You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Few Recent Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Recent Happenings

 

So I'll write a few recent things that have happened to me the past few months.

I sometimes go on the cross trainer in the evening which is located in the garage, it's not very scary, it's quite big with a few boxes around the side but I've never had anything "happen" there. Sometimes when I'm listening to music with my earphones in and on the cross trainer, I sometimes hear a faint talking but I don't interpretate as ghost voices because it could be someone outside. But this really freaked me out...

I was on the cross trainer one evening when I stopped and remembered my brother had a large ammonite fossil, I hadn't seen it in 4 years since we moved house and it had been in the garage ever since, I had tried to look for it before but the garage was just too cluttered. So I got off the cross trainer, took out my earphones and started looking for it, I started looking in a box on top of some old furniture in the middle of the garage, it wasn't in there so I started looking towards the left side of the garage I muttered to myself "This isn't funny...", and when I turned around I automatically did a sharp intake of breath.

The fossil was very clearly on top of the box which was on the old piece of furniture which I looked in a few minutes earlier, I wasn't in a rush and overlooked things, and I was very calm and slowly searching.

Another day I was in the shower when I felt something quite deliberately stand on my left foot, it was fairly long, it didn't hurt but something had definitely put pressure on my foot, after I wiped the shampoo from my face, I opened my eyes and nothing was there.

Last weekend I had a friend stay overnight, I washed the spare duvet and pillow case and put them in the tumble drier. The utility room where the tumble drier is in is in between the kitchen, the study and near the downstairs toilet, all on the West side of the house where a lot of strange things happen (see my other stories).

So I set the tumble drier at 70 degrees C, yes it's very hot but I automatically turn the dial so it would be vertical at a '6 o clock' position if you looked at it from that point of view. I walked back into the study where my friend was and a while later I remembered the duvet so I walked back into the utility room, immediately my eyes focused on the dial which was set at 30 degrees C and was at the '9 o clock' position if it were a clock hand. When I took out the duvet and the cover they were boiling hot, and they would've certainly caught fire if the temperature hadn't been set lower.

I tried to think of excuses but the tumble drier isn't one of those ones where they automatically change temperature according to the dampness of clothes, and there was no-one else in the house apart from myself, my friend and my brother who was asleep upstairs all night (my parents were on holiday).

Other hauntings by Vikki

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vikki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Liverpoolsearcher (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Vikki, may I begin by complimenting you on your fabulous use of language and punctuation.
It's rare to see the English language used so well by one so young, so please keep posting your stories!
Secondly, the content is also good. I feel you have a future in writing ahead of you, should you be so inclined.
Thanks!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
It's possible that the thermostat on the dryer is going bad. When that happens either things will not be dried at all or the element will be overheating. Now this does not account for the dial changing. My dryer will count down the time but not the setting it's set at. I don't know about the fossil being seen when normally you would have had to search for it. Maybe you do have a ghost. I know some appliances can sound like there is conversation going on when in use. My microwave is like that and my hairdryer. I think its the frequencey of the sound, nothing more.
jakester913 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
thats a cool story 😁!Im pretty sure that the ghost or whatever it was is a good ghost. I don't think it hid the fossil from you but put it there so you would go back and look again. Also it might have saved your life scine it turned the temperature lower instead of letting your house burn down.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. God bless you. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: