You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Grandfather's Ghost Saved the Day

Real Ghost Stories

Grandfather's Ghost Saved the Day

 

This is the first time I've actually sat down and written about the experiences that I've had, and I tend to ramble on so I apologize in advance.

I'll start off by saying that I am a believer in spirits, and have been since I was quite young despite my parents trying to get me not to as a child.

My first experience that I can remember, was when I was about 7 years old. I was in the backyard, playing on the swing set, my sister and brother were somewhere else, my mom was in the house. I'm happily swinging away, when I heard a very stern almost harsh sounding older woman call my name. I looked up, and continued to swing when I heard it again, this time, the voice almost sounded mad. I jumped off the swing and went inside to see if Mom had called me. She looked at me like I was nuts, said everything was fine, and to go play again. But I wouldn't go back into the back yard, and wouldn't let my younger siblings back there either.

About an hour later, my neighbor (a man) called my parents and told them that there was a copperhead snake slithering around the swing set and settled under the shed (which was right behind the swing set). Dad called the exterminator, and when he looked, he gasped and said there was a whole nest of eggs. Mom then asked me why I had come in asking why she called my name sounding so harsh an hour before. I told her I didn't think it was her because the voice sounded older, like a grand mother. She then said "well looks like you have an angel watching over you".

After that happened, I seemed to always have very vibrant realistic dreams, and heard this ladies voice any time it seemed danger was near.

Fast forward about 12 years, when I was 19. I lived in a older house with a roommate. The house belonged to her grandmother who was in a nursing home due to advance Alzheimer. The room I had was her grandmother's old room. When I moved in I noticed an extreme peace in the room. About a month later, my roommate and I were talking and I found out that her grandfather had pasted away in that room (and actually in that bed I was using). It kind of freaked me out a little, but the peacefulness of the room calmed my fears.

About another month went by, when I started having really weird dreams again, but nothing that I could put my finger on. One night I went to bed kind of late, and fell asleep rather quickly. I had a very realistic dream that night. I went fishing (never fish) with my little sister. She had falling into the water, and took in a lot of water. I had her rushed to the ER, where the doctor said to keep an eye on her as she may develop an infection in her lungs and to call 911 if anything was to happen to her. After we got home from the hospital, my sister began to have breathing problems. And then I woke up, wide awake (an oddity for me). As soon as I woke up, I had paged my boyfriend (back in the day of pagers) and began to wonder if anything had happened to my sister. I was about to call and make sure everything was ok when I had heard sirens. I thought for sure I had called 911 in my sleep (as a child I would act out my dreams), I paged my boyfriend again. As the sirens got closer and closer, I tried to think of a logical explanation for the police. I looked out my window to see my street filled with police cars, fire trucks, and an ambulance. Filled with fear, I watched the EMT's walk up to my next door neighbor's house.

I was confused, I watched for an hour, and then saw them bring my neighbor out on a stretcher. I worked for the police department, and was the one that actually filed away all of the 911 reports, so I pulled it up. The report stated that an unknown woman called at 2:53 about her neighbor that needed medical attention right away, gave the address and hung up. I went and talked to the neighbor's wife and asked what had happened. She was at a family's member house that night, when someone had called and said that he needed help. He had had a heart attack and fallen, and couldn't call himself. Once he was released from the hospital I asked him if everything was ok. He smiled at me, and said thank you. I asked him what he meant. He said that when he fell he called out for help, his old neighbor (my roommate's grandfather) came to him and said you will be ok, and I'll get you help). He said he watch his old friend walk from his house to my room (it faced his living room) and next thing he knew help was on its way.

Now I don't know if I had just picked up on something or if he knew that I was more perceptive to things happening, and would act out on a dream. If that was the case, then why would the dream be about my sister (who is totally fine, nothing wrong at all with her), unless he knew that would be the most effective way to get through to me.

Either way, my old neighbor lived for many more years, and thanked me almost every day for saving his life.

That is just one of my stories, I'll try and get the others together for a later date.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Michelle (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-25)
That was a very interesting story. I was always afraid of seeing ghosts but now it is like it is a good thing and that maybe all these stories about hearing all these ghosts talk are actually warnings. I guess we will never know but it would be pretty cool if we did know. Please plan to write more because that is a very good story!
Stephanie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
I loved this story, it is amazing how life works. We have no idea what is beyond the realm of our existence and what lies ahead of us after we pass on. I think we'll be amazed. Write more as soon as you can!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: