You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A Voice And Orange And White Lights

Real Ghost Stories

A Voice And Orange And White Lights

 

These chain of events happened early morning in the space of an hour in my own home!

I had a friend stay over my house last week (Kate), and we were both sleeping on the living room floor. I woke up at 5am and went to the downstairs toilet to get some tissue paper for my nose (I have a cold), I went into the toilet and turned the light on and I left the door slightly ajar since I was going to go back out straight away, as I was getting the toilet tissue I heard a man say "Hello?!", it was quiet but demanding and very husky, and it sounded like it was coming directly outside the door. I was startled but at first and for a second I thought it was one of my brothers or my dad, since almost all of my family suffers from insomnia, but none of them sound anything like that. I replied "...Hello?" but no-one answered.

I went outside of the toilet and looked in the hallway, the study (which is right next to the toilet), and the kitchen which is opposite, there was no-one there. If the 'person' went anywhere in the house, upstairs or down, I would've heard them since the wood floor creaked and the stairs creaked as well, and they would've past me if they tried to go anywhere else. I was a bit frightened but I went back to the living room and tried to go to sleep. The next thing that happened made me think I was crazy.

As I was lying on the floor, I looked at the wall in front of me about 3 metres away. On the wall a small bright orange light came out of the wall moved fairly slowly about 30cm to the right and went back into the wall. A few seconds after that three larger but dimmer white lights appeared on the ceiling and travelled more quickly than the orange light, and went into the wall one after the other.

Shortly after that I felt totally scared, my legs became paralyzed and I had trouble breathing which was most likely due to being so frightened. I had an overwhelming strong feeling that a man was standing at the bottom of my make-shift bed.

Again, something weird happened. I kept hearing a beeping sound, for ages and ages as I lay in the 'bed' trying to get to sleep, it was like that of a heart monitor but it wasn't a constant equal pace, it kind of stopped for a split second and then carried on, or it just went out of pace for a bit. It wasn't anything like the sound the dishwasher makes when it's finished cycling, it definitely sounded like a heart monitor.

When I heard my dad's alarm clock go off at 6am I went upstairs and waited for him to come out of his room and leave for work, when he did I sat on my mum's bed and then went to sleep in my brothers bed (he was staying at a friend's house that night so it was empty), but I was too cold to go to sleep, even though everyone else had no trouble sleeping at all.

These whole chain of events happened within an hour. My grandfather died a couple of years ago of lung cancer which was completely out of the blue and ended up spending his last few weeks in a hospital bed, he was getting better but suddenly he just died. I never got to see him when he was in hospital, sometimes I think it would be best since I don't have a picture in my head of him like that.

Every now and again the whole room stinks of tobacco but not like someone in the room is smoking it; it's so strong and overwhelming. Sometimes it's a little freaky but it's soothing at the same time, I'm completely convinced that he checks up on me and my auntie (his daughter) every now and again, and I've always believed in ghosts and I believe I saw them every single night in my old house when I was younger but I don't know if I should blame it on an over-active imagination.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Vikki

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vikki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

unkown12 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
You story was very very interesting to read thank you for posting and like other people have said you are gifted! 😁
KelleVamp (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Very lucky to have this experience, I wish some of my family would visit me after their death!
I too love the smells!
indie_aspen (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Wow, totally cool story. Fun to read, and I love the smells some ghosts and other spirits can bring. Not the rotting meat smell though... Tobacco, yes!
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
The smell from tobacco lingers for a long time. The odor can get trapped in the furniture's upholstery, the drapes, even seldom used closets tend to hold that smell. If sunlight hits wood floors it will also release the smell, especially if people smoked over the years there. Just a little tidbit from a former smoker.
Vikki (4 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Tonith, I know I was definetely awake because I spoke to my dad when he came out of his room to get me a glass of orange juice because I was really thirsty:P
Vikki (4 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
My auntie (Linda) and my nan has smelt it too, when we were at my nans house (my grandfathers widow) we were sitting in the living room, and Linda was sitting on the part of the sofa that my grandfather always sat in, an unbelievably strong smell of tobacco just came out of no-where but stayed in that area, I was sitting on the other side of the sofa a metre away but I didn't smell it, but then when I moved where Linda was I could smell it too. She got so annoyed by it by now (she smells it every so often too) she sprayed Oust (air freshner) in the room but the smell still lingered for another few minutes.

It could be that it's just come back, this is my first sort-of 'proper' experience, I smell tobacco from time to time, it's kind of like the smell that you would smell if you were INSIDE a cigar... If that makes ANY sense what-so-ever, and I'm convinced it's my grandfather, I sometimes see a man standing in the corner of my eye but that again could just be blamed on my eyesight. I don't really know if I can trust my 'ghost' experiences when I was younger when I lived in my old house because I was so young, but my auntie who's always been sensitive to these things always said that she had a strange feeling about that house.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
Sounds like you could be sensitive, or you weren't fully awake for either episode. I have a set rule about things that happen while half asleep or in bed as being questionable at best. You said you were sensitive as a child. It's possible at this time in your life the sensitivity is back. Did anyone but you ever smell the tobacco smell? The fact that you were also cold is a condition that happens to some people when they are in the presence of a spirit. Its like the spirit drains you of your bodily warmth to manifest itself. Your story sounds very sincere and if you have this gift I hope you use it wisely.
SpiritMagnet (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
You are very lucky to have had this experience. I have had a lot of experience with spirits over the years myself, but the one person who passed that I wish would come visit me (my Aunt passed a year ago this past November) does not. Your haunting is a blessing and I think it's wonderful that you appreciate it. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: