You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Dark Cloaked Figure And Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark Cloaked Figure And Nightmares

 

Back in January of this year, 2008, my husband and I moved into our first apartment. Being a country girl, and not a big fan of the city, I was hesitant about it. He was currently looking for a new job, and I was working overnight at Super Target, so I would always go to bed, about noon, and wake up an hour before I had to go to work.

One evening, my husband came in to wake me, and he saw a dark cloaked figure in the corner, near the closet. He reached for the light, and when he looked back, it had disappeared. After I woke, he told me what he had seen was a tall cloaked figure, with a skull type face. Not to worried about, and thinking that it was just a shadow, he had seen, I went to work.

About 2 weeks later, we found out that we're going to have a baby. I was about 7 weeks along at the time. During those 2 weeks, we had a series of nightmares, his were of losing me and having to raise the baby alone, and some of losing both the baby and me.

One nightmare he had that reoccurred more often, he said he had killed me, and he couldn't understand why he had killed me, but he had to raise the baby alone, and he was so depressed about it when he told me that he was crying. I had a nightmare as to why I couldn't pick up my baby, because my hands would go right through him, and when I would walk through this house we were in, their was blood on the walls, and floor, so I couldn't understand exactly what was going on, but that it made me worry that I was going to lose the baby.

One night, again he goes to wake me up, and sees the figure standing over me, in bed. From the doorway he told me to wake up. So I sit up in bed, and I still didn't see, but I felt some thing was there. I had woken up from a nightmare earlier while I had been sleeping before work and thought some one was there, but went back to sleep, regardless.

That following morning at work, I had started cramping really bad. As soon as I got home, I called my mom, and then the doctor. The nurse at my doctor's office said I had to make an appointment, and that some one would call me within 30 minutes to have me come in, or go to the hospital.

Well, my mom called me back, and told me to put pillows under my hips, and feet, and told me to relax, calm down, and not to worry. I didn't go back to work that night, since my manager still wouldn't pull me from the heavy lifting, even though I had told him, the day I found out, that I was pregnant, he still wanted me to lift things that were way over 20 pounds. I shortly found a new job, and had quit Super Target. I had told my mom about it, and she told me to pray over both the baby and the apartment. Other than that, things would go missing, then turn up again a day or so later.

I worried for the longest time that it was after out baby. I'm not certain, but we moved in May, and we haven't had any thing bad happen. Only nightmares I get are the ones that involve snakes, and spiders, or having to raise the baby by myself, which isn't going to happen with as much concern as he has for our relationship.

But this concludes this odd occurrence in my life. I have more, but I will write about them another time.

Other hauntings by TwistedWispersNeko

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TwistedWispersNeko, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Regardless of what was seen, if it was shadows, a hooded figure or anything else--with these sightings and the nightmares, not to mention the job, I am glad you moved and quit the position. Pregnancy is stressful of its own accord without other stressors to add to it!

I do pray for your family and look forward to hearing other stories from you!

God Bless!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
I can say that pregnant women do have some strange and scary dreams! I had some weird ones while I was pregnant. I dreampt that I had the baby, but he was small like Thumbalina. I had many other strange ones like forgetting the baby places and the such. Do be careful though. Some dumb job isn't worth a life! Good luck! ❤
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
well, since we moved out, neither of us have had those dreams, or any dreams like that.

I think the 3 of you are right though. At times I wonder, but since you pointed it out, it was possibly a guardian. Nothing bad really occured after that, except from the tenants next door, but that was them being, well, them I guess.

We haven't gone back to the apartment complex, but the last time I heard about it, was on the news, about an older man being found dead in an ice cream truck, and it didn't say to much after that. Whats bad, is our neighbors were the only ones that I know of, who owned an ice cream truck, and none of them were old. It didn't follow up much on the story though, so I don't know what exactly was the cause, or story behind it though.

Thank you very much for readying my story.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hello TwistedWispersNeko,

TY for sharing your interesting story. Since you were living in an apartment, it is possible that this entity had been invited into that space by a previous occupant (or even current neighbor through the wall) by using a Ouija board or dark magic. Twenty years ago (in college) I accidentally invited an entity into my apartment at the time by using a Ouija board. The entity appeared bound to the apartment (it did not bother me outside and was active even when we weren't home to "enjoy" him) and it was able to make its presence known to all in a room without being seen (it also could manifest as a blue light if it wanted to), and it could put strong thought forms in multiple peoples mind at the same time (it woke both me and my girlfriend from dead sleep using only a powerful terror thought form, no noise or visual to startle us awake, only pure terror that lasted 30 minutes or so). Your visitor sounds like he has a lot in common with the "friend" I eventually banished after he messed with me for months. Your thing sounds like it left you alone outside your apartment, it was influencing both you and your husband's thoughts (in your case dreams) and it's influence over you ended when you moved away. As FRAWIN points out, the end affect was positive, but one can't assume that a shadow/skull apparition who's sole joy is to give your family nightmares has intentions that are 100% pure. It would be interesting to talk to the current tenants of your old apartment and see if they are sleeping soundly. If something like this happens again, ask out loud for God to protect you from all entities that were not sent by Him.

Hoochler
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hello TwistedWispersNeko. Even though this specter had a frightening appearance, I feel he was a guardian-looking out for your family's welfare. Fear can be and is often used as a behavior modification tool. Just as you as you use fear (threaten to spank, ground or take away a favorite toy) to change a child's behavior, this being was using yours and his nightmares to change the direction you were going. I'm not saying you nor him was doing anything wrong but this being KNEW that if you stayed at Super Target, that your insensitive butthead of a manager would cause you to miscarry.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi TwistedWispersNeko and thanks for sharing this interesting story with us!

Hmmm, this was a very interesting story you shared with us! It must have been scary to have dreams like that. You said that shadows were standing in your room. Are you sure its not a guardian? Its not most probably but just a thought. The confusing thing is that both you and your husband are having different dreams. That also that your husband is killing you? Why in the right mind would he want to kill you? I think you better find out the history of YOUR family and his family. Maybe there was a person in either family who didn't want or didn't have children? Thats a guess but anythings possible! Do you still have the dreams, though? Please do keep us updated! I am waiting to hear from you again!

Biemaster

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: