You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Hooded Figure Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Figure Watching Me

 

On October 11, 2008, I went to bed after watching a horror movie called Somebody Help Me (with Omarion and Marques Houston starring in it). The movie ended around midnight and soon afterwards I fell straight to sleep in my room.

Then about 2 hours later, I felt I was half dreaming and half awake and I could see my room and I was aware of everything as if I hadn't been sleep but just laying there in the dark. I was lying in my bed on my stomach with the covers up to my face (how I usually fall asleep or should I say how I usually sleep).

I had the impression, that I was awake and not dreaming. It felt so real to me and I could feel a presence. I felt that the presence had intentionally woke me up so I could acknowledge that it was there. I looked up at my closet door, which is kind of facing my bed; I always keep my closet door open, never closed. On the top of the closet door I saw a dark hooded figure sitting there, looking my way and its right hand it was holding a long shaft-like thing. Although I could not see its face because it was just dark, it was as if it had no face. And what made that uncanny to me, was that I knew it was looking at me.

So, while I was still laying down with my blanket over me all these thoughts were going through my head. Should I scream, get up, etc? I thought about getting up but it never really fathomed me to actually get up and run out of the room.

I'm guessing because I have a 2 year old daughter who sleeps with me every night so I wouldn't dream of ever leaving her alone in a situation of that sort. (THE FACT THAT I WAS ACTUALLY CONTEMPLATING THOUGHTS IN MY HEAD ALARMED ME. THAT I COULD VERY INDEED BE KIND OF AWAKE BECAUSE WHENEVER I HAVE BAD DREAMS IT'S LIKE I KNOW THAT I'M DREAMING. I JUST TELL MYSELF TO WAKE UP IN MY DREAM AND I DO. THIS SITUATION WAS AS IF I WAS ALREADY AWAKE SO I DIDN'T EVEN THINK TO SAY WAKE UP). And while still looking at it, although it said nothing, I knew that it was sensing my upcoming fear as if it could read my thoughts. It never spoke to me but I knew what it was thinking.

For some reason, I knew that it was getting pleasure from sensing my fear and lack of knowledge of not knowing what the thing was and why it was there.

Me as a person, I loathe being frightened especially at night when I'm feeling helpless, so eventually my terror turned into anticipated anger because it knew that it was really getting to me.

I do not remember speaking, but I do remember having thoughts in my head about Jesus. I was saying things about Jesus in my head and trying to quote some verses from the bible, angrily at the apparition. When I'm mad, I'm feisty and I'm not going to fall back ever in an argument until I know I've won. I was communicating with the thing through my head. I was thinking loudly in my head in Jesus name leave me alone etc.

Then I remember drifting back to sleep unafraid. I could kind of sense that it felt struck dumb with taciturn thoughts because I wasn't paying any mind to it anymore. When I woke up around 6:00 AM it was not there.

I am 19 years old and twice before in the past year I had similar dreams but this time was actually more pleasant compared to the other two times.

In those 2 times, I had the same dream twice and everything I felt in that one I also felt it in this situation. Except in this situation the black hooded figure was in the air floating. It had its wavy arms/hands pointing towards me as if it was putting some kind of spell or something over me. My whole body felt numb. You know how it feels when your leg falls asleep; well that is what my whole body felt like. I wanted to scream for my mother but it was as if I could not, although I didn't really try

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TraciiE_LEwiiS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
prayerpower242, it sounds like you're being too open to spiritual things and a lot of the things you're seeing could be because you're psyching yourself out. Not to say that's all of them, because the "light tunnel" behind the shadow person (s) sounds a lot to me like an astral projection. If you don't mind, please feel free to send your pictures to my email and I will have a look at them.

It might not be a bad idea to lay off of the ghost videos for a while. And on a side note, I don't think you have to believe in God to believe in spirits, and it makes plenty of sense. You can be spiritual without being religious.
prayerpower242 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Theses all sound a little scary to say the least. I believe its some kind of warning. Like getting to involved in something paranormal or worse. I love to watch ghost cams. I have done it now for a year off and on. Now this will sound silly to you guys maybe but the main ghost cams I watch seem to know I am watching? They seem to show more each time I watch them. I use to not see anything, not really. Then I started seeing faces off and on. Not real clear but good enough to tell if girl or boy. Now after about 6 months of watching I see mouths open right in front of me. But no eyes. I see out line of hair. And I can not see mouth I just know the area its at. Then all a sudden the mouth opens? It startles me every time. My worst cam is the one I had about 4 or 5 days ago. Its in an abanded hospital. I really believe they watch me and know I watch back. I see a lot of people. Like to waist only. Then whole body. And a lot of faces. Not really scary looking kind of weird. I always see 2 whole bodies (look like) standing at end of hall. I know their there but its like they won't or can not let me see them clearly? If I start to get a real look the screen blurs up all over like they are blocking me. By the way that happens on all the cams I watch? Now this is the one I worry about. I was watching my 2 people at end of hall when on other cam something drew my attension on other side. Theres 6 cams at this hospital. 1 and 2 are the scariest to me. I saw 2 black hooded figures standing next to each other looking (I believe) right back at me. No faces at all. Just black like dark out. On one side coming down to the one on the left a real bright light like tunnel shape touching his shoulder right next to his head. Not sure how to describe light? A strait line to him. The scary part was I knew they were looking at me. I have e-mailed a lot of pictures to the investgators but I do not get any response? I have pictures of a woman that looks like she was a nurse standing on same side I saw black figures. Anyhow I have been afraid to go back? Do any of you know about these figures? Or can you tell me anything? Now I believe in our God 100%.I always have and always will. Other wise the stuff I have seen recently would not even phased me. How could it. If you do not believe in God how could anyone believe in any kind of evil,ghost,or paranormal events of any kind? Just would not make any sence at all would it? Thank you for listening. I enjoyed your stories about the hooded figures, and that's why I sent mine because you guys might understand what I am feeling?
TraciiE_LEwiiS (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
rhodes68 thank you for letting me know how YOU felt about my situation❤...but I think as any mother veteran or new... Young or old you will always worry and want to know that your child is doing okay. So I honestly do not feel that is the reason I experienced what I did because I think that if I that was the reason...wouldn't just about every mother be experiening that and it would eventually be normal that we wouldn't think of it as "unnormal". And you also stated that having a daughter forced me to grow up... I think that you should not get me mixed up with most girls who get pregnant at a young age. I came from a broken home with my parents always fighting, arguing, and walking out on my brothers, sister and I that from that I learned to take care of myself and so unless I wanted to end up like many children lost in the system I had no other choice but to be mature and strong not only for myself but for my siblings... So NO having a daughter did not "FORCE" me to mature or take a way from my childhood because my childhood experiences had already helped me to mature and so like I stated before having a daughter at a young age just helped me become a better me. ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
You're still at a "vulnerable" age despite the fact you're a mom. Being 19, having the vitality of a young woman whose energy is obvious in whatever she does, can have its drawbacks. You become a magnet for anything out of this world and the fact that you have a child-one which you should protect-one you worry about-one who's "forced" you to mature before your time, to set your priorities aside and learn to think of HER first before you make any decisions is the "stage" where a drifter can easily "perform" his play.

That is, any spirit who needs the energy or feeds off energy to manifest will find your household and YOUR presence more than inviting. Your need to know whether your daughter is safely sleeping or whether she's breathing regularly is what any entity needs as it will use it to manifest. Your love for your baby girl and your inner struggle between being a sufficient mother as opposed to enjoying your youth is what serves as a pathway between their world and ours.

Try resolving any issues you might have (I don't mean that as an attack), try worrying a little less about things and you might find that your visitor's approach has weakened.

If you need to perform a smudging, look up Shane's suggestions in the articles published on our site. If you need more help or clarification come back to let us know.

Good luck!
TraciiE_LEwiiS (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Thank you guys again. ❤ And to ChrisB I haven't had a clue what a smudge ceremony is. And the strange thing is never do I feel like the "spirit" or whatever it is... Has negative energy during the day or night... Only when I have had those 3 dreams whcich I have always been sleeping first...
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
I went through this once. I see Apparition ghosts a lot. I only seen 1 black figure which flew across my room then started poking me ear I don't count Apparition as a figure.

Apparition
An apparition is an appearance to a human of a ghost.

Don't ever be scared because they will take advantage. Next time if you experience something like this again just ignore it. It will get bored and go. It always works for me.

If you ever need to talk or need a question answered you can ask me.
Thanks for sharing your story.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Hi Tracie and thank you for sharring this story with us. At first I thought that this might be sleep paralysis but there are things that don't add up to that. I'm glad that you wanted to protect your child. For sure your a good mother. Be proud of yourself. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony. Or blessing the place. Maybe then the spirit will go. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TraciiE_LEwiiS (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Thank you for you comments once again. ❤ Tonith maybe you should read what I have wrote correctly... I never said I was afraid of being alone with the 2 year old... I said I was afraid to leaver her ALONE... Considering the 2 year old is my daughter. ❤ Having a daughter at a young age did not frighten me... It helped me to mature and become a better me. ❤
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Lisamaxw, My friend Morgan knows how to fight very well, since my friend Ayaris teached her a bit of karate. I'm didn't see the whole thing because I was too busy to running away like a free range chicken. When I got back to Morgan, I asked her how did she defeat him and she said "I fought with him with martial arts and then I used my chakra" when she said chakra, I was like "what the hell? Chakra?" she channel chakra in her hands... I was speechless

God Bless ❤
Karin
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
James I have to agree with you on this one. To be alone with a 2 year old has to be scary to begin with when you are only 19. I think our fears can manifest but it's us doing it.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Ms.Lewis--I believe that somewhere between real demons and our world of everyday, commonplace, mundane bad and wicked behavior, lies the mind of each individual who tries to deal with it all. How can evil exist? Where does it spring from, where does it lay? How do I myself deal with it should it come my way and threaten me and my loved ones?
My personal theory is that we fabricate a form--concretize it, as it were--so we can test ourselves and try out our actions. We often make them "dark, hooded figures" with or without various implements, not because we see evil dressed like this anywhere except in old stories about "wicked Catholic monks." They easily represent the unknown.
I'm not saying your experience was not real for you, or for any who experience these dark hooded figures, but I suggest they might be something other than objective entities. Do I have any backers on this theory?
TraciiE_LEwiiS (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
❤ Thank you guys for your comments.❤ And to DemonSora I have only had those experience happen when I was sleeping. I have never had anything of the "eerily unnormal" happen to me while I was awake or in daylight.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hi Traciie_lewiis I have same Problem about hooded figure at your age in 1991 I live in my own trailer next to my mom's trailer and I try to sleep but saw something stand by the window hooded figure just stand there not move I just cover my head and peek out still there.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
A question to DemonSora: You wrote, "...my friend Morgan started to fight it and she won and he left." How did she fight it? It might help Traciie to know.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
I've had the same experience last summer, around July 26. I've seen that being with no face too, but for me it wasn't during the night while sleeping, actually it was when me and my friends were playing the ouija board... Did he had a black cloth? The minute we saw him, we ran outside and he was following us, my friend Morgan started to fight it and she won and he left.

God Bless ❤
Karin
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
You handled it well the first time, I would say continue to do what you did. It's the only "working" remedy. God bless.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hello TraciiE_LEwiiS. While this sounds like sleep paralysis or vivid nightmares to me it maybe something a little more serious. We have some very insightful and intelligent people on this site and I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: