You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Brother's Ghost Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother's Ghost Story

 

I have three brothers, and one of them has this kind of terrifying story that I've always heard about from my family growing up. Looking back on it it's kind of funny now I've talked to the mother of one of these spirits.

One night my family decided to go out for like half an hour and he was probably a teen back then and I think he was sick that's why he stayed at home while everyone went out. When my family got home, he was apparently crying and begging them not to leave him in the house alone again because a spirit decided to scare him by turning the lights on and off while they were all out.

It happened before I was born that's why I always heard about it from my mum when we would talk about ghosts. He's terrified of them now but I'm pretty sure it was a child spirit scaring him for fun because like I've said in previous posts I've talked to the mother who died in the house and she has told me her children used to hang around and scare us on purpose because they were bored and thought it was hilarious.

His wife loves how scared he is of them, like my mum asked him if he wanted to go ghost hunting with me and he instantly stopped talking and looked scared. I won't be surprised if the spirit decided to follow him to his home with his wife and son because they have told us that they sometimes hear a little knock on their bedroom door at night and it's not their son or their dog, nothing's there when they go to check it out.

I hope you enjoyed the stories!:)

Other hauntings by occulting_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, occulting_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-16)
Wow! Sounds like they are there to stay! I'm surprised to hear the mom is glad he's scared of them? 😲 Wonder it they did follow him? I've been followed too. Great story, thanks for sharing.
occulting_ (5 stories) (27 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-13)
Hiya [at] Rajine!

I don't think they are malevolent at all, I just think at the time we were all terrified because we didn't know what it was or what was happening, it's not exactly normal the stuff that happened. Personally, I don't know why they were hanging around, I've started to believe in this theory that Spirits are never bound to one particular place and they can go pretty much wherever they want and they can interact with you but then Ghosts don't realise you are there and they probably still think they're alive and I think the children were probably Ghosts because I've never interacted with them before it was always them scaring me and my family never actual intelligent communication like I've had with their mother and I try to actively reach out and give spirits that are around me a chance to communicate with me if they want to and I have never spoken to the children before, there's been no scaring us anymore apart from what's happening at my brothers house with his family but we're not sure exactly what that is and probably never will.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-12)
Hi occulting_

I wonder why these spirits are still around, did anyone try to find out if they have any unfinished business. From this experience it does not seem like they are malevolent.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: