You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Meditation Amongst Other Things

Real Ghost Stories

Meditation Amongst Other Things

 

As a general rule of thumb, I try to keep a bit of skepticism at the back of my mind. Any of you, who keep up with my comments will know that. But I do try to keep an open mind about things. I have a new short story for you today...

After I moved out of my mother's home, I moved to Oklahoma with a friend. That right there solved all the problems I was having involving the spirits at my mother's house. Either bound there for one reason or another, they didn't follow me.

Early in 2005 I started to get into meditation and started to practice grounding and shielding. Not only did meditation give me a chance to catch up and think about the day's events, but it generally left me feeling very refreshed.

Around this time, I started reading about astral projection and how it is done, basic technique and ideas and concerns about it. After thinking about it for awhile I started to try this myself. For the longest time, I was met with no success at all.

Finally one night I was sitting on the floor, once again trying to successfully astral project. I can't tell you exactly at what point I felt like this, but the area around me began to feel very fuzzy and it felt as though I was actually being lifted or picked up. The next thing I knew, I was seeing the inside of my apartment, from another perspective, away from my body. I could clearly see my body still sitting quietly on the floor, cross legged.

Suddenly my roommate came storming into the apartment and slammed the door behind him, he was in an obvious huff about some work related issue. He had taken me by great surprise and made me jump. The next thing I realized, I was sent slamming back down to the ground. I was very upset, believing that I have experienced a genuine astral projection.

Unfortunately, it seems along with intense meditating, my senses were starting to become more developed and keen to other things around me. And I wasn't necessarily interested in that. I recall more than one time hearing whispering - unintelligible but still quite unsettling. I quickly dropped meditation after that.

Was I sleeping? Did I really experience what I thought I had? I believe I did, but that is still up for debate. Does this even fit under Ghost Stories? I had to ask myself the same thing and I came to the conclusion that what else could your astral self be, besides a spiritual alteration of you? Which begs the question, if you somehow became trapped while astral projecting, what happens to you?

Other hauntings by kuehnau

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kuehnau, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kumarainstitute (1 posts)
-3
2 years ago (2022-05-04)
Very interesting story, liked it.
Https://www.kumarainstitute.com/kind-heart-sangha/
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
Hi,

Astral body is connected by a cord to your physcal body and that cord can be cut at the time of death (when the death comes only) and until that time nobody can cut the cord which means you'll come back to the body. Staying in astral is really hard and when you think of your body one will snap back in to the body. Since I teach yoga and meditation I know this. When you meditate also you astral project and everyday one astral projects at night when one falls asleep and then comesback to the body. If anyone is geniounly interested in meditation can contact me. Thank you.
eekamouse (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
You make a very interesting point at the end of your story. How would you get trapped when your out of body? Are all these people who see themselves during a surgery or similar situation astro projecting or are they ghost if only for a moment or two. Hmmmmmmm Not many people can do this to me but you really got me thinking. Lol
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
hmm...i think misc is the word I would use... But yea its paranormal...
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Well you right, it was published. I guess meditation does fit under ghost stories or rather 'misc'?
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
lol its good story all right I would love to float out of my body too =p but not at the cost of being to look at ghosts 😨 but I agree that there are no ghosts on this just like ghostmagnet but it IS a paranormal experience so I can't argua about that 😁
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Well did you read the whole thing? I made a comment at the end of the story exactly for the reason you asked. Must have been good enough for the site, they published it.
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
It must have been a beautiful experience but I agree with ghostmagnet, where's the connection with ghost stories?
gHosTmAgneT_03 (4 stories) (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
i find your story quite interesting... But what's the relation with ghosts?... Hehe... 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-06)
You just been experience of out of body... That a interest story I like it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: