You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Nanny Visits My Son

Real Ghost Stories

My Nanny Visits My Son

 

It's been a long time since my last submission, and a lot has happened!

I am now mother to a beautiful 7 month old boy, and he has been attracting some unusual visitors. Since he was about 4 weeks old, my son has smiled a big cheeky grin at those he loves, and whenever I would put him on his changing mat to give him a fresh nappy, he would always stare just to the side and above my shoulder and start grinning with delight. I would quite often glance round to see if there was anything of interest, but no matter which room I was changing him in there would never be anything behind me to set off that sort of reaction.

I have been very lucky to have a baby who slept through the night from 3 weeks old! For the first couple of months, he slept in a moses basket on top of a trolley that served as his changing table and bath. When he was feeling a bit restless, I would often undo the wheel lock on this trolley and rock him gently until he fell asleep, it proved very effective. I always put the lock on before going to sleep at night. I remember waking up on several occasions in the middle of the night because I could hear the trolley creaking and rocking, but as I opened my eyes it would slow down and then come to a stop. When I closed my eyes again it would start rocking, if I got up to check on it, the lock would be off! I would often smell my Nanny's scent of lavender and cigarettes when this happened. The baby always slept blissfully through this.

I told my mum about this, and she didn't know what to suggest. I told her that I would quite often get the feeling of being watched when I was playing with the baby or rocking him to sleep, but I didn't feel threatened.

One afternoon my mum was sat on the couch with my son, and she lifted him up over her head to play aeroplanes, he wasn't overly enthused, until he saw the black and white picture of my Nanny on the shelf behind my mum's head. There are plenty of other knick-knacks and photos on that shelf, but his whole face suddenly lit up with delight and he reached for the photo, just like he did when he was looking over my shoulder whilst having his nappy changed. I suggested that maybe my Nanny had been the one making him laugh and rocking him at night. We had all said from the moment my son was born how much she would have loved to have met him, and I found comfort thinking that perhaps she had her chance even though she was taken from us 8 years ago.

I have just moved out of my rented flat into my own house, but while I was still living there about 4 weeks ago, I had sat the baby in his bouncy chair and was getting dressed for bed, when all of a sudden the dog cowered into my legs, staring fixedly at a patch on the wall. He whimpered a little, and my son suddenly burst into squeals of laughter and was kicking his legs and waving his arms about crazily, he was staring at exactly the same spot as the dog. I looked at the wall...blank, no photos or decorations there, no funky wallpaper, just plain magnolia paint and no shadow. My dog whimpered again cringed further into my legs and suddenly my stomach dropped, my eyes watered and I got a ringing noise in my ears. I was rooted to the spot but my son was still laughing and chattering away at this blank patch of wall. I felt like I couldn't look at the wall, and I was very scared. I stood there for about another 30 seconds, undecided, before reaching for my phone off the bed. I quickly text my friend

"presence in my bedroom. Olly scared, Aidan laughing at it, ignore or ask to leave?"

She text back straight away

"if you don't want it there, thank it for making Aidan laugh and nicely ask to move on hun"

I stammered "thank you very much for entertaining my son, but as you can see, I am trying to get my pyjamas on, so can you please leave now?" and waited. Gradually, I felt my whole body relax and the dog shook himself and ran out of the room. My baby was looking at me as if to say "you are a silly Mummy! Why did you tell my friend to leave?!" and didn't seem bothered in the slightest.

I am certain that was not my Nanny, and my friend and I have since discussed it and both hope it was just a curious passer-by. I moved out of the flat and have had no problems since, although my friend is having a terrible time with hauntings in her flat.

Thanks very much for reading my story.

Other hauntings by Worried_Brit_Chick

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Worried_Brit_Chick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ScarlettSpudlin (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
I Find This Story Rather Cute If You Ask Me! How Your Baby Loved It, Bless:) Xx
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
hey guys, thanks for the comments! It's weird because the dog had never reacted like that before when I thought there was someone there. He has been in the room plenty of times when I was changing the baby and felt like Nanny was watching, and he has just laid on the couch or the floor quite at ease, just watching. He is not allowed in the bedroom at night (because he is cheeky and sneaks under the duvet, then wakes me up with his elephantine snores!), so I put a baby gate over the doorway at night so he can still see and hear us. I am sure if he had been worried by my Nanny rocking the baby's crib at night he would have jumped over the gate into the bedroom, or at least made that funny whimpering noise or maybe even have barked, because he is very protective of me and my little one. It was his reaction that really scared me because he was obviously so frightened! X
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
I'm thinking it could have been your nanny, it's just that your body responded in such a negative way.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Hi Worried-Brit-Chick,

A very touching sharing also to my opinion and again a singe from that other world saying to us: "yes people, life lives on without the form."

Reading how your son was laughing during that moment in your bedroom as he always had done when your nannies spirit came to visit I wondered why this time the feeling it got you became negative and like geetha I to would like to know how your dog responded in relationship with your nanny?

It could be you felt her very strongly then which scared you a little?

Anyhow, thanks for posting your story!

Peter,
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Loved ones have a way of coming back to see us though hard times and also come back to rejoice on the good times. In this case, your nanny loved you so much that she came back to visit your son without scaring you. As for you last experience, it could have been a spirit passing though or your nanny but I leaning towards the former because of the reaction you got.

One question for you:

How did the dog react whenever your nanny was around your son the other times?
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
I am very glad to hear that she may have had a chance to meet your son. The other spirit that was there may or may not have been passing through but I am glad to hear you have had no more problems.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: