You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Nanny's Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

My Nanny's Experiences

 

Just a little background, my Nanny, is my grandmother on my mom's side. She was a very mischievous, mysterious woman. Her father, a travelling southern preacher, and my great grandmother, who married him at her age of 14. My Nanny use to tell me of all their travels, but one always sticks out in my mind.

You see, back when they had a lot of hairpin roads, and not so much development, where you still had trees and bushes to park your car, so your family could sleep safely while you travelled, My Great Grandpa stopped at this one little campsite, and set up the tents. Well that night my Nanny, her two brothers, and sister, woke up to voices talking about Indians, and what was going to happen if they attacked. She said it was mostly women's voices sounding fearful, and a few men's voices calming the women's fears. Well, they woke up my great grandparents, and Great Grandpa checked around the camp with his gun to make sure there weren't any troublemakers around. They all went back to sleep when he found no one. Well, at one point in the early part of the morning, Great Grandpa woke up everyone, and packed them all up in the car, and took off. He had woken up to people talking then heard some women screaming, and at that point, decided to head out whether he could see the road or not. This is when they were heading west towards California.

My Great Grandmother, who married young, almost always resented her marriage. Her own mother had passed away from T.B. At an early age in her life. She was abusive to my Nanny, and her siblings, and tried her best to hide it from Great Grandpa. My Nanny was blessed with a gift of seeing visions. My Great grandmother use to beat her saying "Thee shall not suffer a witch to live!" Well, one night, my Nanny walked in on my great grandma, after she had just beat her, praying to the Lord to let her see her mother one last time, my Nanny ducked out and begged the Lord to let it be so, so that maybe she wouldn't beat her so much anymore. My Nanny said, that when she looked back in the room, a woman appeared to my great grandmother, the woman looked a lot like an old picture of my great great grandmother who had passed. After that the beatings weren't as often, unless my Great Grandmother found out that Nanny had a vision. Great Grandpa eventually found out, but not much was done about it. He saw the visions as a gift, unlike her, who thought she had bore a witch.

That's a few of the stories I remember, so I hoped you enjoyed at least the first one.

Other hauntings by TwistedWispersNeko

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TwistedWispersNeko, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
Wow the olden days were much different. I can't imagine anyone beating anyone for that reason these days. Good story. Hope to hear more soon. ❤ Jasmin
uanheuk (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
Nice story, I enjoyed it, I hope things go well for you and your own for as long as possible...!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: