You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Her Last Christmas

Real Ghost Stories

Her Last Christmas

 

My ex-husband and I spent the night with my MawMaw on Christmas 1997. I was "bigger than a house" pregnant and was munching on some left over Christmas dinner. We all were sitting in the dark while watching a movie. I was feeling fine and my baby was kicking about. I moved closer to my MawMaw so she could feel the baby move. I sat beside her for the remainder of that movie.

She had a Christmas tree sitting in front of the window that was decorated with ornaments that she had whenever my mom, aunt and uncles were babies and some ornaments that my PawPaw liked a lot. They were looking their age, but still gave a nice shimmer when the Christmas lights would blink near them.

I felt a little funny. I thought it was a pregnancy thing. I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned my head to see what it was.

On the tree, there was this large, gold ornament, which belonged to my PawPaw. It was spinning very fast around and around as if someone had wound it up and let it go. I found this utterly fascinating because the rest of the ornaments sat still. The tree did not move and nothing was disturbed.

I tapped my MawMaw on the shoulder and pointed to the tree. She looked surprised for a moment and a great peace washed over her. She said aloud, "Alvin (that was my PawPaw's name), I love you too. And Merry Christmas." Then her touch lamp came on, blinked twice and went off again.

Two months later, she passed away. For the rest of my life, I will always think that he was there letting her know he was waiting on her to go with her to Heaven. I never felt like he moved into the Light until she joined him.

Other hauntings by MunstersBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MunstersBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Thank you for sharring this heart felt story with us. I'm very sorry for your loss. I believe that pawpaw went to the light. I think that the higher power told him that it was time for someone who mawmaw truley loves and trusts should come and taker her to the land of happiness. And no better person could have come for her then her beloved husband. I like to think that some day when our day comes that our beloved ones will come for us too. And when that day comes imagine waht a party there would be in heaven 😉
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-25)
I'm going to echo Kim's comment about your story by saying that you are blessed to have had such loving grandparents and shared your early years with them. They had a lot to do with the kind of person you are today-for the love you learnt to receive and give!

Cherish their memories! I'm convinced they will both be there for you whenever you need them.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Maybe Paw Paw did move on when passing but is also what is called a visiting spirit. They are not trapped here but can come and go when needed. Sounds like your grandparents had a very special love. She didn't seem surprised by the event meaning maybe she had other signals from him as well. It's nice to know our loved ones can help us with the transition of passing from this world into the next.
ghostgirl445 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Wow, great story! It touched me. Anyways I had a similar experince to this but its different. I will write it on my second story that happened in 1999. Please keep in mind I am only 14 years old. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ghostgirl445
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes. It was such a heartwarming story and one you will cherish forever. Love knows no boundries, here or in the spirit world. You have my blessings and thanks for sharing this with us. 😊
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Wow that was sooo sweet!❤ I really loved it. Now you can be sure that they both are together and happy with each other and maybe looking after you!😊
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
what a realistic stroy good retelling and I felt like iam floating to you this was very great of you for good sharing with us and finalkly god bless you!
Baby sorry
Munster baby
Sorry sorry
Munster babe
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I have edited most of your stories related to your MawMaw and PawPaw. I just wanted to say that these stories have touched me deeply. You have shown through your stories a loving and compasionate relationship you had with both of them, this relationship trancends time and space and I am so glad that you were blessed with them being able to let you know that they have crossed over to peace.

Thank you again for taking the time to share these wonderful life accounts wiht us!

God Bless!
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. They were indeed angels sent from Heaven, in my eyes. They were very much in love with each other and had more love to spread around. I know that when someone's loved one passes on, that they are not gone forever. They indeed come back to comfort and sometimes they come back to tell us something. They always watch over us.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you for sharing another one of these wonderful stories. I really get such a good feeling from them. It sounds like there was so much love in your grandparents for you, and you are very blessed have continued to receive it even while they were on the other side. Take care!

Blessings,
DA
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
what a beautiful story, very heartwarming. Sorry you lost them both but your experience must hold great comfort in knowing they have each other forever now.
Take care
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I have read you last story about your Pawpaw and yes its truely a beautiful experience. Thanks so much for sharing and sorry for your loss...:)

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
I want to tell you how much your story has touched me! You are truly blessed to have had such caring grandparents to raise and Love you. I can tell that everything you write about is coming straight from your heart.

God Bless You!
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful experience with us. The stories like this make the recent passing of my mother and the passing of my father 3 years prior a lot easier to handle. All I can say is thank you 😊. God bless.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
What a beautiful story. I believe that our closest loved ones, when passed, do simple, touching things like that just to remind us how close they are. Often, it's on special occassions like birthdays or Christmas.

Treasure the memory of this. Your PawPaw was speaking to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: