You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Home Sweet Home

Real Ghost Stories

Home Sweet Home

 

Here is the background... My parents have lived in the same house for 32 years. They are the second owners, the man who built the home for his family also died (in the house) of Lou Geriggs Disease.

I am 30 years old and have had unexplained experiences as far back as I can remember. One that really sticks out was an apparition that my younger sister and I witnessed pacing back and forth in our bedroom. He was maybe 60 years old and wearing a gray suit. He kept walking over to look out the window. I was about 12 and my sister was 8. We both were paralyzed in fear and arguing about who was going to get out of bed and turn on the light. Eventually I got up and as soon as I did he was gone. That was the only time anyone has actually seen an apparition.

Another experience in this same room, a couple years prior, was just as scary... I was lying in bed facing the door to a little balcony. I suddenly got this overwhelming feeling of dread as I stared at the closed shade covering the window. I felt like there was someone standing on the other side of the door. It was the kind of shade that is on a spring and one tug will roll it all the way up. Just as this feeling became too much to handle the shade sprung open on its own and I got up and ran down the hall and down the stairs. I didn't stick around to see what was on the other side.

A friend and I were hanging out at my parent's house a year ago and experienced two separate unexplained occurrences. We were in the family room watching a movie and I got up and went to use the bathroom which is the next room over. I was in there for no more than 30 seconds when suddenly I felt a chill go through me. No more than 3 seconds after that, I heard my friend holler my name and a loud bang. When I walked back into the family room he looked very concerned and upset. He told me that one of the cabinet doors on the wall next to the fireplace started to open up by itself and when he hollered my name it slammed shut.

The following night this same friend and I were in the laundry room in the basement. I walked out of the room and seconds later he called for me as he had the night before. I rushed back towards the laundry room and saw one of the lights was turning on and off by itself. It stopped for about a minute before I said, "do it again" and a light in the other room that hangs over the pool table turned on and off by itself. He was terrified and wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the night.

Also, the pets in the house seem to sense something as well. My parent's dog is always following the movements of something the rest of us can't see. She does this ALOT! My cat has hissed and stood on her hind legs batting at nothing. She also has become sort of hostile towards me suddenly... Growling and hissing at me. She is a very affectionate and sweet cat normally, so I wonder if she was possessed or something.

I am pretty sure that this ghost is the man who built and died in the house. I feel like he is looking for his wife who is still alive and living a few miles away. I also think that once his wife dies the activity will stop.

I am a "sensitive" when it comes to the paranormal and can sense spirits and immediately know when I walk into a place if it is haunted. I have had experiences in numerous locations other than my parent's home. I have several Aunts who are also blessed with "psychic" abilities and a couple of them have (on separate occasions) pulled me aside and acknowledged that they "knew about my gift" without me ever telling them. It has been a blessing and a curse. I have learned to embrace it and feel empowered by it now that I am an adult. As a child I was terrorized.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, bebe78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: