You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Creepy Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Basement

 

I'm Carrie, and thought I'd share my story with you.

My roomies and I just moved into our new house about a month ago, and since the basement was a nice clean finished basement I wanted my room to be down there.

Starting from about a week after we moved in I have been waking up in the middle of the night to hearing voices, I would go upstairs and of course everyone would be sleeping, so I just assume they were dreams etc.

That was until last night, I had just turned out the lights and lay down and was wide awake mind you when I heard a small child laughing sounded like it was right in front of my face! So very freaked out I turned my light back on and TV and calmed down trying to think of any logical explanation-of course there wasn't one.

I finally fell asleep and woke up around 4 a.m. To extreme pain in my leg I looked and I had a bright red bite mark and small handprint on my leg... I did not tell my roomies this morning as I'm sure they wouldn't believe me considering they don't believe in ghosts, demons, or anything supernatural.

Maybe one of you reading this has had a similar experience and would have some good advice for me? Also in our utility room off from the basement, some previous tenants (I'm assuming) had wrote 666 and had drawn pentagrams on the walls, but I painted over that before we even moved in.

Thanks for reading my creepy experience

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carriencolorado, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
ohh that would be scary to be bitten. The closest thing that happened to me was I was walking in my room and felt a terrible burning (it was really painful) on my hip so I lifted up my shirt and looked and some strange symbol was there. Like if you get a cat scratch and your skin swells up a little bit and looks red and inflamed except I had a definite weird shape or pattern. I didn't touch the area before and I wasn't near anything that could rub my hip. For me the swelling went down after about five minutes or so and then the symbol disappeared. I can't remember what it looked like now, because it happened about 4 years ago. I just remembered thinking it looked like some sort of occult symbol or something like that at the time.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Wow! A red mark? That's really weird! I would go to the doctor if I were you! ❤
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
It left a mark on your leg? Hmm... Not good.

I would NOT sleep down there anymore.
During the day, move upstairs with one of your other roomies.

You do need to get rid of the spirit.
Have the house blessed or something!

Just, please be careful.

Any questions?
Email me... (email is on my homepage)

Be Safe! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
I am going to post a shout out here:

If anyone is comfortable with answering this question publicly, I think it MAY alleviate a few fears, here.
In my last comment I stated that I had not, as of yet, seen the pentagram in associated with the sixes.
Is this true... Or just the extent of my knowledge?
Thank you.
carriencolorado (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Hey everyone, So I just got off the phone with my landlord, my house is 4 years old my landlord built it and lived in it for 1 year then moved out (without any experiences)... 4 months after he moved out he rented it to a single father and his daughter. The daughter died of complications of her cancer, and my landlord said the father moved out. But he did tell me he knew about the witchcraft stuff (he just didn't bother to get rid of it) he said the father was really into the "unknown"...
However that doesn't explain the voices... Nor the bite mark, because the guys daughter was only 1 and the imprint on my leg had teeth marks, I didn't know a 1 year old had all their teeth? This is all really confusing, and to further answer your guys questions, it was a circle with a normal looking star in it... There were a couple of those and just some writings and 666... Nothing too major I don't think?
carriencolorado (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Hey guys... So they were circles with just a star in them... So the other day I was babysitting my 4 year old neice, and we were in the kitchen, she was playing with toys on the floor, I was at the computer, I looked over and noticed her smiling and giggling and waving towards the see through door that goes to the basement... Kind of creeped me out she also held her hands up as if someone was going to pick her up... Once again creepy.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Another thing worth pointing out, which DeviousAngel touched on there, the pentagram with the numbers 6 beside it...
Was the head point of the star, within the circle, UP, or were the FEET of the star UP?
I have never seen a correct pentagram in association with the sixes. An INVERTED one, yes. But NOT a "true" pentagram. The five points of the pentagram represent Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Spirit. And the circle represents the endlessness or eternity.
Thanks again!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Oh, no, no, Carrie, I was not doubting the bite. I just wanted to be clear on WHO bit you (as in, was there a possibility of TWO problematic entities, instead of the ONE "small laughing child", OR an animal). As you had heard voices, and went to investigate them, I wanted to make sure I understood correctly that this was what happened.
I asked about the mice, rats and night critters to try and account for the voices heard upstairs. If something was "chittering" up there, maybe...
If you ARE close to your neighbors houses, and you can not discover anything about YOUR home (should you choose to research this to see who the little girl IS, and WHY she would BITE- kind of rare, there), I would suggest checking out the histories of the neighbors houses, or the neighborhood.
I asked about the finished basement as I had lived in a house, rock's throw away from the neighbors, where the "finished" basement had nothing on the cinder blocks that created the walls. It WAS finished, wood flooring in one room, wall to wall carpeting in the other, but the walls were not.
The cinder blocks created a freak acoustic situation in which we could hear the people in the UPSTAIRS apartment next door. NOT the downstairs neighbors, only the UPstairs ones. Which was a freaky experience in itself, as we had never even HEARD the language they were speaking BEFORE we heard THEM in the privacy of their own home.
I do not blame you at all for sleeping upstairs now. If some phantom child decided to sink it's teeth into ME, I would be gone too!
Thank you.
carriencolorado (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Yes whitebuffalo it is the bite mark of a child I know its hard to believe lol but its true... My basement is finished its a brand new house, I am pretty close to my neighbors house tho why? But no mice bugs or anything. If it happens again I will definitely take a picture for everyone, but I have moved upstairs now I won't even sleep down there anymore.
:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hmm...after reading some of the other comments here, I think I'm in agreement with what some of the others said, and it's possible that I was wrong about the symbols having little or nothing to do with the entity there. As in the case of Ouija boards, it's possible that someone living there was dabbling in the occult and didn't know what they were doing. To be clear, a pentacle is a symbol of protection, not evil. If someone was doing some kind of occult thing there, they should know that, and would have put it there for the sake of protection. If they put it there to summon some kind of evil spirit, then they obviously didn't know what they were doing, and perhaps that's why there's something a bit more than playful there. Please keep us updated and let us know if anything else happens.

Warmest blessings,

DA
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hello Carrie, and Welcome.
Yep, I am in partial agreement with DA's first paragraph there, AND with the photograph idea. If nothing else, it would serve as a form of "proof" for yourself.
Then I ALSO agree with Hoochler. Painting over the symbols does NOT remove them. All it does is cover them up. It would be like putting a dresser in front of the symbols so that you can not see them. People who USE the symbols often times do THAT in order to not allow anyone else in on that.

Boy. Bites, hand print.
I have a bit of a different thought going through my head, and the reason I checked out the comments first (that is the opposite of what I would normally do) was that I was interested in knowing if someone pointed out that a Pentagram does NOT mean evil. That was an important thought that I wanted to make clear.
Can you remember the BITE marks? Can you UNDOUBTEDLY state that this was the bite mark of a child? I know you did not say that this child you heard bit you, but... Are there any mice, rats, unwanted night critters that are able to get within the home?
Are the basement WALLS finished? Or are they cinder blocks, cement? How close are the neighbors homes?
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. Its realy hard to say what has caused this or what this spirits intetions are. But since it lefta mark on your body then there is something going on. Spirits can scare us like hell but once it starts to get phisical then it can get very dangerous. You never know what can happen. A simle push can make you fly down the stairs. What I'm trying to say is that you NEED to get rid of this spirit. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
carriencolorado (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Thanks guys:) last night I had my friend stay the night with me down in my basement and of course nothing happened which prob led my friend to think I'm a little weird or something which sucks cause it really did happen... I think I'll take your advice Hoochler and get some magic erasers if this is all stemming from the stuff on the wall.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I was thinking that "extreme" pain, bright red bite mark AND handprint sound other than playful.
A physically invasive action like that should not be taken lightly when coming from a human source, far less so when coming from a supernatural one.

The unknown factor is exactly what occult activity took place there, if any.
If any did it's probably connected to your experiences, and I agree that more is needed to deal with it than a paintover, since whatever may have happened there would ultimately involve spiritual energies not accessible for erasure by purely physical means.
Good points, Hoochler.
And good point, Devious Angel, about the need to resist a fear response.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Hello carrie, welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I just made a (too long) post about a similar situation here on YGS. Please see my comments here...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4682

I agree with DeviousAngel about the naming and meaning of the symbols on your wall, I disagree with her in that I think it probably is relevant to what you are experiencing. Even (and especially) if dabbling in the occult is done incompetently, it can still result in inviting in unwanted spirits.

Human like laughter would seem to suggest a (dead human) ghost, bite marks suggest (to me at least) an entity that never was (or will be) human. The occult symbols also add credence to the haunting cycle I describe in the post shown above.

I would start by REMOVING (and not painting over) the occult symbols. Try using normal cleaners, if that is ineffective try using nail polish remover (with acetone), or isopropyl alcohol (not at the same time as the nail polish remover). You can also try Mr. Clean magic erase pads. It is OK if you wreck the paint job on the wall in doing this as long as the offending marks are completely REMOVED. Markings like this can act as an ongoing beacon to attract and invite spirits into the space even if they are painted over (they are still there and plainly visible to spirits on the astral plane if they are simply painted over). You can always paint the wall once you get the glyphs off of it to make it look nice again.

You should also try to dismiss the spirits as I describe in the other post and cleanse the house in accordance with your spiritual beliefs. If you have no such beliefs, I have heard a smudging ceremony can be effective, although I have never done one myself.

I have suggestions in my YGS profile on how to harden your aura as a defense as well as an explanation on how lower spirits can attack living beings with thoughtforms.

Good luck,

Hoochler
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I think the things the previous tenants wrote on the walls were just reckless acts of silly teenagers. When you say pentagrams, do you mean stars with circles around them? Those are pentacles, and if it was some kind of devil-worship, they would be reversed (flipped upside-down) not just normal pentacles. I don't think it has anything to do with the spirit that's in your basement. I know some people are going to jump to conclusions because of the writings on your walls and play the "demon" card, but I don't think it's that at all. It sounds like a powerful haunting is all. Do not be afraid of it! It's probably just a playful child throwing a tantrum because you're ignoring him/her.

With that said, it's very strange that you saw those marks on yourself, and I would recommend that you take photos of them if they show up again. That might give you a better idea of what you're dealing with... The size of the handprint, the formation of the bite mark, etc. You could share them with us and some of the great minds we've got around here should be able to give you some ideas as to what it is. Perhaps a cleansing or blessing would help, and also speaking out loud and telling this entity to leave you alone. If it's hurting you, be very firm in telling it to leave you alone. Most spirits are satisfied that you recognize their presence and will respect your wishes. If it continues on, again, cleansing or blessing the place will help.

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: