You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: There Is Someone Standing On Our Back

Real Ghost Stories

There Is Someone Standing On Our Back

 

This Experience of mine happened before my first story. I forgot all about it until one of my friends who was also my co-member in our college chorale brought it up in one of our conversations. This happened November year 2008.

Old Buildings and Ghosts are usually attached to each other some people say that's why in some stories I've read and heard most hauntings happen in Old Buildings. I didn't know that during our Chorale Practice my co-chorale members and I would have our own dose of it.

Our Choir group used a room in an old building in our school for practices. Usually when we had our practice for the school choir competition, our practice would last 'til 9:00 in the evening (which I really hated because I felt sleepy by the end our practice). Before going into further details about this experience I will first describe how we were seated and the setting of our practice room.

All members of the choir were seated facing the chalkboard so no one could see who was at the back. We were having our third round of our competition piece that time when the door opened and we heard someone enter the room, we thought maybe it was one of our member's who was just late for the practice that evening. We even heard footsteps approaching us, but the sound of the footsteps stopped when they neared our seats.

I noticed that my friend who was sitting next to me glancing at our backs. After our third round of practice our conductor who was also singing with us that time announced that we had a fifteen minute break, everybody just sat where they were seated. I took advantage of that break and asked my friend what she was looking at a while back. As I was asking her she held my hands and they felt icy cold, I looked at her and saw that her eyes were misty. I asked her what the problem was, she then whispered to all of us do you believe in ghosts, I smiled at her and said: "Hell no, their not real", she looked at me and said someone is standing on our back. We looked back and saw a shadow that somewhat resembled a man walking out of the door which opened earlier, after it walked out of the room the door closed.

I looked at her and smiled (though I kind of freaked out too) I said: "it's nothing don't be scared, she replied: "how can you explain the door, it opened a while ago then closed by itself!" I said: " maybe it was the wind, let's just check".

After examining the door we found out that the door is made out of heavy wood material so it would take a really strong wind to open it but there was no wind that time. After that no one is in the mood to continue practicing so we decided to go home.

The next day our conductor had our practice moved to another building away from the Old Building.

I dismissed the thought that it was a ghost because I really don't believe in ghosts before. But now I wonder what was that thing we saw their.

Other hauntings by RonYP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RonYP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
i'm still in college but I haven't been able to return to that room to investigate or to research about its history. Lately I was able to asks people about the old building particularly the floor where the room is located (I don't call it research though) they told me that in that floor two suicide attempts was done, luckily the second attempt was not succesful. Years ago a fetus was also found on that floor, didn't ask where it came from. And just last 2007 somebody fell from that floor, thank God a car was able to catch its body if not his dead meat. Thanks for reading my story.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
Is there any way that you could get some history on that building or the land that it is on? That might help. Are you out of college now? If not then maybe you could go back to that room and investigate. Let us know! ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
Sounds residual until a door actually opens and closes. It would have been one thing to hear the door and footsteps but yet have nothing physical actually occur. When physical things are being moved as well I tend to think of it as more than residual. Could it be intelligent? Without investigation that would be hard to determine. Just don't think something like that is completely residual.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Good story and many ghosts hang around where they passed away, so if it was an old building, it is bound to have ghosts in it!

Princess123 x ❤
avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I think it's incredible you dismiss a ghost when your friend looked you in your eyes and said she saw a figure. You even tested the door saying it was heavy wood and would take a strong gust to close it. Maybe you should open your eyes a bit and see the darker side of the world that IS within the "brighter" side.
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
After that incident our conductor refused to have our practice in that building again, but one college choir group also experienced the same thing in one of their late practices. Do you think the singing attracted the spirit?
Arithod (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Knight has it right. The fact that the spirit didn't go out of its way to make its self noticed leads me to believe its a residual haunting. This in my opinion means that its not really a spirit but an imprint, energy left on our plane even though the spirit it self is not. That is why it would repeat the same patern over and over. There is a simple way to test this however. Recreate the event. If it happens again then the is a high chance of a residual haunting. A residual haunting is nothing to fear. It just takes some time to get used to.
DeathKnight12 (6 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
hi there... Whew that might have been some sort of residual hunting where the ghost does the same thing on and on since it was the last thing or maybe the thing that he loves doing the most when he was still alive. Might have been an old teacher who does not accept the fact that he is already dead that is why he is still coming to school as a ghost, he must have been so attached to the room that his spirit lingers in the room...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: