You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Camping Tale

Real Ghost Stories

A Camping Tale

 

I was expecting my first child at the time, and I went camping. Dumb-dumb-DUMB! As I was in my first trimester, and the morning sickness was horrible.

We went to the Colorado river, and camped at one of the many camping locations along the waterfront. I don't remember the exact location, but I should have told my husband, "Let's go home!"

The first thing I want to mention, if you see a huge dead snake, hanging from a tree, take it as a warning. I didn't, and we set up camp nearby.

It was hot, it was dirty, and the water looked muddy. I had all day long nausea from the pregnancy, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was NOT having a good time.

The tent was musty smelling, and I didn't know how I was going to muddle through two days. My poor husband was trying to help me, but he went off walking a few times. I have to admit, I was grouchy and

Absolutely miserable. Being pregnant, and trying to get comfortable on top of a sleeping bag, not comfy on an overly sensitive body.

The first evening, we hiked up a short trail to a hilltop peak. It was stunning up there. The view was amazing, and you could see the flowing waters of the river. I tried to ignore the waves of nausea, but as the sun was almost gone, the need to vomit was overwhelming.

Little did I know at that time, the nausea would become worse. My husband tried to be a gentleman, and help me down the hill, but I would have no part of it. My stubborn nature was rubbed raw by all this camping stuff. He left me behind, in the dark.

I have to admit, it was all my fault. I wasn't very nice to be around, but anybody who has had-morning, afternoon, and evening nausea, you can relate.

I made my way down the loose dirt and rocks, and slid down onto my backside a couple times. I wasn't sure of the landscape, and I didn't want to fall in the dark. It got really dark out there, and I mean pitch black. No campfires greeted my eyes, and I tried to remember which way we came.

I stood in the blackness, trying to decide which way to go. It was a cracking sound that pulled me away from my thoughts. I turned my ear toward the sound. It sounded like someone coming toward me, but I didn't see a thing.

Footfalls were lumbering toward me, and it sounded like someone wearing boots. They shuffled along the stones, and broke small branches along the way. I started to hear heavy breathing as well, and it sounded like someone laboring for each breath.

My heart started to beat a little a faster, I was sure it wasn't my husband come to look for me. He had on a pair of tennis shoes, with rubber soles. The person walking toward me, was thick and heavy. My husband is tall and slender.

I wanted to call out for my husband, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself in the dark. I sat down on the ground, and hugged my knees to my chest. I figured, I would wait until the unknown person passed me by. Then I would try and find my way back to camp.

I took the time to look all around me, but all I could see was more of the same. Inky darkness met my gaze at every turn. It hit me then, I wasn't feeling any nausea at that moment! Hunger took me over, and my stomach started to growl. I placed my hands over my stomach, willing it to shut up. The sound was audible to anyone approaching me, and here I sat, alone in the dark.

I realized I was holding my breath. Taking in a slow drink of fresh air, I exhaled, and listened to the night around me. I didn't hear the walking boots any longer, but I saw a glow to my left. I tried to focus on the light, but it was moving about.

The light became more blue than white, and it had a yellowish mist surrounding the edges. Oh great! I've been found out, yet again, and here I was, in the middle of nowhere! This was another entity, coming to ask for help. Or could it be to torment me? I never knew what to expect.

I decided to stand, and that is when it hit me. The smell of death. It's not a good smell. In an instant, the nausea was back, and I found myself retching onto my shoes. I felt horrible, and the smell of death lingered in my nostrils, long after the odor of my vomiting dissipated.

I wiped my mouth with the bottom of my shirt, and looked around. The glow as still off my left shoulder, and it hadn't come any closer. I knew I was supposed to go over there, but I didn't feel like it. Pregnant or not, I knew I had to find out what this entity wanted. So I pushed myself forward, walking slowly, carefully in the darkness. I used the light it was giving off as a beacon to guide me.

It was strange that I didn't see any campfires or lights. Was I making a bad decision by walking toward this ethereal being? I prayed I would be OK.

It took me around twenty minutes to get to the area where the entity stood. He was a big Ghost! Probably six foot three, and around three hundred fifty pounds. He stared past me, not seeming to notice me approaching him. He was watching for something or someone.

In a blink of an eye, I found him standing directly in front of me. I stared up into his round face. His eyes were black as night, and I saw the bullet hole in his temple. Had he killed himself? I knew he was waiting for me to tell him what had happened.

When they appear in such a confused state, and this one was anxiety ridden, I have to very gentle. I asked him what was his last memory, and he said he couldn't remember. He kept hitting himself in the head as though jarring himself to remember. I took a step away, but he stepped closer to me, drawing on my energy, and that of my baby.

I wasn't feeling strong at all, so I sat down at his feet. He quickly followed suit, sitting on his knees and ankles. I had trouble hearing him as he faded in and out. I knew I had to get his story soon, and send him on, but he kept wallowing in panic. He kept saying his head hurt, it hurts so bad. His hands were now covering his ears. He seemed to sway from side to side, and his eyes were closed. I needed him to look at me, and he refused to open his eyes!

What got his attention? I had another wave of vomiting, and I spewed it all over the ground where I sat. He was at rapt attention after that.

I asked him if he knew he was deceased. He shook his head in denial.

He told me he was as much flesh and blood, as I was.

I told him to reach out and touch my arm. He shook his head "No".

It was then that I reached out and ran my hand through the entity. He fell back from me, surprised at seeing my hand go through his body.

I saw the resignation in his eyes. He finally understood. I asked him what year it was, and he told me "1937". I told him it was now 1975, and I told him he needed to move on. He finally understood what that meant.

Sometimes it isn't easy to convince them they no longer belong in the physical world. I was glad he didn't ask me any questions. I just wanted to send him on, and find my tent.

The Ghost asked me where his wife and children were. I told him they were waiting for him on the other side. I always tell them this so they will anticipate moving on. He appeared to have died in his sixties. This is the image he projected before me. Since he couldn't remember how he died, and the bullet hole in his temple was a good indication of suicide, I had to assume this was the cause of death.

I didn't know if he had killed himself out here, and it didn't matter. My main concern was sending on his Soul. He walked into the eternal realm, slowly and unsure, but he did get through.

I never knew his name, or why he had a bullet hole in his temple, and you know, none of that mattered. He was finally where he belonged, and not in the physical plane any longer. I prayed he was at peace.

To end my experience, I found my way to the campsite, and seven months later, I had a 7lb-7oz, HEALTHY baby girl. My daughter will be 33 years old, three days before Christmas.

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-27)
what a good story... But I don't believe a word of it... Seeing shadow people is one thing... But this...
ghostboi (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
i am myself a psychic medium and I have had situations like that but by the sounds of it you handled it superbly well done p.s was your husband glad to see
Leehome (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
This is a great story. I would have been scared out of my mind in those dark woods with a "stranger." I wouldn't have been able to handle myself the way you did. I commend you for that. You are strong and brave. This ghost knew he could reach out to you. You are wonderful for helping him find his way to peace.
camille (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
if that happened to me it will scare me to death 😭 or ill run as fast as I can but I think its a good ghost
PysicicSceneKid45 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
Wow! This was amazing 😁 but what a shocker of a husband! I'm glad you left him 😉 anyways, I'm glad you could help him move on, I'm curious as to what you think he was still doing in the forest? If a ghost had committed suicide, then they would have lost the will to live right? That way by taking their own lives 90% of the time they would have felt closure... But, this guy was still attached to the forest, mabye he was trying to tell you something by leading you to the forest?

Mabye he was murdered, in the clearing he led you to, you said he was waiting for something, mabye he was stuck in a lapse, until you broke it, and he talked to you.

Just my personal views.

Congrats on your babies 😊
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
stupid first husband:)
Lovly story I'm glad your child was ok it would have been terrible if she wasn't...it would be infact ironic if you had to cross the spirit of your ex XD imagen his face when you tell him he's dead and you can still see him XD but really I hope you don't because that would be akward...

Till next time,
~Tora
Okami~
sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
This one is going to be in one of my favorites.
That was so cruel of your ex to do to his pregnant wife in the dark. I am glad you left him. He couldn't be a good father ever.
Sorry for getting a little personal.😢

But it was so brave of you to approach that spirit and help him to move on... That in the dark in the forest and with another soul inside you.Truly,hats off to you.

Reading your stories has always been a pleasure.Indeed,well-written. ❤

****Be Happy! Spread Smiles!****
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
To everyone who has commented on my jerk-of-a-first-husband, I agree with you... It was hard being left alone in the dark. When I married again after three years of dating (last/final time), I got a winner!. We are still happily married. We have a total of three Daughters!. I can't complain... Except about the first husband...Blessings, Ghostseer
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
This story is beautiful, but at the same time, I don't understand how your husband could leave you out alone, being pregnant!
You have an amazing gift.
Take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Yeah, I'm really sorry that he did that to you! I'm glad you and your baby were okay though.

Warmest blessings,
DA
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Hi Ghostseer,
Yeap, thank God your first husband became your first husband!, after leaving you out there, I have very few simpaty for him... Congrats on your Baby girl... You don't look like a mother of a 33 year old!, hehehe (I visited your web site) 😊
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
BriFischer05: Thankyou for your coments!. Be sure and check out my website or my blog. You can read about me and see lots of photos of ghostly/paranormal places,etc.

DeviousAngel: I agree with you about my FIRST husband leaving me in the dark (We got divorced). At least I made it back to campsite in one piece. Blessings, Ghostseer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Wow...um...even if you were being mean, I don't think there's any good reason for a husband to leave behind his pregnant wife in the wilderness. You could have died from exposure or an animal attacking you. I'm glad that you were able to help that spirit at least...
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
One of my favorite stories. Very well told. You have a great a gift and you seem to use it very well with great intentions. God bless you and your family!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: