You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Following One Another To Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Following One Another To Bed

 

I keep feeling as though I am being watched. Not just that, even. I'm an empath, and as one, I have also been feeling something's emotions even as I type this. I believe it may very well be a ghost. It started sometime a few months back when I actually started picking up on this. At night, if my shoulder were exposed, I would feel as though there was a head on my shoulder. I sleep alone; there is no pet at my side, no mutual lover at my side, just me.

I can't see this ghost, naturally, because that isn't really my area. My area is being tuned with things such as emotions and auras. Just yesterday I read that empaths tend to be able to 'notice' the dead. I'm not sure how else to put it but it makes sense to me.

This ghost seems to leave me alone when I'm in class but when I'm at home I tend to notice it easier. Right now it seems anxious. It doesn't seem to want to harm me, I sometimes wonder if it's just looking for comfort.

I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't particularly feel threatened; in fact I'm quite calm about it. It hasn't said anything that I heard so I know truly nothing about it. I don't know if it's my dog that passed when I was twelve, I don't know its gender. I don't like calling it an it; 'it' just seems to make it sound like it's a nuisance.

For the most part, I would just like to know how I can talk to it, perhaps see it. For the most part, all this ghost has done is give me its emotions and lay its head on my shoulder.

I would like mature opinions and perhaps some guidance on this. If I was just dealing with a living person, this would be easier on me but I can't truly have a conversation with the dead and discuss what's going on with them. Thank you for time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amoriz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
i would have to say maybe the ghost is a guardian or family member there to protect you... From what I gathered it's tall enough to place it's head on your shoulder no? I have the ability to sense a ghosts presence and right now one's in my room watching me (my guardian). See what you can gather from it's actions around you...

~Tora~
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Hi Amoriz, I also have experiences which are commonly described as empathic, and what you read about how empaths "notice" spirits rather than contact them is very true. That is a good word to describe it. We notice them like an atmosphere and communicate through emotion, rather than have a spoken dialogue or visual relationship with a spirit. If I have really wanted to know more about a spirit which has tried to contact me (I often haven't wanted to know - like Rhodes68 says, sometimes we shut down and would prefer not to wait in suspense for the endless possibility of consequences once we have invited them in) I have just remained open. I have gone out of the room for a few hours and then come back in again and sensed the emotions that have occurred since my departing. It's a dialogue made up of changing atmospheres rather than words, and can take place over days, months or years of entering your space, like a weather gauge. If the spirit is close to you (standing by your bed, laying its head on your shoulder) its message is probably more urgent - if it is in a doorway, stairwell or over the other side of the room it is more likely to be cautiously observing you. Sometimes I can even imagine the form of the spirit in my mind's eye. It is not an accurate picture like mediums and clairvoyants get, but it is made up of symbols that mean something personal to me, and therefore represent something about the spirit itself. I suppose what I am trying to say, is that, if you want to know what this being wants, try some of these techniques before sending out a spoken open invitation.
Amoriz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
I think perhaps I have 'scared' the poor thing away. I hadn't felt a strong presence for it in a while but it has stayed, I think.

I do want to talk to it, and no I'm not shy about it. I have talked to the ghost casually but I didn't truly get a response.

I have asked it to calm down at one point or another but that barely did anything.

Please leave your opinions about being an Empath out of this unless you are talking about my ghost friend and I. I'm here only to try and see what I can do for the ghost. That is all.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Yep, Surya is right.
It is MY belief that this is why so many teenagers have such spikes in emotions at times. We are just beginning to realize during those years how to HANDLE our empathy. Some of us learn to control it rather well, and some of us learn how to "use" it, some of us just close it off, MUCH like some of us choose to shut off the ability to see what it is that others can not.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hey guys guess what we are all empaths. It it the majority are so low level so they aren't aware of any other feelings but their own. Then we have the high level ones the psychic sponge picking up feelings and emotions from all around them. Most of the time, they don't even know they are doing this, and do not understand that the feelings they feel are not always their own ones.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hello Amoriz and thank you for sharing your encounter with us.

I've been reading through your words and I'm confused about one thing. Do you REALLY want to communicate in a more "meaningful" way with this entity or are you too apprehensive to do that? Don't be too quick to defend yourself as this is not an attack from me but I can't help feeling that despite your curiosity to learn more about the identity of your visitor, you're at the same time hesitant to learn more than you want.

Being an Empath is a good start as it enables you to sense the presence and tune in with its emotions. If you feel no threat then, there's more likely no threat or ill-intention on its part. Sending out an invitation though is a challenge as you have to be prepared to deal with whatever consequences.

Please don't get me wrong;I'm not thinking "demons" I'm just saying that wishing different type of encounters, more intense or revealing would mean you are preparedand well equipped.

If so, open up yourself to the experience. Sometimes we unconsciously block it out or "scare" it away. Spirits can sense when we had enough or "close down" to the experience and if their intention is not to hurt us, they retreat, withdraw.

Let the feelings you get guide you and speak out loud. Reassure it you sense its presence and you wish it to reveal itself to you if and only if it comes as a friend. I'm convinced that if it's a deceased relative or a loved one they will find a way to get their message across. If it's your dog, you will undestand it too but what IF it's none of them?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Hi I am empathy too and Well IT seem that one lay on your shoulder sound like it like you and one things You of course can talk to it that if it a person Nothing to be shy about it and not hard really.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: