You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Friday Night Sitting

Real Ghost Stories

A Friday Night Sitting

 

First some background... I am from Washington state and lived on the coast till I married, my grandparents lived in a very small town called New London it can be found outside of Hoquiam on Highway 101 heading north. My grandmother was a medium and had sitting's each Friday night in my grandparents living room this house was built by my grandfather and Great uncle from a Logging Bunk house it was two stories and had two bedrooms and a one car garage.

My grandfather built (and held several patents) band saws that were used thought out the west coast and Canada in big Saw mills. I believe there are still some of them around. He had a very large machine shop, with office attached, that he made the saws in so he needed a very large driveway for trucks to be able to come and go in, the drive lead up to the house, and was all gravel, so when someone drove in to the driveway there would be no way that you could miss the crunch of the gravel from the tires going over it when it got to the house and at night with the light of 2 big street lights flooding it with light it was very unlikely anyone would be able to get to the house without being seen.

The sittings were not something that you had to pay to be invited to, it was just word of mouth and being there at 7 pm in the evening and staying till it was over.

This took place on a fall evening, I remember that because it was when the sun was setting earlier again, and it was dark before the evening started. There was some 9 maybe 10 people that had come that night, my father and myself included. The hall way light was turned on so that the back of the house was lighted if someone needed to take a break they would not have a problem. The drapes that were over the front window and the side window looking over the deck that lead to the front door was left open to let the light from the street lights come into the living room.

Right at 7:30 the sitting started as any normal Friday night... Two people had come in for just a very short time and it was like there was a lull then from outside we heard a car turn into the driveway and come slowly up the drive and stop right under the window. I wanted to get up and see who it was but my dad shook his head no at me and whispered to sit still.... the engine turned off and first one car door opened then two more opened and closed with the first one you could hear foot steps walking in the gravel then nothing when they walked across the grass to the side walk and then up the wooden stairs and walking across the deck to stop right at the window. My dad got up to go and open the door but looked out the window to see who was there first and stood stock still... my grandfather took one look at him and then turned to look out the front window where the car was at.... or should I say should have been.... there was nothing there.... after what most likely was only a few seconds but felt like a lot longer it was like they seen what they wanted and had turned back around, walked back down the steps and opened the car doors closed them started the engine and backed slowly out of the drive way. Every one of us that night heard the same things we all stood up to watch out the front window... there was nothing there.

Other hauntings by gswife

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

jujubee6 (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Yes I know exactley where that is I used 2 drive by threr everyday I have seen them many times b4 😕
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
Did your Grandmother know who her visitors were? I think that would be an interesting piece of information. Not necessarily for this story, but for you too. I believe that these entities needed guidance, and may have met with her occasionally. I have no proof of this, of course, but that is the feeling I get from your recount of this night. Thank you.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-06)
wow that sounds like that was amazing experience you went through there. Kinda freaky and strange in a way don't you think. Something similar happened to me I heard a little girl voice in my house coming from my parents room when I looked there was no one there. I say ghosts can do strange and cool things in away. They don't know there dead do they that could be why just living there life's like they normally would really. They can do things just like we can and we think there real people. I have seen 3 ghosts and they have looked real but they are not they come out of thin air and disappear in to thin air I hope I said that right. I have seen it in my very own eyes. I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
Shenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear Debborah,
Great story!
I need to figure out how to write like you LOL.

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-02)
wow, what a story, that's strange that there could be nothing there. they must've been ghost vehicles with ghosts inside of them. That's cool. Are mediums the ones who have some sort of sixth sense or are they the ones that can help a ghost or someone long past materialize? I have been wandering that for a long time and I really want to find out. well I really liked your story, keep up with it!!! hope you had a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: