You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit On The Bridge

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit On The Bridge

 

Hey guys, until now, I had never believed in all this, but after this experience, I have started believing in all these things.

Coming to the story... I currently live in Rajasthan and have ancestry in Maharashtra. During my holidays, I went to live with my father's cousin who had a big palatial house in the rural Konkan area.

In the morning, I used to go for trekking on the hills. One day, while I was moving towards a bridge, I saw a man looking down while leaning on the railing. I thought that he too might be taking a stroll in this rainy season. But as I started approaching towards him, I saw him fading away. Each step I took forward, he would fade more and at last, there was no one to be seen. I was scared out of my wits and ran towards a nearby railway cabin which was functioning that time.

Suddenly, I heard someone call my name from behind. It was the same man whom I saw moments ago. I was both shivering and sweating at the same time. I started reciting hanuman chalisa and ran as fast as I could.

After reaching the cabin, I saw a railway gangman. I rushed to him and narrated the whole incident. He called my uncle who came to take me home. I was scared that uncle would scold me, but instead he asked me what happened. I told him everything.

On enquiring with nearby locals, I came to know that a man had jumped from that bridge to commit suicide. Many people had encountered the same experience.

This was my story, and I hope to never encounter again with such things. Please don't mind the spelling or grammatical errors.

Other hauntings by slim_shady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slim_shady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lakshit-rattan (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Hi slim shady,

Nice to hear your story, you had guts, so you went forward, but is if I was at your place, I would have run back as a mad man. Anyways, thanks for sharing the story.

Hi outoftheboxthinker,

Hanuman Chalisa is actually a sacred text dedicated to lord "hanuman", who in Hindu mythology is the god who is can defeat any kind of ghost or spirits. Anyone who chants it, it is believed that lord "Hanuman" comes for his rescue.
outofboxthinker (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
hey,
What is hanuman chalisa? I feel like it's something religious but i'm not sure.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
slim_shady,
Scarier than seeing the man disappear is that he would follow you and know your name. This leads me to wonder if perhaps there is some connection to you and this man. You're a teen, so could you perhaps have been friends with a child of his? (I'm terribly ignorant of the geography of India so, I don't know if it's even feasible that you might know some of his kin.) Perhaps you need to delve deeper into this man's story. Who he was, when did he jump off the bridge, etc.
You said many others have had the same experience, were they also called by name? Very curious experience.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Maybe we could get back to the actual topic of this page? Or discuss clothed vs naked ghosts on rahul's page. Either way works.
NPPS (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Rahul, I havd seen s spirit once. It took the form of my dad and it was wearing clothes that my dad normally wears. Never heard of naked ghosts before.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Rahul,

We do not see naked ghosts because what we see when a spirit manifests is how that spirit sees itself... And unless its a really intimate setting that means they are wearing clothes...

As far as reincarnation goes... A mothers womb does not a Textile factory make... And that really only applies IF the individual is returning as a human.

Respectfully,

Rook
Rahul_Kumar (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
with all due respect mr. Tweed if matter replicate then if we agree with concept of rebirth then why people do not born with those replicated cloths in their future lifes why naked?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
ummm, no. In all my years I've never seen a naked ghost. It seems matter replicates.
Rahul_Kumar (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
was the man naked? If not then you must have seen a real man because ghosts are always naked. As we know living persons can take any earthly matter with them after death. So how can ghosts wear cloths? We are born naked so after death we will be naked.
ultimator03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Hi Slim Shady,
An interesting experience and yes even I too had a near similar experience and one more point is if you experience things like this you should not loose your wits in fear (which is easier said than done 😉) as some of these energy confuse people to lose their wits and hurt them sometimes leading to their death.

And did anyother local have similar experience? Or did anyone get hurt?
With respect and regards,
Ultimator03
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
Hi Slim Shady, and welcome.

Well I was going to suggest this as a residual energy type. Which is kind of like an imprinted memory in the landscape of where something very significant happened (in this case a man who ended his life). In residual cases the apparition you see does not have any conscious awareness as it's not the actual ghost of the person/animal itself but rather the memory of a significant event. With the actual ghost (s) blissfully unaware a moment in their life is playing out for some to witness. Very strange right?

But since you heard your name called, this strongly suggests that it wasn't residual but actually the man you saw.

Some questions for you which might uncover more:
Do you have any idea why the man would know your name?
Could there have been someone close by who called your name and you mistook the voice for this man?

Interesting sighting. I can relate to ghosts who disappear once you near closer, it's pretty fascinating stuff!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: