You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure And Strange Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure And Strange Happenings

 

My experiences began happening about 4 years ago. Firstly, in my parents house, then in the house I am currently living in. I am renting and sharing with 3 other girls.

My bedroom at home (in my parents' house) has always been a cold room. Everybody says it's the coldest in the house. The house isn't old at all, only 13 years old.

About 4 years ago, I started waking up in the middle of the night to see a dark figure standing beside my bed, looking at me or sometimes closer up to my face. I couldn't make out a face just a dark figure. I felt it was male. When this happened, for some reason I would wave my hand in front of its face, for it to go away, as if I'm clearing it or something. It went then. I was never afraid of this, I just thought it was an annoyance that I had been woken up! I usually would fall back to sleep straight away after this. I never thought it was anything more than my imagination, when it first started happening. I used to joke to my friends about it, calling it my hallucinations! I always hoped that it was in my sleep!

Then weird things started to happen. I'd be lying in bed and I'd feel my blankets being pulled from the bottom of the bed. I didn't look to see what it was or anything, as I was freaked out. Then other times I would feel like somebody was sitting on my bed, like down by my legs. I could actually feel the indent on the bed. It felt kind of like a parent would sit on your bed. It felt so real. Again I didn't look, as I was so scared, so I would pray really hard and try to go back to sleep.

Sometimes when I was lying on my side in bed, I could feel the blankets being taken off me from behind me. It would get cold. Again I'd just pull my blankets back, not look, and try to go back to sleep. Another thing that has happened, on a few occasions, is I've felt as if I'm being tucked into the bed, all the way around me! One of my friends thinks if it is a spirit that it's friendly because of the way they sit on my bed or tuck me in!

Since I've been living in my new house (the one I'm sharing) I've started to experience kind of the same things. I wake up and see the figure standing beside my bed looking down at me. I shake my hand and it goes away. I go back to sleep again.

However the last time this happened, when I waved my hand it didn't go away. So I pulled back the curtain (the window is right beside my bed) and it went away then. The next morning when I woke up, my curtain was open. This really freaked me out, as it was kind of like proof that I am awake when I see this thing! This hasn't happened in a few months now. I've moved to a new bedroom, in the same house, and also I have started wearing eye shades when I'm in bed. I haven't woken up in the middle of the night since then.

Thank you for reading!

Smabk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Smabk08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
i really enjoyed your story, I really think this apirit is truly friendly and wanting to protect you but why did it pick you, I think it must be a relative do you know anyone from the time you were a child who cared for you in this way who is now past over I would certinley check it out you should not hide from it I feel it is sad if you do, try not to cover your eyes at night and if it appers again try to communacite with it keep me posted if anything happens.
starangel (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
OMG! I used to get the same feeling when I was about 9 or so, when trying to get to sleep, like someone was pulling on my blankets or sitting on my bed. Once I even felt a finger touch my foot and I completely freaked out! I would be so scared, I would hide under the covers until the feeling would go away or I'd fall asleep. For a couple of years, I couldn't sleep without the covers over my face after that!
morambo85 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
I exsperience these as I like to call them when explaining them to my friends "shadow people" I don't know why people see thme but so far they have no intentions of being harmful. When I'm out and about and start to see them I notice there litterally everywhere. I see child size shadows too and when they start to relax they see to be going about there own business. I cannot until this day explain it but I have some way tuned my friend into what I was seeing to and he explained what a couple figures were doing and it was exactly what I was seeing as well. So I can tell you for a fact "what ever they are they are real!" I wish I had something more helpful to say but I just wanted to let you know your not alone. I have encountered a lot of other things as well that were a lot different than these shadow people but that's another story.
Smabk08 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Thanks for all your comments and advice on my experiences! Its really helping me make sense of this. X
secondsight (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
ive experienced the exact same thing...
Idwake up due to a breeze on my face. And id feel my bed shaking or like I feel as someone has entered my bedroom...

Ive researched this and it apparently called black mass these dark figures we see... My black mass in my bedroom is a male.

Once I had a sleep over and had 4 friends staying over and my sister in the same bedroom so there were 6 of us and I told them about the black mass and they didn't believe me so I said to them all "wait until tonight I'll wake you all up"

And oh my goodness I woke up and I screamed and woke the other 5 up they ask me where is he I tell them next to the telly... My friend looked at she screamed to and started crying because she had never seen a ghost and then every one started screaming... We were all paralysed with shock and no one would dare get up and turn the light on. So bravely my sister had the guts to...

My friends never stayed at mine again

Well I do not blame them, they are suprised how brave I am staying in the bedroom...

I have not seen the black mass any more because I only see him whenever I say his name... Well what I think it is any ways...

I had a dream about the black mass and got told his name and how he died and what he did to the other ghost which is a little girl...

I believe the man hung him self in my bedroom infront of the window and he strangled the little girl while she was asleep.

I've seen the girl on many occassions she wearing a white gown and seems to be around 10-13 years old and she always stood outside the front bedroom door, which is my sis room at present and I feel her names annie and I hear her screams and foot steps too
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I have to agree with everyone here. It seems to me that you are being haunted by this dark figure. People can be haunted to and that can realy be a pain in the... Rather not say it. I would listen To what Rhodes has to say. Read her stories you will see. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
alex_26 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
It's possible that the spirit is attached to an object that you brought with you from house to house? Just a thought. Perhaps the blanket, if it's an old one? Or the bed?
Smabk08 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Thank you for your comment Rhodes68. I'm relieved to hear that its a friendly spirit!

I was thinking that it could be a relative also, but for some reason I get the feeling that it isn't but I could be wrong.

I will keep you posted if I get another visit. Thank you again!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I'm more inclined to believe that YOU are personally haunted as the shadow figure has been following you around. It doesn't seem to be attached to any house but is instead happy to share the same space, any space, with you.

Obviously it is NOT a bad energy! It's a darkish figure either because it cannot accummulate enough energy to fully manifest or simply because it chooses to conceal its identity from you. The reason is yet to be known.

Since it "approaches" you at night, there are two assumptions I can make. First, it might be because your visitor feels that during night time all the rest of the living world is quiet and you personally are more relaxed and thus perceptive of your suroundings. Being that, you're inevitably more "conscious and open" to the sounds or images of the other dimension.

Second, your visitor might feel there's some kind of urgency at night-time. Maybe it feels that there's some need to protect you, to make sure you're tugged in safely and as you drift back to sleep, that allows him/her the "luxury" of observing you for as long as he/she wishes.

There's nothing malicious about a spirit that moves out of sight when you ask it to-that of course doesn't mean it leaves the room. It might still be there blending in the darkness of the room, observing you.

Since this is definitely an intelligent haunt, I'd be wondering who it is that's paying me visits. Could it be a past relative which is very possible or just a spirit that has become attached to me because I reming him/her of somebody else and that attachment has made it follow me for so long?

Please understand that by using eye shades you're not "blocking" the visits. Maybe your visitor has just decided that you prefer you don't see them and that is what makes their visits so "quiet" now.

If you ever interact with him/her (I would think it is "her"), I'd tell them that I'm safe and grateful for their protection so far but that it is no longer needed. That may "release" them from their "duties".

Thank you.
Smabk08 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Hi Surya, Thank you for your comment. So far nothing has happened in my new room but I will keep you posted.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Hi what an interesting story. Firstly I would agree with your friend. It sounds like a friendly ghost, obviously one that wants to make sure you are tucked in properly at night. Or just sitting on the edge of the bed observing you. What is interesting however is that this presence has been with you since you were at your parents house and then the bedroom in your rented place, but since moving rooms, regardless or whether you were eye shades or not, you have no more disturbances. It will be interesting to know if this presence does follow you into your new room. I think it may, but I could be wrong. Please keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: