You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Haunted Life

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Life

 

Hey guys I'm Diana and I'm 15 years old and the following things happened from when I was 9 to my age now. I have spent days reading every story and I am fascinated with all of them. My mom is scared about this obsession I have with ghosts but I don't care what she says. Well this is my story hope you guys like it.

It all started when I was about nine years old. I was half asleep because a small white noise woke me up. I sat up in bed, I heard the sound again. I wasn't afraid just a little nervous and curious. I turned my head towards the wall because that is where I heard the sound from. I noticed something dark in the corner it was a little girl sobbing in a low volume. That is when I got scared not because I knew it was a ghost but because I thought it was my younger sister. Yet, it wasn't. I knew it couldn't be her because my sister was sound asleep, right next to me. When I noticed this is that is when I got frightened. I didn't know what to do, I knew that the last thing I wanted to do was to get out of bed so, I turned around and covered my head with my blanket and dozed off about an hour later I was awoken again by the sobbing.

My next ghostly experience took place, in my bath room a few later. I was washing my dirty feet because I like walking bare foot. I was sitting on a stool near the bathtub and while soaping up my feet I had this strange feeling that I was being watched, the feeling is unexplainable. A weird, creepy feeling. I looked around the bathroom yet found nothing. However, I saw nothing until I turned to the little square window near the corner of the room. What I saw really scared me, in the little window, I saw an eye, not just an eye but half of a face, it was dark but I could clearly make out an eye staring back at me. I was really scared, I didn't really know what to do but I knew I had to get out of there. I ran out nearly slipping because my feet were still soapy. I ran to my mom but just like many parents, she didn't believe me, which was to be expected, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

The next day the same thing happened but this time I was in there doing my business and again, I had the weird creepy feeling and this time I knew where to turn, yet, I didn't want to even look at the window but I was trapped by my own curiosity, I turned to the window and there it was again, the eye. I ran out just like last time but my dad stopped me," Why are you running out of the bathroom?" He looked puzzled," Dad! There is a guy staring at me through the window! This is the second time that this happened!" I was afraid, shaking. My dad went into his room and grabbed a flashlight and walked out of the house, my curiosity followed and took my body with it. My dad went into the little space behind the house which is where the bathroom window leads to. We found nothing, not even foot steps. So, that is when I knew that it was a ghost.

Years passed, we changed houses many times until we found a good home. Though, it wasn't until about a month later, when we started noticing some strange stuff occurring. Strange stuff, like things going missing and some sounds in the kitchen. However, only I was noticing this. That is until my mom had a little taste herself.

One day, the whole family was in the living room; the kids watching television and my mom sweeping. She finished sweeping and headed towards the restroom. That is when it happened, she opened the door but as she did, the door shut its self closed. My mom turned towards the couch where we were sitting, thinking it was one of us in the restroom. We all turned at her as she slowly walked toward the couch and sat down, she then told us what just happened.

A few months later, my whole family and I were on our way to my grandmother's house (dad's side); before we left we made sure to not leave anything on because we were going to be over there for awhile. We went over and had a big family dinner and everything. We came back a few hours later, maybe three or four. We entered the house and heard this kind of whirring sound coming from the kitchen. My dad went in first, we were all scared but my dad wasn't. He entered the kitchen and turned on the light. The blender was on. My dad checked the back of the blender to check its temperature to check if some one left it on but, the blender was not even warm, which means that no one left it on because if someone did the blender would be burning. Yet, it was cold, not just cold, freezing.

On March the 6th, my mom and I went on an emergency trip to Mexico because my grandmother, from my mother's side, was very ill. Sadly enough, she died in her sleep. My mom and I stayed in my mom's old room from when she was a young girl. Well, at about 2:00 o'clock in the morning I heard some scratching on the window like with thick fingernails. I was really scared but I just turned the other way and went to sleep. The next day my mom told me that she had heard these noises, too.

The next night, the same thing happened but this time it got worst. My mom and I were asleep, when I wake up to the scratching sounds, again. I got really frustrated because I was very tired and I wanted to get to sleep. I was just staring at the window when I heard some noises in the room. "Diana? Are you awake?" Said my mom's voice. "Yeah," I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "Diana?" "Yeah?" "Diana, did you hear those noises?" "Yes, I did. Maybe it's just mice." "There are no mice here." "Well let's not think about what else it could be, let's try to get some sleep. O.K. Mom?" "O.K. Then." We never heard the noises again.

When my grandma passed away, we knew that she would come back. This is actually something that happened to my mother. She was sleeping in our bed in the afternoon. That day was very cold and because of it she was only half asleep. My mom started to get really cold, and then she felt her blanket being stretched up to cover her more. After she finished her nap she walked over to the kitchen to find out who was responsible for this. No one had ever entered the room.

A month later I arrived back in California by myself because my mom would be coming back later. The night of my arrival I was taken to go stay at my aunt's house. I didn't get much action there. Though, when I went into my aunt's room, I grabbed a napkin and ran out, I felt like I needed to get out of there quick. Once I was out I heard the door violently shut itself. It did this frequently whenever I would leave the room.

I was changing houses every week, one week I would be with my aunt, the next I would go stay over at my grandma's house, and then switch back over to my aunt. Well, one day I was spending the week over at my grandma's house. At about 3:00 am I was awoken by a sound in the kitchen. I did not know what it was and I didn't want to find out. I turned around and covered my head. Then, what I heard next really scared me. I heard little knockings on the floor. I tried to close my eyes, I thought I was dreaming. Yet, I stayed awake listening waiting for them to stop. I listened carefully, and then I noticed something more frightening, those were not knocks on the floor. They were footsteps, someone with high heels, headed toward the living room where there was a couch in which I was sleeping on. Then, they were gone.

About 2 months later my mother returned from Mexico. We were very happy to see her. My mom was also very happy to see us. She settled back in and then told us of her travel. Six months later, we moved. We moved into this small home. It had one room in which my brothers, sister and I would sleep in.

One night I went to the restroom at about one in the morning. I went into the bathroom and then I heard foot steps in the kitchen. I walked out into the kitchen but saw nothing. Another night at about midnight, I was lying in bed when I felt two fingers brush against my back. I was more scared than I have ever been. I felt like I wasn't safe even in my own home. I had to let it go, there was nothing I could do but wait to be alone again. The next day I told my mom. A month later, we moved.

We now live in a two room house. I have my room and my brothers share one. My mother and sister sleep in the living room, they don't mind, not after they heard my stories of what happens in my room.

One time after I was done taking pictures in my room, I went to the store to reveal them and when I got them back, I noticed some orbs about three over my face. I showed these to my mom but she was denying it, she would not accept to know that her house was haunted. I thought that this was only a small thing but I was wrong.

One time when I went to the restroom, I heard footsteps coming from the attic. Well I didn't know that there was an attic until after I went to check what the noise was. When I found out that there was an attic I started locking my door at night. I told my mom but again I got in trouble for getting things into her head. I thought that my mom would never believe me until one day.

She was cooking in the kitchen and my little brother was taking a shower, I was out with my dad. She told me that while she was cooking she saw a little boy look at the side of a wall at her and when she went to check it out. She saw something dark run into my room. She went into the bathroom and my little brother was still in the shower.

Some noises still occur yet, I don't mind. I just ignore them and live my life.

Many things happen in my home, things that just aren't explainable. I am being stalked my something not of this nature and I have learned to live with this, to me is a, gift.

Hope you liked it - Diana

Other hauntings by Diyanuh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Diyanuh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Angelfeathers,
Very creative, I commend you. Good form. We need more of you available in this world.
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Ummm I agree with the comments being "off" Whats with the clowns? Seems someone hacked or something replacing different words with the word clown? Very hard to read.
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
What's going on? This site is putting words in my mouth. Can someone check it out? The comments sound silly. ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜  ๐Ÿ˜
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
WB, okay. I get it now.

The problem derives a misunderstanding of the submission guidelines. Quoting here: "The author, Diyanuh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced."

I think that Diyanuh feels that she doesn't "need help." I think she just wanted to submit an account, like to an online journal. I don't think you really expected much two-sided discussion, did you, Diyanuh?

Please know -- I'm not trying to "dis" you or dismiss you. I am genuinely concerned because your anger seems out of proportion to the situation. The fact that I've checked your page several times now is a testament to that concern. There are TONS of other accounts that I read here, and very few that I choose to comment on. Even fewer, the number that I choose to revisit.

I don't want to use up any more of your space, so I'm going to leave you a message in my own bio. Click on my name, and it'll take you there... If you're interested.

Take care.
A.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
Diyanuh,
It WAS stopped. In fact, I stated that no other religious discussion was to take place on this page. That would include you as well. If you post a comment concerning your personal feel on Christianity due to the actions of a FEW Christians and NOT expect a response, that is just not logical. People tend to defend (as you, yourself have on this subject) their rights to whatever religion or lack of religion they claim allegiance to.
So why do we not all get back to JUST commenting on what you have written BEFORE the comment section?
Thank you.
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
I am sorry for starting all this but I am telling the truth
I like the fact that I see ghost, sure they scare me but I still like them.
I just wanted to share this with everyone I didn't ask for anything other that for people to read this... You don't have to comment if you don't want to, I am happy with people reading it and liking it. If you don't like it...leave. Its as simple as that... Also I said the other comment because people tell me to become christian so I won't be bothered yet the theory of spirits come from christians. They say that ghosts couldn't find a way to "heaven" so they are stuck here... This is rediculous and I don't believe it. I'm sorry but just let me be what you religious people call "anti-christ" I don't give a crap... If jesus were to appear before me and and not let me get home because he has to tell me something... I would flick him and off cross the street. That is how much I don't care... What is he going to do about it? Tell his "daddy"? And I will die the next day? Psh-yea sure... You guys just stop with this ok โค ๐Ÿ˜im sorry
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
You are asking me questions that I can not answer for you, angelfeathers. I personally have not read the story, only the comments. I dealt with those in the appropriate manner.
Thank you.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
WB, I guess I'm at a loss as to why this was posted. Were we just supposed to read Diana's story and reply with "Wow!" or "Cool!"? Or are we supposed to be in awe of Diana's ability to attract paranormal chaos?

Diana, perhaps you could enlighten us -- what type of response were you seeking to elicit when you wrote this story?

Judging by your comments -- the comments YOU started by the way -- you wanted to do a drive-by on any kind of religious belief. A "Theistic-Hit-and-Run," if you will.

(WB, am I to infer that the "sexually explicit" comments in regard to the nonexistent religious debate came from the author? If so, this only serves to reinforce my initial inference -)

Diana, you have a problem, not a gift. I will pray for you. (Since you don't believe in God, it won't matter anyway, right?)

A.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
***********
Some times LIFE teaches us where we have failed our Higher Power more clearly than that of any book. I will not give my religious opinion here, as it would appear that you feel you know all there is to know about them, no matter how misinformed that knowledge to be.
That is not why I am here, this morning, though.
I need to remind you all that this is not a religious site, and the fact that the author has made it perfectly clear that she has no desire to gain anymore insight other than what she already possesses for HER belief system, shall we refrain from the religious debate as it has had a few sexually explicit comments attached to it? It is obvious she wishes NOT to debate that.
Thank you.
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
TO ILOVEARCHER: well I tried it on this house but couldn't find any history. However, my friend who lives in the back house said that 2 children dies here and their mother too, sometime the ishes wash themselves, its cool with me but it freaks my mom out which is really funny
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
ha like ima trust some creepy old guy who can " watch us no matter where we are" psh-yea
mgtor (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
I believe in God and just like there is a God there is also the devil and his evil ways. I also believe that we have trapped spirits who died to soon or just don't know they are dead. There is the spirits that don't bother you or harm you and the one's that do get violent and harm you. You have a gift and if you are not scared or bothered by them you will be just fine. As for getting into different religions to big of a subject and we should just respect everyone's views. In other words to reason to be mad at anyone for what they believe we are all responsible for our own destiny and when we die we all find out the truth of it all.
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
I am with diyanuh, about one thing or one man creating the earth and I have plenty of arguements which makes me question him/her/it. However I do believe there is something bigger than us (mother nature anyone:P). ANd when you look at all religions they all basically say the same thing in one way or anthor. Anyway as angelfeathers asked wats rligion got to do with your story. What eva your religion is, if a spirit decide to "visit" you they will. It don't matter what you believe, you could believe the rats bottom started it all and they would still come. Anywayz explain more plz!? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜
Darren (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Some people become spiritual magnets with no known explanation. Some people are trance mediums and do not know it. While rare, it happens. Did I misread something? You said to not judge you because of your religion, yet you are atheist? Isn't that the jest of Atheism?

I make no attempt to insult Atheists, however I have been known to "poke fun" at them. For instance, what do atheists do with money? Surely they wouldn't carry around something that says "In God We Trust!"

Make an Atheist a delicious meal and they will swear there is no cook!

What does an dyslexic Atheist say? There is no DOG!

All jokes aside, have you tried "talking" to the spirits? Maybe you could banish them periodically?
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
no offense but I think you are making fun of Christians...
Not to worry though, I understand why you don't believe in God...
Unfortunately, most people don't...
Oh and when you said nice God you have, problems are made for a reason...
Besides, if everything in life is perfect, what would we need God for...
I know this sounds crazy but problems that we overcome actually helps us understand certain things better and it prepares us for the future...
We learn from our mistakes...
He's not cruel, unlike what most people think so...
You just have to learn to understand him and trust him...
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
wow,that's very intresting, and scary.
Does your house have any history on it?
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Okay, I think I missed something because I don't see how this is related to your story, Diana:

"have you heard the story about how god came to be? Talkin about a talkin snake tellin two people who came out of nowhere, to eat out of a magical tree that kills you? Then the guy gets a piece of fruit stuck in his throut, yea like its going to fit in there? Yea sure nice god you have."

Can you explain, please? Is this your take on the Genesis midrash? Or is this something you heard from someone else? How does it relate to your story?

A.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Sure sounds like she's making fun of other people's religion to me. ๐Ÿ˜• Anyway, I feel sorry for Atheists. But to avoid getting in to a big spiritual debate, I'll keep the rest of my opinions to myself. ๐Ÿ˜
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I don't mind the ghosts I mean it is rather surprising but I don't mind and I wouldn't like to have my house blessed by a preist because I am atheist, no, my religion has nothing to do with the fact that I see ghosts, I just want to point that out because then people tell me that just because I am atheist I am seeing the devil. And please don't disrespect me because of my religion, I chose to believe in this religion because I don't know how people can think that just one guy made all this? Oh please! (not making fun of other religions) also have you heard the story about how god came to be? Talkin about a talkin snake tellin two people who came out of nowhere, to eat out of a magical tree that kills you? Then the guy gets a piece of fruit stuck in his throut, yea like its going to fit in there? Yea sure nice god you have. Sorry I'm not makin fun of any religion ok oh and as a response toย hazzardsyndrome: yea I'm not going to lie this story is almost the same but here I tried to clear more things out also I added more stuff ok sorry about coping my own story again but hope you liked it โค
tpeck2 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
hello everyone. I'm 18 and I also fond myself to be sort of obsessed with ghosts, well not so much ghosts rather than ghost stories, movies, tv shows, etc. I hope I don't start experiencing ghostly encounters because that is the last thing I want. I am just fascinated at peoples experiences. I have had a few experiences of my own, but none that are constant or continual.
--great story tho diana, just please be careful โค ๐Ÿ˜‰
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
just a quick question, have you posted this before? A lot of it seems really familiar to me.
angelfeathers (106 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Diana, I don't think it's the houses that are haunted, honey...

Being "stalked" isn't a "gift." It's a nightmare. Things just haven't gotten bad enough for you to realize it yet. The minor disturbances and inconveniences that you have experienced are NOTHING compared to what could be headed your way -- if you don't stop this "obsession." (These terms -- stalked, gift, obsession -- are yours, not mine, by the way.)

As a teen, you are very vulnerable right now, and I want you to proceed very carefully after some deliberation. Please read haleybug's recent story, "Haleys Ouija Board 2." You may not see the connection immediately, but these things are related: See, when you show an interest in the paranormal world, it will take an interest in you. The volume of stories on this website is a testament to that theory.

Diana, you're standing on a threshhold right now. It's up to you, how you choose to proceed. Please think before you jump; and try to make peace with your mom. The fact that she's concerned about you is proof of her love for you.

Blessings to you and yours,
A.
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Oh that's sad! You are really brave to put up with these ghostly experiences while not as common as you I have seen shadows and people that lurk in the shadows. I constanly feel like I'm being watched and these things constantly follow me! I can't stand it. Kudo's for being able to handle some days I feel like going crazy.

P.s I'm sorry about your grandma ๐Ÿ˜ข โค โค
Diyanuh (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
sorry forgot to mention that a few weeks after my mom returned, my dad left us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: