You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Black Figure And The Pigeon

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Figure And The Pigeon

 

This experience happened near Spokane, Washington in the early fall month of September in 2020. MY fellow user on here who goes by easyforcheez and has already submitted one of our experiences before, (which was the ball that started all of these experiences and problems) decided to go for a drive which is all there really is to do where we live. Since I had recently bought my first big purchase as an adult, my own car, we decided to take it to do the driving around to really break it in to our routine.

We have had experiences since we were about 16 and 17 (we were 23 and 24 in this story) we try to go into these drives and time together with a clear and bright mind set to hopefully push away any bad omens or entities. Well this night it was around 11 pm and we were driving on the old highway outside our town which happens to lead to our town's main cemetery, and we were jokingly discussing that because my car was new and shiny, that something would attach itself to my car, just wait and see. It was rather immediately after we jokingly made that one comment that we got an immense pressure in our chests and the further we went North on the old highway we got a feeling that all we can explain as being a "GET OUT NOW!" feeling. So rather than not listen to this feeling and pressure (like we have done many other times in the past,) we turned right around and drove through town and stayed there in well lit and well populated areas for around thirty minutes.

It was after the thirty minutes we decided we were just being wimps and overreacting since we have had a lot of experiences and some of them being even worse experiences in the past. We decided that we would continue on our drive and head back the way we were going, North of town and overcome the fear and feelings we had. It was around 11:30 pm at this time and as we headed out of town the feelings began again but we decided to push through. About two miles outside of the city limits next to a speed limit sign we saw a little perfect pigeon. As it was the first time we had passed this little pigeon we figured that the little fella just got tired of flying or might have been hurt and just left it be and continued driving. As we headed back towards town for the second time we noticed the little pigeon was still there, no movement, not even an inch facing the same direction almost eerily fake seeming. So we figured it was fake and it was just placed there by someone as a joke. We again continued on and did our loop again, on our third time heading North we decided screw it, we would stop on our way back and stop and check out the little pigeon. We stopped right next to it and did everything we could to startle it to get any reaction out of it (flashing our phones lights at it, honking my horn like crazy, etc.) but still nothing it didn't even so much as twitch with any of our efforts. So we upped the efforts and rolled down the windows to talk to/yell at the pigeon. It was at this moment that the extreme pressure and immense feeling of all out GET OUT NOW! GOOOOO! Came back tenfold and the pigeon almost with robotic like reflexes jerked his head to face us as his body faced forwards and he just stared at us. I'm going to be honest we froze for a second and then I floored it to get the heck out of there because when the pigeon moved his head we knew without a shadow of doubt there was seriously something wrong with and around the pigeon that was unsafe. After this night we didn't take this route of our routine drives for weeks and stayed away from this area outright. We still felt a feeling of danger and discomfort while driving in our little town and took us forever to feel comfortable to drive home for me to drop her off. I made sure she got in the door safely and she called me for the very short drive home and the walk to get into my house because we didn't feel safe otherwise.

Now I know that the part you just read for this experience was long and extensive and hopefully I still have your attention because this next part is what scares us the most and possibly the most important to our story and experience.

This happened on 3/24/2021 (I give an exact date because I don't know when you're reading this and when the story is approved by moderators.) It was on this night as we sat in front of her house playing Among Us and discussing different things, such as the story easyforcheez posted on her account on here and wondering if any new comments or thoughts had been shared on the post, we discussed posting/sharing some of our other stories and experiences to hopefully get some feedback and maybe some help to figure out what could be going on in our life.

We discussed the experience I described above and even repeated the comment we had made before we began that almost fateful drive "watch us get something attached to your brand new car!) At this point I looked over towards my car since we were in her car and immediately saw a dark and ominous and honestly terrifying figure sitting in the driver's seat of my car. I again had the feeling of GET OUT NOW! LEAVE NOW! Come over me again, so instead of alarming easyforcheez I suggested how about we do one more loop around just the town. When we hit main street on a really lit street I told her what I saw and why I told her to leave and do a loop.

Even when we finally got back to her house and ultimately my car we still had a very uncomfortable and unsafe feeling, especially when we opened the doors on my car to inspect it to make sure nobody and nothing was in there I had a horrible pressure like something was pressing down on my chest making it extremely difficult to breathe and made me scared to even drive my car home. Easyforcheez even had a unwell and seemingly weird feeling come over her.

Now I don't know why this happened or why there is a connection to the event from last night and the event from September but we know they are connected. This is where you guys come in, does anyone have any clues or thoughts or maybe even ways to cleanse the car and the area around her house for our safety because as I write this it is broad sunny daylight and I still don't feel comfortable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, easyforcheez2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-04-08)
I don't know why you're so up in arms against ladyglow? They've always struck me as being entirely rational. Just because they are trying to debunk rather than scream "omg ghost" doesn't mean they are being rude. That is what this forum is about and what you signed up for when you selected the "I need help" option.

Now I'm not going to dismiss everything out of hand but I WILL be attempting to debunk if possible the things you saw. It may not help you but if someone else has a similar experience in the future and stumbles across my comment it may help THEM.

I agree with LadyGlow that that was a very sick pigeon. You said it looked "perfect" which I assume you're meaning as "healthy" however, healthy pigeons are diurnal (day birds) and would be roosting at that time of night. They are also known to carry many diseases and I would wager they can catch quite a few that would make them act not normal without affecting their overall "healthy" appearance.

As to the intense feeling. It was the middle of the night, you were just passing a cemetary, is it possible you both were psyching yourselves and each other out? I mean I know I've been freaked the heck out over nothing in my own home for no reason other than I was watching some ghost clips on youtube. (A normal settling creak or a soda bottle near me making a popping noise as the room warms/cools are the usual culprits there.)

The shadow in the car I have no concrete idea about. Though it could be possible you saw an ordinary shadow and due to the fact you were talking about the previous time you were scared you again psyched yourself out. This could also explain the uneasiness you experienced on the ride home. Even if I had proof that my house/car isn't haunted if I think I saw a spirit I'd be pretty freaked out.

That said if you truly want to make sure you've not picked up an attachment I'd suggest looking up a cleansing ritual. Normally I'd suggest Rook's but I'm not entirely sure how that would work for a vehicle. If you happen to see a similar pigeon again try checking back later to see if you can see a corpse there or not. That would help determine if it was sick or possessed/not of this plane of existence.
boo_boo_whoo (15 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-04-02)
That's so scary! I don't understand what makes you think that the pigeon was evil. 🤔

[at] freakedoutFredy. SPOOKane WA 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
cheez2,

"Proverbs 16:32

Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city."

Https://themagicisinyou.com/products/self-control-tumbled-crystal-healing-set

Peace and happy Easter. ❤
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
-3
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Hello Polisxtrly,
Yes I do agreed my response may have seemed juvenile and rude and I apologize for that. My friend and I have just had run ins with this user in the past and rather than be helpful or respectful, they have demeaned and been rude and condescending and I just would prefer they ho away unless they are actually being helpful.
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
So this is in response to the two latest comments. We joked about my car just because of the fact of her car has had some issues after some experiences we've had mainly paranormal experiences. So we jokingly said you know because my car was so untouched and you know "new and shiny," paranormal stuff would want to touch it like a toddler in a museum type stuff. And there really isn't much else to do trust me and I just gave spokane as the town because it's the closest big city we live about forty five minutes from there actually. And to explain the other questionable part we have had worse experiences where we have been followed and so much more so we try to go into these drives with a clear and happy mind so we don't actively attract something sorry if that isn't the best explanation I tried my best. And yes plenty of demon birds pooping on my car just no demon pigeons as they aren't common to our area 😂
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
With all that paranormal activity you guys must live in SPOOKane WA. And life there has to be boooring if the best thing two hot chicks can do is driving around town and writing sketchy tales. 😜
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Hi Eazyforcheez

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Personally, and it seems for others on this site, this is one of those recounts that raises more questions, than anything.

If you don't mind, are you able to provide a bit more background information around the following statements? Perhaps that way some readers could offer some advice?

"...we try to go into these drives and time together with a clear and bright mind set to hopefully push away any bad omens or entities..."

Do you and Cheez2 feel that you are under constant potential threat from bad omens and entities? If so, why do you feel that way? What would you consider to be a "bad omen"?

I'm also quite perplexed by this line: "...we were jokingly discussing that because my car was new and shiny, that something would attach itself to my car, just wait and see..." What was it exactly that you and Cheez2 felt would "attach itself to your car" and why?

In my experience, the only thing that has ever INSTANTLY attached itself to MY clean and shiny car was unusual amounts of almost maliciously-aimed bird sh*t. Quite possibly deposited by a demonically possessed pigeon. Interestingly, I find the best combination to get that kind of mess off my car is simply Holy Water and a firm-bristle toothbrush. 😉

Again, thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind providing some more details.

Regards

Mack.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
-3
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
easyforcheez2, the only rude comments I'm seeing here are yours... Not ladyglow's lmao
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Hi easyforcheez2

You're welcome, there's different types of crystals for different reasons and functions, but the main crystal of all is clear quartz, in our religion we make chanting and rosary beads out of clear quartz crystals as well.
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Traviscannabis, and meant to to put this in there to sorry but the women I have the bible study group with don't believe or they haven't ever had anything paranormal happen to them so they aren't really that much help with this kind of stuff, but good question.
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Hello Traviscannabis,
And no for the most part christians as a whole don't bless items I know catholics have holy water and such things lol. And no I don't thinknit was the holy ghost 😂 as I figure id feel safe with that and we definitely didn't feel safe with the pigeon 😂
TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-28)
Don't Christians bless all sorts of things like medals and crosses? Have u asked someone from the Bible study group to help? 🤔
I don't know man, r u saying that the pigeon was a ghost... The holy ghost? 😆
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hi EFC, hope things have settled down just a bit for you and your friend.

I read your story twice, and as a mom could not help but think, respectfully, that perhaps there are things to do in your town besides just hanging out? You mention a Bible study, but I wonder if there are other things you could occupy your time with that would bring you less into the occult type stuff and more into doing something positive with your time, like take some classes or some kind of training. If you like a thrill, how about taking a skydiving lesson? Here's my reason for saying this. You mention that you have often hung out or have gone looking around cemeteries. You easily mention that haunted doll, so I guess you watch a lot of shows having to do with the occult or whatever. Not a problem, but if you are doing these things exclusive and nothing else... Or even if you only do it a couple times each year... Well, I think spiritual stuff is attracted to a vaccuum sometimes. (My apologies if you already have a full plate of things going on, but I got the sense you and your friend are more bored than anything, I understand boredom!) More than anything else, your personal philosophy should be one of wanting to learn and achieve and be productive and when you work on all of that, it not only makes you a more interesting person and creates self confidence, but also some of this scary stuff just doesn't have a way to work itself in. Plus I would be more worried about criminals running across you and your friend late at night out on the street than some spirit pigeon... I hope you will consider this advice from a mom and teacher. Good luck to you both!
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Rajine,
Thank you so much I will definitely get right on that purchase both for her car and mine and thank you for taking time to explain everything!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hi easyforcheez2

Yes you would need to cleanse a charge your crystals regularly, place it in a bowl of clean water and leave it in the sun for around 4 hours

Clear quartz crystals provides clear and clean energy, it's good for removing any bad or negative energies around you.
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hello Rajine,
Thank you for your help and suggestions. I just have one more question I have heard from a lot of people that you have to cleanse and charge crystals would that be required if we hang a quartz crystal l, abd what about a quartz crystal makes it useful in this situation. Just trying to know ask much as I can! Thank you so much
easyforcheez (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hi this reply is meant for Lady Glow, mainly about the others in town. My house has been haunted (this had been confirmed by many people) for decades by a gentle/protective spirit. I have tried to to others in town about it but in this town people refuse to talk about 2 things, paranormal and mental illness. They would rather gossip about how much of a trollup the new neighbor is or sex offenders in the area.

And about the pigeon, pigeons aren't common to this area. We rarely see them and when we do it's someone who either keeps them pets or other various rare instances. Before this event it had been years since we felt anything purely because we had learned better. The best way to compare the feeling is how some people have that off feeling when looking at Annabelle the doll. We had ruled out anything not supernatural so we were hoping someone knew of something to help cleanse or had any insight to the situation.

This is a reply to everyone else, we have tried smudging, however we are hesitant to try new things as we don't want to unintentionally make things worse.

We have learned our lesson regarding stirring stuff up with paranormal and leaving things be. Fortunately nothing has really happened in a long time except for normal and benign shadows from my house. However we aren't the only ones who dabbled in the paranormal and in fact some people really close to us was secretly in the occult and had some dark practices. Thankfully we have come a long way through prayer and having bibles everywhere, but it still persists.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hi easyforcheez2

You can burn sage also what is good keeping a quartz crystal hanging from your rear view mirror, you can also wear it as well. There's also quite a few good cleansing rituals posted on this site as well, you can choose which suits you better.

I usually keep a little container of rough sea salt at home or in my vehicle where we come from we believe that salt is a good deterrent against negative forces.
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
-4
3 years ago (2021-03-27)
Hello again Lady Glow,
And yes I say hello again because I can only be lead to assume your the same user from the first experience. And yes others have experienced it. No the pigeon was not there and as I said in the post I asked for help if your not going to be helpful and instead disrespectful and rude you can kindly go find some other user to pull this crap on, because as you can see the other commenters are being respectful and kind unlike you and I no longer have time for the crap you stir like in the last one. Thank you good day.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
I don't know about the black figure but, in my opinion, there's nothing paranormal about the pigeon.
I know it looked like "a little perfect pigeon", but the fact that it was at the side of the road in the middle of the night, and not roosting on a safe place points to something wrong with it. And by this I don't mean paranormal but healthwise. Birds get sick too.

"when the pigeon moved his head we knew without a shadow of doubt there was seriously something wrong with and around the pigeon that was unsafe."

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, are you implying that whatever negative force was around made the pigeon act that way? If so, wouldn't it make sense for more birds to be scattered all over the area?
Did you go the next day to investigate if the pigeon or it's carcass was still there? Although if it wasn't it wouldn't be conclusive of anything, considering that a scavenger could have eaten it.

"En pueblo chico, chisme grande" (In a small town, the gossip is big) Have you heard is any of the townspeople have experienced this apprehensive feeling when driving on that area?
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Thank you Lightmight,
And thank you for explaining and assisting both myself and my best friend I just didn't want to do anything incorrectly since I have no knowledge of this and wasn't sure if there was some thing that I could do wrong in this type of practice I guess so thank you for reassuring me and hopefully we can kick this stuff in the butt and maybe I will update when or if anything else happens
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
easyforcheez2,

Here's an example of what I meant by spiritual protection techniques - these aren't what I personally use, but I do use light shielding/ spiritual protection during my daily prayer and meditation. There is really no way you can do this incorrectly because you aren't necessarily approaching this with negativity, you should only be using positive energy to focus upon yourself. Anyway, take it or leave it, the choice is yours 😉
Https://www.healbygod.com/spiritual-shield-protection-prayer/
Https://www.ask-angels.com/spiritual-guidance/invoke-light-shield/
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Hello Rajine and Lightmight,
I figured it would be easier to respond to both of your comments in one. I appreciate the feedback from both of you and in response to lightmight no we have not we didn't know where to start and I know if done incorrectly worst things could happen hopefully I'm making some kind of sense. And in response to Rajine By cleansing do you just mean burning sage and repelling any negative feelings and entities because one thing that I didn't share in this post was that last night, I went to my weekly women's Bible group and rather than being afraid, I decided to face my fear and took my car and even though it was daylight I had an uncomfortable feeling but made it safe. But when I came out it was dark and I was time to go home I'm going to be honest I floored it, because rather than being in the drivers seat the black figure was in the passenger seat last night. And I will have to say our sixth sense has saved us many times and I can only imagine if we hadn't listened to it what would have happened.
easyforcheez2 (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Hello Melds,
No problem we aren't the same person we are just best friends who live in the same town and grew up together and spend an exorbitant amount of time together. Though I respect your thoughts on the fact that you think we go out of our way to attract, but I can assure you we don't. We no longer actively go towards the cemeteries or areas where we have encountered problems before. This is something that would never happen to us before with this type of experience. Maybe when we were younger and dumber we did and that's what's causing all these problems now but we are actively try to not feed into any entity or anything like that and choose to think in light and positive and somehow we still keep running into issues and that's why were wondering if there's a way we can cleanse ourselves or if it's some thing that were unknowingly doing.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
easyforcheez2 - It seems I owe you an apology. I have now read submissions and comments on both accounts. The similarity of your names rendered me slightly confused (plus perhaps my seven o'clock glass of wine! That's evening in South Africa by the way).

It seems to me that the two of you are going out of your way to attract supernatural entities. If you don't want them around, don't look for them 😟

Regards, Melda
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Hello easyforcheez2,

After reading both of the stories submitted by you and your friend, it appears that you two leave yourselves open to these types of experiences. Which is okay to a point, but you really should be more prepared since both of you seem to attract encounters that leave you feeling uncomfortable and running for safety. Have you and your friend ever researched how to use any spiritual protection techniques, or light shielding, for your own personal use? If not, you really should - btw, you don't have to be particularly religious, or into the occult, in order to practice any of the techniques (there are many to choose from, available online also). Basically it allows you to take control of your own safety; by feeling more empowered you aren't as likely to feel threatened, or left feeling so vulnerable. This would also tie into whatever cleansing you might use for property and objects.
Good Luck
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
easyforcheez2 - I get the distinct impression that you and easyforcheez are one and the same person. I've just had a look at your profile page. Can you clear that up please?

Regards, Melda
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Hi easyforcheez2

Time and again when we are faced with some sort of danger or we're in a dangerous situation out sixth sense kicks in, I'd like to think that it's something that has saved me many times in my life during certain situations, always trust your intuition I think it has saved you.

I do feel like you should do a cleansing for your car as well as yourself just for your peace of mind.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: