You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Possible Airbnb Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Airbnb Ghost?

 

This incident happened just this morning (6-9-2024) around 6. I really don't know if it was anything paranormal, but it sure was awfully strange...

This is going to be pretty lengthy and the story itself isn't "scary", so I just wanted to clarify this first before you proceed.

This weekend my father and I took a trip to Deerfield Beach, Florida for a family event on Saturday.

We were given an Airbnb that was initially booked by an uncle in law, but he decided to stay somewhere else and gave the room to us. His wife (my aunt) actually stayed in this particular Airbnb one time before, but on the opposite side - as it is a ranch style duplex home.

When my father and I first arrived late Friday evening we checked out the place and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, so we proceeded to bring in our luggage.

The house had an open plan. As soon as you walk in you are immediately in the living room and a little past that is the kitchen area. Off to the right side of the living room are two bedrooms, a bathroom and what look like two small closet doors. One of the bedrooms is on the right side of the hall and opposite to that on the left side is the other bedroom. The bathroom is on the left side of the hall and immediately after that is one of the bedrooms that I just mentioned. The bathroom and this bedroom has a door between them, so you can actually open this door and immediately walk in between them - Remember the details about this bedroom and the bathroom as they will be important later on.

The room I chose was a back bedroom and the smallest of the three. It was further past the kitchen area but it was right next to the door that leads to the back yard and the room itself had a window view directly into the backyard. There is a jacuzzi and a little patio area in the backyard, but we never ended up going back there.

My father had initially chosen one of the front bedrooms on the left (the one that will be mentioned later) but he didn't trust sleeping in the bed, so he just decided to sleep on one of the long couches in the living room.

During our entire stay everything was pretty chill and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Long story short, after the family event Saturday, my father and I went out to a restaurant then came back later on that night.

It was sometime after 10pm when we got back, but he told me that one of my uncles and his daughter was coming over to visit for a bit. I was so sleepy that I pretty much knocked out instantly. I didn't even get a chance to see them when they came over.

I woke up some time after 4 going on 5am. I laid in bed for a while then shortly after I started browsing my phone.

After about an hour I had to use the bathroom. I got up and while I was walking through the kitchen area I noticed that my dad was knocked out heavy on the couch, I did my business, then went back to bed and starting browsing my phone again. I haven't heard any noise or any sign of my father being up.

About an hour later I had to use the bathroom again. As I walked out of my room and into the kitchen area I immediately saw a light shining so I thought I left the bathroom light on, but when I went around the corner I saw that the back bedroom light is on! At first I was like "WTF?"

My father was still on the couch in the living room knocked out cold, snoring as loud as can be so I know he was in a deep sleep.

I know my uncle and his daughter came by last night so at first I thought maybe they spent the night? I looked in the room that the light was on in as well as the one immediately across from it and noticed no one is in there. I immediately found this strange and I was a bit confused.

I already had my phone in hand so I took a video of it for evidence.

I then reluctantly tried to wake my father up. He was in a deep sleep and snoring loudly, so I hated to even bother him, but I just HAD to know why that light was on.

I started lightly tapping on his hand. Around this exact same time I thought I heard a very light and faint hum-like sound coming from that bedroom, and it sounded like a female voice. I immediately got startled but I tried to rationalize it as me already being on high alert. It was also around this same time that I noticed that it was ice cold in that whole area, and I'm already familiar with that feeling due to past experiences. The AC was running at the time but it was just a very eerie feeling in the atmosphere. Again, I tried to attribute it to the fact that I was already slightly on edge and tried not to assume anything paranormal. Nonetheless that light was on for some reason.

My father finally woke up. I told him "Hey dad, I didn't mean to wake you up, but why is that light on in the room?" He was completely out of it and said that he might have gotten up and just forgot he left the light on. He promptly went back to sleep.

As out of it as he was, I know for a fact that he hadn't been up any time recently. In fact, I would've at least heard someone moving around in the house on these tile floors and given the fact that it's pretty much an open plan setup.

I walked over to the room and tried to turn off the light by the two pad switches I saw but neither worked. I saw the remote control for the light and fan so I had to use that to turn off the light... Which made that even more strange.

I was completely weirded out by this and didn't know what to think. I went back to my room and just tried to get it out of my mind. By this time it was already daybreak and the sun was slightly out.

I laid there for a while, eventually getting sleepy. Before dozing off I went back out to check on things and saw that the light hadn't come back on. But there was this undeniably cold sensation throughout that part of the house. I checked all of the rooms in that area and saw nothing so I went back to my room.

When I got slightly past the kitchen area I felt an eerie sensation, but again, I attributed that to just already being on edge so I tried not to entertain it.

I eventually settled down and dozed off...

I awakened sometime maybe two hours later. When I woke up I promptly checked the house again. I noticed it was still ice cold and my father was still asleep.

He awakened maybe after another hour as I heard him go to the bathroom and start showering. After he came out we greeted each other and I began to tell him about the whole scenario. It was around this time I noticed that the ice cold sensation had finally gone. We talked about it and he said that he might have gotten up and just forgot he left the light on, but he couldn't remember doing it.

We had to check out by 11 so we started getting our things prepared. The remaining time we were there passed by without incident, thankfully.

I really and truly don't know what to make of what happened, but it was pretty strange...

This is a link to the short video that I recorded showing the incident: https://youtube.com/shorts/TAbCbbv5DPo?si=wYR1xlZH3pc7Bhio

Other hauntings by Dee-J

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dee-J, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dee-J (13 stories) (75 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-12)
Rajine - Yea for real! It's definitely crazy how it all happened...

I mean... The light was off the whole time. I got up and used the bathroom a little after I woke up. A whole hour passes by before I had to use the bathroom again, so why all of a sudden this light is on now? If it was some random electrical malfunction in the light, it had all the time beforehand to randomly turn on and could've been on the whole night.

It definitely points to the reasoning that something was lurking around the first time, saw that I was up and decided to mess with me.

It does seem as if it chose "ME" for some reason and not my father.
Rajine (14 stories) (841 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-12)
Hi Dee-J

Most definitely, perhaps for some cosmic reason it revealed itself to you, whatever that may be, but luckily nothing bad happened.
Dee-J (13 stories) (75 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-11)
Rajine - I was thinking along those same lines for the same reason.

Whatever it was, I hope it was just passing through and had no other intentions.

It definitely wanted to either play a prank or make its presence known though.

I think if it was malevolent there would've been more activity.
Rajine (14 stories) (841 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-11)
It maybe could have been a passing, random spirit that could have followed your'll and the reason why I think this is, the other days you were there nothing out of the ordinary happened.
Dee-J (13 stories) (75 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-11)
I have to say that there are some slight details that I intentionally left out because I didn't know if it was all just my mind running away with me or if it was actually something to it.

But the part in the story where I mentioned that when I was walking past the kitchen area heading to my room, the "eerie sensation " that I mentioned was also coupled with the feeling of being followed.

And when I got in the bedroom the fear was so strong that I felt like whatever it was went into the bedroom with me, and it's like I could "hear" silent shouts imprinted in my mind saying something like "I don't want you here". But the sensation didn't last but a few minutes.

There was a little LED lamp that I had on the entire time during my stay during the night time, otherwise the room would've been too dark as small as it was and despite it having a window.

As I was laying there trying to doze off I was kind of expecting something creepy to happen, like this light also turning off by itself or something but it never did.

Again, the reason why I omitted these smaller details was because I was already on edge and I know that fear can sometimes cause you to think things that aren't actually there.

I wanted to present this incident as rational as possible without trying to sensationalize anything.
Dee-J (13 stories) (75 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-11)
RCRuskin- Greetings! How are you doing?

I am glad that I already had my phone in hand at the time, as I was originally headed to the bathroom (I just have a weird habit of always taking my phone to the bathroom with me)

I started recording while I was standing at the door. The dark parts were as I was walking away from the room, dkwn the short hall (you could probably see a short piece of the bathroom in the video) and into the living room where my father was.

The very last part in the video shows me turning around from standing next to the couch where my father was sleeping to look back at the room.

It was at this point where I was going to attempt to wake him up and also right before I started hearing that female voice-like sound coming from the room. That sound was so faint that I wasn't even sure if I had actually heard it or if it was just my ears playing tricks on me.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (837 posts)
 
1 month ago (2024-06-11)
Thanks for sharing the video. It helps. It is also kind of dark in spots so hard for me to see.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: