he agreed to bless the house.

This worked and we have not had another experience yet and we are happy as can be. I am more in touch with my faith and will not look back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, olive0809, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

curious_sami (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-30)
hmmm lucky yall got out of there before it worse... Considering it was already pretty bad
darksoldier2889 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
Personally, I believe your story. Though the sign like people have said is wiccan, which I am also wiccan. It is not evil, though also from my own personal dealings with demons I can tell a lot of people that demons do not care what your religion is. Actually demons walk this earth every day, though most of the time we do not see them. Most demons are drawn to people of wrong doing, or in your case I believe that they were drawn to your belief of wrong doing. Also, most portals are open through your own personal will, you probably believed you were doing black magic because it was a spell book, thus you probably opened up a portal by thinking such. Though that is my own opinion and I could possably be wrong.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-11)
Secrets, I gotta say you're a "little" misguided on the witch thing. As a Wiccan (aka witch) I'm a little offended by your comment. Allow me to educate you slightly: magic is much like ANY power. If used for good, it's "good" and if used for evil it's "evil". Wicca is an accepted religion. Our "magic" is most commonly for healing, grounding energies, etc. So you need to understand, witchcraft is NOT bad unless you've been brainwashed by propaganda from like likes of closed minded religions. I will leave the lesson at that on here, and you can e-mail me if you're interested in actually learning more.

As for the rest of this: pentagrams are the Christian interpritation of the pentacle, the Wiccan religious symbol (much like the Christian cross). The pentagram originated from the pentacle due to the Christians trying to convince witches that their symbol was that of the Devil.
deanmacsham (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
I have had bad news recently that I may have to go through an exorcism for when I was 12 years old I had tampered with black magic that night was really freaky it was my cousins house he suggested doing black magic at the time I was young and didn't understand what it was. That night the four off my older cousins nose and ears started to bleed but nothing happened to me, the lights went off and on several times. This was so bad we had to go to bed with rosary beeds and a cross at the top o our beds! I nowevery night waking up at 3.a.m everynight I do not understand why and as I wake up I hear noises coming from my attic. I would not be the bravest so I don't go up there! But I usually see things that I shouldn't... Such as a young girl with her hair over her face sitting in my wee brothers seat! I close my eyes and when I open them shes gone. Nobody believes me they think I'm crazy 😢

I need help badly.

Please help.

Email or write to me!
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
I tried witchcraft too... My nieces and I started witnessing our doll talking and the tv would to that ring thing were it would go all colors but then shut off on it's own. This story gave me a funny feeling in my back.
amkoreann (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
this story gave me the chills hahah

It was an interesting story and I'm happy you got to meet God.

Uhmm could you decribe how the angels looked like?:D
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Witchcraft in itself is not evil. It means "craft of the wise ones" and comes from ancient healers. Many people are very happy in their path as witches. Even the pentagram (the upside down one you talk about) is not evil. It is a symbol of energy coming down from the heavens into Earth.

That being said, you should never dable in anything. You should always make sure you know what you are doing. I agree with what DeviousAngel says, you thought you were doing something wrong. Your guilt manifested itself.

The only thing bad you did was dable in things you don't know about, The Occult only ends badly for dablers.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
ohhh my god! You really were lucky... And I'm glad you asked for forgiveness and were able to end it! I know we can all be very curious people but we have to becarefull specially when you don't know what you are dealing with...

Either way I'm glad you and your family are ok and may god bless you all.

Looney ❤
Sapper (7 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
I only think people doubt this is through not understanding the whole picture. When you write a story you need to help draw the reader in and let them see through "your" eyes, when things are left out they can become disconected with the story and it automaticly becomes just a fairytale. Even the slightest details sometimes make the most since, my writing are a bit long and drawn-out but I'm a LEO and I try and show the whole scene as it appears to me. This helps the reader connect with the story. I liked the story and I'm glade of the outcome. This was possibly a weeker demon and its source of energy was taken away when you all saw the error of your ways. Without that energy it lost its resistance and was not able to fight back, which is definetly a good thing.
JP
olive0809 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
well thank you all reader support is appreciated! I am quite surprised with all the reader input... ❤ Olive
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hey olive. I read some of the comments and I do believe your story. Someone mentioned that is was unbeliveable and it didn't sound like you knew what you were doing. Well, that is very believable since you were only 15. I remember around that age, I thought witchcraft was the coolest thing and I didn't know anything about it. I baught spell books and everything. I never actually got to do anything with it though. I just thought I would let you know that I found your story to be a great one. I am glad that no one was harmed though. It was something interesting to experience and it is a good scary story to tell. Speaking of scary, I hope you have a happy Halloween. ❤ Jasmin
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
😊 To my mind, the fact that the statues are now gone kind of makes the story that much more meaningful to me -- as a literary device, if nothing else! Thanks for setting me straight, and for sharing. But it doesn't change my opinion in the least. 😊
olive0809 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
The angels outside the chapel were statues and no longer are there. We do not know what happened to them or where they are now...
olive0809 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
lol...i get that alot... The "angels" were statues... We just didn't notice them at the time sorry for the confusion... I should have elaborated!
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hey, Olive -- Thanks for sharing your story. I don't think it's terribly out-of-kilter with any others that appear here; but I'm inclined to think that some people's skepticism came from writing that you had seen angels guarding the chapel doors. Seems that a lot of occult/ouija board stuff gets a pass, but when you mention "angels," people get a little bunched up (if you get my drift). Personally, I find it a little ironic...

Anyway, a few years ago, a friend of mine was dying (bladder cancer had metastasized). One day, his wife opened the front door to find their pastor standing on the stoop. The pastor said, "On the way over here, I was so worried that I wouldn't make it in time to say good-bye to Jeff. But when I saw the angel sitting on your rooftop, I knew that Jeff hadn't gone yet." A couple of days later, Jeff died; and the pastor told Jeff's wife that the angel had gone with him. Kind of nice to think that we have a celestial escort out of here, when it's time for us to go; but your story shows us that they're around to guard us, too, when we need it. Peace. 😊
olive0809 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
it is okay I know its sometimes hard to believe such stories... No offense taken
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Olive, I'm sorry if I offended you. If your experience was real, then I'm sorry for what you went through and I'm glad that you learned your lesson without any serious consequences. You have to understand how many people do just that--make up stories to attract readers and disguise a hidden anti-religious agenda in with it. I may not believe in god but that doesn't mean I don't respect people who do.

Best regards to you and your family!
olive0809 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Let me tell all you skeptics who decided to enlighten me on being a fake... You were not there nor do you know what we went through... So do not tell me they were hallucinations. I did not feel guilty at the time until I seen the trouble we caused our families. Nor have I Ever heard of the movie mirrors. The headline was not meant to attract readers but what we going through felt like he was the devil himself and not just a demon. I have read many stories about the devil and according to them only the devil can reveal himself as other things. I am sorry if I offended any wiccans or people who study witch craft like I said we had no idea what we were messing with. And to Deviousangel... I would NEVER give people who study witchcraft a bad name... We were interested in it that's why we tried it... But we misused it... So thanks for you input I appreciate everyone's comments and yes I have learned my lesson!
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I'm not sure what to make of this story, like several posters on here I think for the time being I am going to remain skeptical. It all just seems a little contrived, I'm not sure where the devil comes into it 😕 and, without wishing to sound too offensive, it seems like it was far too simple to both summon and then exorcise the malign presence. Also, it just reminds me a little too much of the horror film "Mirrors" which has just been released. 🤔

If this is a true experience then you have my sincere apology for doubting you.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
i study wiccan/paganism which I accord with starlight its often confused with bad practised witchraft, I'm my country which is striclty christian... If youre not you are a social outcast... Its also confused with satanism! Mirrors are one of the most effective portals trough world... If you have done witchcraft in the right way this would have never happened! A pentagram upside down is just like a christian cross upside down... They both mean something bad...

Im Glad everything is over now!
Blessed be
Xx
Starlight (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I study wiccan which is often confused with "witchcraft" because wiccan's are called witches.

I was amused when I read this and found you drew the pentagram upside down. I'm glad you learned your mistake and will not mess with anything you do not know anything about.

My prayers are with you and your cousins still, blessed be.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but this whole thing sounds fake to me.

First of all, you never said anything in the story about meeting the devil himself which tells me you just want to attract readers. Secondly, witchcraft in and of itself is not a negative thing, it's what you do with it. It sounds to me like you didn't really believe in or have any idea of what you were doing and your fear and guilt were probably causing you and your friend to hallucinate. Yes, you can invite bad spirits into your house when you fool with things you don't understand, but it's not like you can just light a few candles, say some words around a symbol and summon a bunch of demonic spirits. Spirits cannot hurt you unless you let them. It sounds to me like you're trying to give people who practice witchcraft a bad name. (I'm an atheist so that doesn't apply to me but all the same, it makes me angry.)

If your story really is true, you had to know, even as a kid, that there are consequences to your actions. It sounds more to me like you were practicing Satanism rather than witchcraft. If that's the case, please be sure that you use the right words because you might offend someone with the negative connotations. At least you know for the future not to do any meddling in the occult again!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-13)
As FlutterOf wings said there are things that shouldnt be messed with. Exspecialy by peopel at a young age. But I'm glad that you understand that now. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
I think you should read what can happen with mirrors from a story I wrote called "The mirror of yesteryear".I was a young girl then but are things that happen that left intacted in my mind. Somethings are not for playing with.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-10-12)
Yes mirrors are a portal into the pass and sometimes into the future. But with this story it's a double wham o. With the way the Pentagram is sistuted is very important or you can open the portal by accident. I would say with this story with all that went on in it, I hardly doubt that one Blessing of the home will work. Sounds like way to much activity in it. But if once did it then I say congradulations.
Pentagrams and ouija boards are both two things no one should dabble in at all. They only mean trouble.
With the mirrors I am supprised none of you were pulled into it, and perhaps never to return again.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Don't know what to make of this story. I know teens can produce strange occurances through their own kinetic energy and the rest could be chalked up to vivid imaginations. I am not saying this was the case with you but it does stand to reason kids can be very suggestable and you could have freaked one another out. They say you can open portals for low level spirits when messing with the occult. I don't know much about pentegrams but I do know some people think mirrors are another kind of portal. I have nothing to back this up personally so I have to remain skeptical. I collect old mirrors and I have yet to see anything strange in them. Maybe I'm just not sensitive as well. Good story but does reek of an episode of A Haunting.
olive0809 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
COBZepplin LOL the angels were statues outside the chapel... We did not notice them at first but noticed them when we were leaving... Snailbug it does make a difference which way a pentagram is facing and upside down pentagram is used in the occult, but like I said we were young and stupid...i'm glad its over... I have never seen a haunting what channel is it on? Light magic the mirror was flipped good question... Thanks you the input it is always appreciated!
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
In my Opinion you are very lucky to have not had anything extemely bad happen, probably your innocence and ignorance saved you from a lifetime of dread. Pray to God for his help and Protection.

Godbless and Take Care.
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
interesting story, but I'm not sure if I believe it. You're saying you just kind of "saw" angels guarding it? My friend has seen angels
gamst (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Good story Olive0809 but where was the devil in all of this? I'm a little confused!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: