You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Abandoned House

Real Ghost Stories

The Abandoned House

 

When I was a little girl back in the early 1980s, I lived in a town where one could ride their bicycle all over the place and no one would bother you. The whole town actually watched over the kids when they played outside.

I lived on a street where part of it cut off into a dirt road, and there were old houses down it, and a horse farm. I used to ride my bicycle up and down the dirt road every day after school. There was one particular house that I really liked, it was abandoned for years. I would stop in the road and push my bicycle down in the field across from the house. I used to like to sit at the edge of the field and stare at that little house.

One spring day, I rode my bicycle to this house and did what I always did. Except I didn't push my bike into the field this time. I sat astride on it and looked at the house. I felt kind of dizzy and shook my head. When I did that, this old black car came driving up and parked in the driveway. I thought it was kind of funny, but I thought maybe someone had finally bought that house and was moving in. The house didn't look the same, however. It looked as though it had just received a brand new paint job and there were actually flowers growing where there had once been weeds.

A lady and her baby appeared on the porch from nowhere, and they seemed to be welcoming the person in the car. The door opened and a man got out and was waving back at them. Both people were wearing old-fashioned clothes, like from the 40s or 50s. I knew something wasn't right about what I was seeing, but I kept watching.

I got really dizzy again and lost my balance and fell off my bike. I looked to the house to see if these people saw me fall, but they were gone. The car was gone, the house looked dilapidated and the flowers were gone.

I couldn't understand what had just happened. I got on my bike and pedalled as fast as I could back home. I never told a soul about what I had seen until years later.

I always wondered if I stepped into some kind of dimensional thing or entered into a time slip.

Has anyone had any kind of experience like that?

Other hauntings by MunstersBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MunstersBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-05-03)
I have heard of several incidences similar to this. Some are quite extreme, actually.

In one of the cases I read, a couple had decided to go on a short road trip out of town. The couple was middle aged, and eventually drove along a dirt road in some grassy hills.

They drove for a good hour or so, and spotted a town up ahead. When they finally got to it, the town had an old-western theme to it. Small houses, saloons, small town restaurants, and so on.

They found it very fascinating that such town existed, especially considering that the townspeople were all dressed in the age theme as well.

They had decided to go to the restaurant, have a meal, and conversed with a few people there.

They had a great time, headed back home, and told a few of their friends what an interesting town they had found.

Not too long later, the couple and their friends went to go find the town again. They took the same roads, and passed the same hills.

However, when they got to the location, there was no town at all. No sign of one, and vegetation was naturally present, just like the surrounding area.

I believe that you may have had a similar experience! Very lucky!
Spottedpeltwarrior (6 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
you must be seeing flash backs of when those people lived there. If there not flash backs they must be ghosts
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
spooky but gorgeous story id love to know if this property still exists and what really occurred to you.
esther91 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
That was very interesting Thanks for the story. I've actually read where this has happened to other peole before it's almost like a slip in time or something like that

❤ Esther
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
It sounds like we grew up in the same type of town (and about the same era). It sounds like you experienced a time slip, something I find very fascinating. Thanks for sharing this!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Unfortunately, yes I have had experiences such as this. I am not sure if it is a parelel dimension, or if for that point and time we are just more aware and in tune woth the goings on around us.

You had gone to the house many times because you appreciatted the house and the yard. This day, you were open to seeing the residual energy f the house.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

God Bless!
LaurenB (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
That is a great story! I am truly envious - it sounds like the All-American Family; he just needed to be smoking a pipe and bringer her flowers, while she made him a dry martini and finished up the roast. 😉

It sounds like you got a rare glimpse of a perfect day long since passed - truly something to cherish!

~LaurenB
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
I never did any research on that house. I'm not sure if that house still stands, because I no longer live in the area and have not been to that house in almost 25 years. It was one of the more positive experiences I have had with paranormal encounters. I would like to think that I got to glimpse into the past to see a very happy family going about their life.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Thank you for sharing this story with us. I think you're right--you may have come upon a time slip, or what we might call a residual haunting. Either way, you were blessed even to have a glimpse of the happiness that the family living there once had. Did you ever get a chance to research the property, or find out just who lived there?

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: