You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Short And Squatty Like An Old Frog Man

Real Ghost Stories

Short And Squatty Like An Old Frog Man

 

When I was married to my now ex-husband, we wanted to buy a house. We had two small children and needed the room. We found a doublewide that was only a few years old and in pristine shape. I wasn't too keen on it, but my ex loved it. When I stepped inside of the house, the atmosphere in it was so thick you could cut it with a knife. From previous experiences, I knew this was an omen. I told him there was something wrong with this house, and that we should move on to look at something else. As usual, he never listened to me.

We moved in, and things seemed quiet for a while. I went to work and my step dad came to watch the kids in the mornings. The second week of watching the kids, he started getting anxious to leave as soon as my ex or me came home from work.

I noticed this and told him we needed to talk. I asked him why he was nearly running out the door and he told me that every morning around 9, he heard the back door open and heard footsteps walking through the den, through the kitchen and stopped in the living room where he was. He also told me that he heard voices throughout the house when there should be none, other than his and my children's.

I didn't know what to say. He confirmed my suspicions that something wasn't right there, and I didn't want to lose him as a sitter. I told him I would talk to my husband and come up with a plan.

Well, the following weekend, things turned for the worse. My car broke down right down at the road from where the house was. My husband was behind the wheel when he said it just stopped driving.

It was about midnight and we lived on a country road. Right above where the car stalled, there was a very old AME church that had been abandoned for years. He said he got out of the car and had the feeling as if someone were behind him. He started running and it was running after him. He nearly broke down the door sobbing and shaking and wouldn't speak of what he saw for a few hours.

That Sunday night, he went in to work third shift and I was alone in the house with the kids. My son who was 4 at the time kept telling me about this thing he saw in his room at night. He said that it was dressed in a black suit and made him feel scared. So I assured him that there was no one in the house but us, and tucked him and my 2 year old in their beds and went to bed myself.

Around one AM, I heard a noise coming out of the boys' room. I thought one of them got out of bed and was coming to get in mine. This mildly irritated me because I knew I would get kicked and pummelled all night.

I lay in bed with my back turned to the door. I heard little footsteps walking through the living room. I heard my door open just a bit. With my eyes closed and my back turned to the door, I said, "Come on Nick, get in the bed with Mama." I waited. No kid. I turned to look and there was no child in my room. I looked all over for them. I finally went to their room where they were both sound asleep. It stuck me kind of odd, and I brushed it off.

Things were quiet for months after that. I noticed my husband I started getting into nasty fights almost nightly. He started drinking more and started becoming abusive towards me. We had never had an argument in our whole relationship until we moved into that house.

There was one night after a particular nasty fight that the kids told me something strange. After my husband stormed out of the door and went on to work, I went in and made sure the kids were all right. Thankfully they were asleep.

I went to bed upset and was ready to leave with my children to go and stay with my Mom until the whole thing blew over. I fell asleep and didn't wake up until the next morning. When I woke up, both kids were in my bed crying hysterically. I calmed them down and asked them what was wrong.

My oldest son said that he and his brother woke up really scared and wanted to come get in the bed with me. They saw the man wearing black standing by the front door and every time they tried to get into my room, it would come over there and threaten to hurt them and me. My son said he was short and squatty like an old frog. They made a run for my room and hopped up on the bed trying like crazy to wake me up. They couldn't wake me up and thought I was dead. When I finally woke up, they started crying. They knew Mama was okay and they could go to sleep.

That night, things got out of control. My ex was unbelievably drunk and we had a physical fight in front of the kids. He pushed me down and tried to strangle me. I could see in his eyes that my husband was no longer there, that something ELSE was. I fought for my life and managed to call the cops. The kids and I got out of that house for good.

When I went to get our things, my ex had taken nearly everything that belonged to the kids and me. I got whatever was left. When I was in that house, I felt more scared than I ever did in my whole life at that time. Something chased me out of that house and I never came back.

My oldest son is almost 11 years old and still cries to this day when you mention the white house or the frog man.

I will always believe that it was the land and not the house that was haunted.

Other hauntings by MunstersBabe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MunstersBabe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
I can't imagine how you felt. You know, it's one thing for you to be messed with, even for your significant other... But when it comes to your kids (and I'm speaking as a mother also) there is an untapped rage inside when something messes with your children. I would fight to the death to protect my son from harm as I'm sure you would for your children. I'm glad you got you and them out of that house and away from your ex. It is so damaging to a child to watch their parent get abused. THEN on top of the spirits in the house...it's just terrible they had to go through that.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Whew! What an awful experience!

I tend to agree with you about the problem being with the land rather than the structure, though. I lived in a site-built house and had a lot of problems, too, and things didn't improve until I finally left it behind, so I need no convincing on that score. I think some places just get 'saturated' with negativity in some way, and it sounds as if the location of your doublewide is one of them.

I'm glad you and your boys are out of there!

❤ ❤ ❤
MunstersBabe (10 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Silly123:

The house remains unoccupied and we were the last occupants. It's sat empty for the past five years and we no longer own it. I think that the land that this place sits on is the real haunted place. It was some old farm land that was developed for a housing development. I never did any research on the area. I can't even drive by that place without getting creeped out.

I live about 2.5 hours from that place now, and I have no plans of ever going back there.: (
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Interesting story - you should call the ghost hunters to investigate that place.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
That is so awful. I'm really sorry to hear that you and your children had to go through all of that. That man's lucky that it wasn't me he was fighting with, 'cause I have less compassion when it comes to defending myself... Especially if my children were watching. Well, if he was still alive when I was done with him, he'd probably be in the hospital on VERY strong drugs.

I don't know what to say about the spirits that lived there or whether they actually influenced your ex. It sounds to me like the "not there" thing was probably due to the alcohol, but there were definitely spirits in your home. I've heard of cases where spirits become active when couples start to fight. The rise of negativity in the atmosphere sort of draws them out for various reasons. I almost have to wonder if your children were having nightmares or psychological responses to your ex's abuse...still, I know this is a highly personal story, and I'm glad that you and your children are okay now.

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: