You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Jerry's Brother And Jerry's Possible Real Name

Real Ghost Stories

Jerry's Brother And Jerry's Possible Real Name

 

All right, it's me CenterCore again; it's been a long, long time for me posting anything here. But I have a recent experience I must share. Well, a couple actually. If you're unfamiliar with my experiences simply click my username to be taken to my profile where you can see my other stories.

It's been well over a year for me having anything post-worthy. I've been relocating, and being very busy with life. Anyway...

I'm here in a new house, but in Denver, CO, only about 30 - 45 minutes from my hometown where all my past experiences have taken place. The last house I lived, with my mother (which has since been sold and she's moved out of state) was where the most "Jerry" activity took place. Well, recently, here, I've begun having a few run-ins with the little freak like old times. Only this time, he's not alone.

First, however, let me backtrack and give another little bit of info I never spoke of because it slipped my mind until not long ago...

In my hometown, every year, there is an event known as the Art Fest. Artists come, sell their work, blah blah blah. But my parents, when I was a young child, had a framed picture advertisement for this event. They've had it since I was at least 4 or 5. This picture was not normal. What was the main portion wasn't important, but at the top, two rows of black checker tiles ran across, four of which having a small picture of William Shakespeare. My parents kept it hung by a corner window at our old house I grew up in (where my first Jerry encounter happened) Creepy? No. But this is.

My parents eventually moved this picture to the head of the stairs leading down to the basement (a place that ALWAYS gave me the creeps when I was there alone as a kid). This is where things got weird. In fact, when I think about it, it was only when this picture was hung there that I got creeped out in the basement...

Every other time I would look at this picture, something would be different with the Shakespeare images. Sometimes there'd only be one. Sometimes there'd be an extra, demonic-looking face in one of the black squares. Sometimes they'd all be gone. That NEVER happened when the picture was hung by the window. What was it about the basement? Was there some sort of evil energy down there that manifested itself through the picture and was able to move about more freely when it was close by?

We had two dogs back then too. BOTH dogs, on many occasions, broke out into a terrified whimper looking at the basement door. NOTHING was wrong, but EVERY time they did this was when that picture was hung there. What it was about that picture, I have no clue. I remember one of our dogs being asleep in the family room; peaceful, happy, content; all of a sudden, she simply jumped up as if awakening from a nightmare, glared at the basement door (which was closed) and simply began growling at it. She didn't even get close; just sat there, growling at it. She did that for what seemed like two whole minutes before finally sneaking past it to leave the room.

But back to the subject, that picture came up before my mother left the state when she was cleaning the house out. This was a while back now, but I remember stumbling upon that picture, and INSTANTLY getting the CREEPIEST feeling you could ever imagine. Just this spontaneous feeling of true, utter fear. I couldn't even look at it. What is the deal with that picture? I may never know, because it's with my mother now, but I told her and she said she wants to get rid of it now. I may never know what that was all about.

But ever since then, I've been having nightmares, all of which revolve around Jerry, and now, this other male figure who seems to be working in conjunction with him now. I've NEVER seen this other entity before. But he's several inches shorter than Jerry, a little heavier, and with short hair. Jerry is apparently clean-shaven, tall, scrawny, and wears a tank top and camo pants. This other figure, I can only tell, wears a t-shirt and baggy jeans. I can't make out anything else.

But it's not just dreams, either. Not only have they begun manifesting in my dreams, but the other night I awoke to see both of them standing at the foot of my bed. There's a dim nightlight across from me in the room, so all I could see was their silhouettes. They were motionless until seconds later; both of them took off at what seemed like mach speed, to either side of my bed. I moved my head quickly, and when my eyes adjusted, there was no one else in the room.

So, last but not least, there was this little revelation the other day, AFTER that night; I was sitting here, doing whatever... I don't even remember what... But whatever I was doing, I for some reason typed the name "Miguel"... Something on Wikipedia, I don't know; that's not the important part. The MOMENT I typed "Miguel" (and of course it won't happen NOW) I heard that all-too-familiar cough. I froze. I typed it again. THAT time I heard a creak in the hallway, like someone walking out there. I hadn't heard anyone come up the stairs (my father and his girlfriend were here) and you can hear people WELL when they step up the stairs.

I spoke the word "Miguel" out loud. And instantly I got a chill up my spine. I mean like a CHILL, of fear, not of being cold. Then I felt this presence literally RIGHT BEHIND ME, like, within touching distance. I turned to look, saw nothing, but heard almost this little breeze; like this subtle wind blowing in the room. Needless to say, I did not say the word "Miguel" again. Whatever that was all about, I have no clue. Could that be Jerry's name?

All I can say is, I'm still at a loss. Every time I think I've got this whole ugly episode figured out, something even stranger happens. Who this other entity is now, I have no clue whatsoever. I have NEVER seen these two people in my life, except haunting me in my own home from whatever hell they come from. I haven't seen a face on either one (well, I've seen Jerry's one time, but not this other guy's). This other guy, let's call Bobby.

So there we have it. I'm once again being harassed, after a year of thinking I was finally free of all this. Anyone got any suggestions? Talking to Jerry/Miguel has no effect. Just makes him worse. But I don't know about the other one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CenterCore, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bm77136 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-17)
Have you considered that Miguel may not be Jerry's real name, but have some other significance to him and why he's bothering you? I love your stories by the way.
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
wow...a picture. Hmmm... I believe you 100% because ever since I was 4 my mom kept this huge painting in our living room. And we still have it now. Well, every few weeks I would have a dream about me being in the picture then I would see a scary girl in my dreams that would wake me up and like 3 times I saw her on my ceiling staring at me. It all stopped though. I prayed. 😳 ❤
In_All_Honesty (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
CenterCore yours stories are very interesting... Do they still happen since you wrote them? Your experience is weird and unbelievable, but they are all good story... I enjoyed reading them all

In All Honesty 😉
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
I just have to say that while reading all of your stories I kept getting this feeling that Jerry/Miguel was military. Even before you described his clothing and haircut. I also get this feeling that he may be of latin/mexican decent. I don't know why I feel that way but I do. Like I said before, you may have known Jerry in a past life. Maybe ya'll were in the military together? I don't know. Just an idea and thought you would like to know what I dept feeling throughout all of these stories. ❤
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
wow, sounds like your having a tough time with all this, I certainly wouldn't know what to do so I'm at a loss for advice.
The picture thing was really creepy, I had a doll that seemed to do a similar thing (change faces ect) but to be fair it was probably my imagination, those things are creepy enough to begin with
Take care, I hope you get some answers soon
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
Centercore: It's not because you don't practice religion. If that was the cause, a lot more people would have these problems.
And I think your onto something Miguel. Hopefully this will lead to some answers. I'm thinking you should look through records of your childhood home if posisible. Maybe you'll find something connected to a Miguel?
Best of luck.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
And I'm now 100% certain one of these two is named Miguel, because tonight I did a little test; I listed off every name I could think of; John, Jeff, Fred, Mike, Tom, Paul, and so on, and every once in a while, I'd blurt out "MIGUEL", and not ONCE did I fail to get a reaction of some kind. Either a weird rumbling, like thunder, or a whisper, or the sheets would move. Always something. I'm convinced I've stumbled upon a clue, here.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-22)
Hey folks, thank you all very much for your comments. Lioncat, I appreciate the support on the other stories too.
Speaking of one of your posts, I have attempted to talk to Jerry before, and in fact this brings up another memory. I don't remember exactly when this was, but it was at the old house I grew up in. I was in my bathroom (which was one long room linking my bedroom to the guest room) and I heard the cough, and started telling him to go away. He mimicked every word I said until I fled back downstairs. I'd say, "WHO THE #$%^% ARE YOU?!" Jerry would mimick me. "GET OUT!" "YOU DON'T BELONG HERE!" That's something I totally forgot about. But it was the only time I've ever heard speech from this entity. It was like my voice, only a mocking version. Very strange.
Anyway, Jmak, very interesting inquiry; no, I honestly can't say I have anything that he might have attached himself to. The only things I didn't bring with me out of state were some books and a computer game, but those I've gotten since Jerry first appeared. Hmmm... I'll have to explore those possibilities and see if I can find anything he might have some connection to.
Hello RandomGuy, good suggestion; this new "guy" might have been here to begin with. Not sure if you read it but in my story where I talked about seeing Jerry's face, I mention that he was standing among a group of other pale, dead-eyed men just like him. So I have a feeling he's got more allies than just this other spirit.
As far as my religious beliefs, I have many, but I've never been to church once in my whole life and I've never read the bible, but that could very well be the reason for my hauntings. Maybe it's because I don't practice any religion.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
Very, very intresting, Centercore. Maybe there was a spirit in this new apartment and he and Jerry joined forces? I couldn't tell you, but that is extremly freaky.
I'm going to go with KimSouthO and say get some crosses and hang them up. Memorize some bible verses, maybe get the house blessed, the normal. You might not be religious but if you haven't tried it what's there to lose.
Keep us updated as things keep happening.
Stay safe and be careful.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
That is strange. Do you by any chance have anything i.e. Toy, jewelry, furniture, ect. From the times when your experiences with jerry first started. It would be something that you didn't take with you when you were out of state; I just curious to see if maybe jerry is attached to something you have and not you. I believe if he is attached to you then he would have followed you out of state. I also believe that jerry means you no harm since neither you or any of your family members have been harmed by him, just supprised. Again please do keep us updated. God bless.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
That is a scary and great story! I wonder why strange things like this happen. Well just be careful. Good job with the story.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Another thing some people have wondered about is, "Is Jerry his real name?" No, Jerry is just the first name that came to mind one day when telling people here about my experience and from there I started calling him "Jerry". But apparently I struck upon his real name now. Regardless, I like Jerry better. Lol
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
No problem. Actually, no, and very good questions by the way. These entities have never once laid a hand on me, and to the best of my knowledge, no one amongst my family or friends have ever once seen this "Jerry" or the other one. I lived in the same house for fourteen years, and that's where my hauntings took place. During my childhood, it was all a nightmare for me. Then I hit 8th grade, I think it was around the end of that year, I first saw Jerry while in sleep paralysis. I kept seeing him and getting weird calls on my phone, with phone numbers like, "9", and "34654-74537345-7845735" and other things like that. I'd get bizarre messages left on the recorder, but they wouldn't stay, it's like something deleted them immediately after they were left.
Then we moved when I was 15 and Jerry followed me. Now, our house before that was built just for us. Nobody lived there before us. But we moved to a townhouse when I was 15, and continued seeing Jerry and experiencing the strangest of things.
That picture is the only item we have that retains a trace of this evil energy, if that's what it is. I know nothing about that land or anything that took place there before our house was built. I also have no photographic evidence of anything, which bothers me to no end; I can't prove any of these things.
So I think you may very well be right; I think Jerry and his new friend are connected directly to me, somehow. Lingering spirits usually remain in the area they died, but this bizarre phenomenon does not leave me. It stays with me, however for a year I was out of state, and nothing happened. Now I'm back, and things have started up again. It could be that Jerry can only travel a certain distance, but that seems rather odd to me. I don't know what to make of things but it troubles me that this has started up again. I'm sure I'll have plenty more things to share as time goes on. If they did this once, they're sure to do it again.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Thanks for clearing that up for me 😊. So all the activity has been an ongoing thing? Was this spirit/entity always been around then? Do you know any of the history of the house/land where all this started? I'm sorry to say but it sounds like this/these spirits/entities are somehow attached to you or something that you have kept since this spirit/entity first made its presence known to you. Can you remember if you still have anything from the time the experiences first started? Have they, the spirits, harmed you or anyone else in the family? Please keep us updated. God bless.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
Hey Jmak,
No, not necessarily, I had totally forgotten about that picture. Keep in mind; before that, the last time I had seen it was when I was about 10. Think of all the experiences I had AFTER it was packed away. I'm just saying maybe when my mother took the picture back out, it somehow reawakened the evil energy around me. That may not even be it; possibly it was just a coincidence. Luckily, that picture is now gone from my life, halfway across the country. I hope I never have to see it again, because you KNOW there's something wrong going on when you walk past a picture and see a devil in it grinning at you that wasn't there the last time you saw it.
And Izanne, yes, I have definitely given thought to that possibility. I just assumed because I heard Jerry's cough, and I seemed to get a genuine reaction from him after saying the name (which I'm not even going to type because I don't want to stir things up again) it must have something to do with him.
As for that picture, I really think some sort of evil energy in the house was using it as some sort of gateway to try to emerge through. My fears in that old house came from my parents' room, the guest room, and the basement. I'll never understand the whole thing, I just give the facts as I remember them.
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-20)
don't you think miguel could be the other one's name? I was just wondering about that...
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
So your saying the the entire year of inactivity was because the picture was packed away? How long after the picture was packed away did the experiences end? I'm sorry for my confusion but did the experiences start after you parents got the picture or after they moved it by the basement doorway? It sounds to me like they are not so much attached to the picture but they seem to be attached to you. I would strongly suggest that you take measures to get yourself blessed and get your house blessed too. Please keep us updated. God bless.
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Yes, I wish I had been older, that way my parents would have believed me about it. But being a little kid, I never felt they would trust my words. They didn't even believe me one time telling them there was a squirrel in my room.
But Jerry has NEVER done that before. And I wasn't in sleep paralysis either. I could see and sense him and his counterpart just like any other people. It scared me, unlike ever before, because not only do they manifest in my dreams, but this encounter seemed far more hostile than any in previous times.
I will definitely do my best to keep letting them both know that they are not welcome. I won't allow them to continue bothering me. Thank you both, and I will be sure to update as soon as possible. I just don't know if me coming in contact with that picture again somehow reactivated their presence in some way, or if they have something to do with it.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I'll back up KimS's feeling that this/these enties need to be looked into and possibly dealt with BEFORE they gain any more strength and/or numbers. If they've come back once, they will probably keep returning until they've done what they want or you chase them away.

As to the picture, it's entirly possible something has attached itself to it. Spirits haunting objects are not unheard of, but spirits gaining power near a location & being tied to an object is rarer. If there is something tied to the picture, it was probably feeding off the ambient emotions around (IE: fear the basement may have given someone). Specially if it was in fact truely altering the picture's contents. Sounds utterly creepy and I would have destroyed something like that LONG ago.

Good luck and take care.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
Have you tried praying and telling them to leave in the name of the Lord. Place a cross in each room of your home, especially the bedrooms. Let them know they are not welcome there is the name of the Lord and the Holy Ghost.

You must take the fear back so they do not have control, you do.

If this advice does not fit in with your beliefs, I would highly recommend seeking spiritual guidance tha does fit with your beliefs.

My concern is you have this dry period where nothing happened, then ths Jerry' shows up, but not alone, To much freedom and comfort there for my taste, and it certainly seems if they have not come to play Monopoly.

Keep us posted,

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: