You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Childs Uneasiness & The Black Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

My Childs Uneasiness & The Black Shadows

 

I'm from NYC (queens) and I'd say that I'm not very gullible and I don't scare very easily. But my recent ongoing experiences have made quite the believer out of me. I was about six to seven months pregnant and I was lying down on my air bed in the basement of my home. I was alone because my husband worked the graveyard shift. I just finished watching a particularly long Scooby-doo marathon and started to doze off, I couldn't have been asleep for more than 15 minutes when I had the feeling that someone was standing over me. I opened my eyes thinking one of my brothers would be there but I was very shocked and surprised to see this black figure standing over me with his or its arms stretched out to its sides.

Sure enough it scared the crap out of me; it scared me so much I thought I was going to go into labor. To make this part of my story short I sat up and yelled at this "thing" whatever it was disappeared as fast as it appeared and I spent the rest of the night with all the lights on until morning. The next couple of weeks I was in the basement (alone) about 9 in the morning and I was expecting my mother. I don't know what made me look over to the staircase but I saw this shadow as if someone was standing on the top of the staircase.

The way my house is built is the bathroom is right by the staircase so all the light from outside shines through that window, reflecting light onto the staircase wall so you can tell when there's someone standing on the steps. I thought it was my mom so I called out to her but the person didn't reply and I saw the shadow move from the staircase. I started hearing a female's voice humming in my living room.

It wasn't very loud and given the fact that this humming was accompanied by footsteps. I went upstairs and there was nobody there. To make a longer story shorter I gave birth to my son. A year later my son and I are playing in hallway and he suddenly stopped and stared at the ceiling. I tried to take him to my room and he just WOULDN'T budge, he started doing this when he was one. Until this day he'll be playing and chatting up a storm until he gets to the hallway. It's like he turns into a completely different child he's about 2 and a half now and I'm starting to think that there's something in that hallway.

I'm definitely convinced that there's something in my basement because my son used to love to play in the basement all the time, since the age of one he refuses to come down to the basement. He'll either stand at the top of the stairs crying hysterically until I come up or if I do get him to come down He won't stay for long. Recently he's been terrified to come out of my bedroom and into the hallway. I just don't know what to do. I've also seen this black shadow again last month I was getting ready for school and I was having a discussion with my husband, and he was facing me when I saw this black thing go zooming down the stairs right behind him.

I'm honestly at my wits end and I don't know what to do anymore. It really disturbs me that I'm seeing these black shadows all over the place...

Other hauntings by scaredtobealone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scaredtobealone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
this is the kind of thing that really pisses me off. When the mess with my children. Every time I was pregnant I was so much more spiritually sensitive & the house I lived in while pregnant with my youngest two, man it was a war every day. One of the stories should be coming up here shortly about that house. Called "I'll Tell!" or some junk. Any way for some reason my husband at the time, thought it a good idea to buy me>a pregnant mommy with a 4 year old & a baby still in diapers, yes I got pregnant 4 weeks after my son was born. This is one of the reasons this man is now my ex-husband 😁 any who, he brings in to me as I'm trying to stay cool being pregnant the third summer in a row, comes in smiling & shining like he was so clever with a puppy. A puppy. A Jack Russell, I cried partly c the thing was so cute but also I had another thing to potty train & it was teething too. Not house trained at all. Sweet of my husband to think of me, but then, now I think it was one of his sick jokes knowing how sick I was & I had so much on my plate already. Now in this house I would get so dizzy & sick in the hallway. The house was over 100 years old & I knew the second I saw it what was going down inside. I kept the puppy as long as I could (a couple months) but he would stop in the middle of playing & growl at the hallway with his hackles up. My oldest daughter, Camille would always fall in the hallway, other people would too.

Now what I want to say to you now is to claim your home. Sometimes they don't leave no matter what you do. It's just "their place" every thing on Gods earth needs a place. Pray & read the bible out loud. Do it with your husband if he's down. It could throw a fit for a while & it may get worse for a while to try to cause you to stop, but don't. Have faith & be tough, I know you can be. Bless you & yours. Much love. To get in touch with me

Butterflygree08[at]aim.com
& read my story here called CONSTANT, just so you can get a feel of where I'm coming from.

~LSD~
Demonologist13 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Such black spiritual forms are known to paranormal investigators as shadow people. They almost always produce fear in those who encounter them. Their appearance is to be cause for concern; they are not there to benefit you.

Something has invited them into your location. It could come from occult activity you may have been involved with in the past. It also could be something that already dwelt in your home and was invited there by something that happened previously, or it could be a spirit that someone in your family had made a covenant with previously.

I don't think it was an accident that it appeared to you while pregnant and is now appearing to your son. It seems to have designs on your son. I would recommend that your son be baptized or dedicated at a local church for starters. Pray the Lord's prayer with your son often. Demons are repelled by it.

Your family could wear blessed St. Benedict medals for protection. For people of faith, the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel is a powerful tool to use. I concur with KimSouthO, consult qualified clergy who understand the dynamics of deliverance. The dark forms will not leave on their own, but will continue to try to seek in-roads into you and your son's life.

I will keep you and your son in my prayers.
God's blessings.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
It's editing our words and changing them to that. I know you never said that it was, but the just replace the words that will make it somewhat understandable...
scaredtobealone (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I'm sorry I don't remember saying it was a clown that I saw, whatever it was it had a very clear form. And it was BLACK I couldn't see through it and considering I was laying right in front of the tv and I couldn't see any light reflecting off of its face scared the crap out of me even more. It was a person I couldn't make out any kind of sex though. I'm going to follow the advice you guys are giving me especially since its been awhile since I have been to church lol thanks for the advice guys.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I never wrote clowns in that comment... Why does it say clowns? I meant ghosts or spirits. 😕
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
I could have chalked up the first incident to vivid dreaming or a waking dream, especially with being pregnant and the hormone rise. However, when you were fully awake and you thought it was your mother and no one was there that's a whole different ballgame. You may have something residing with you in that basement and seems like it can make it's way to the hallway as well. It may be residual in that there is no communication involved and you may be sensitive enough to see what others can't. Your son being a child seems to be able to see it but being so young it's hard for him to express what he's seeing. He may also be sensitive because you are. I agree with taking back your house as YOUR space. If this thing is not residual it will understand what you are saying and hopefully will comply. I don't know much about cleansing rituals but many on this site do. If you do have a faith, invoke it as you tell this thing it's not to bother your family and if it does it will have to go. It could also be a soul trapped between dimensions and may not even realize it's dead. Apparently it doesn't have the power to fully materialize so the black shadow is the best it can do. Telling this entity that it should move onto the Light may be exactly what is needed. This was once a person who had a body and treat it just like you would any person you had to deal with about an issue. With respect but with firmness. Keep us posted. Good luck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Not all dark shadows are evil. It may be the only way this 'entity' can manifest.

I would say basedon the history of your having seen shadows before, it is possible your child is as well.

Talk to your son about it. Get your son a cross and tell him of its protection and the Lords protection. If this does not fall ithin your belief system, use a spiritual method that does.

Talk to this (or these) shadows and tell them they are not welcome in the home as they are frightening your child, tell them to leave in the name of the Lord.

Encourage your son to tell you what he is seeing and why it frightens him so. Let him tell you and be understanding. To often times parent think it is all imagination. Its not.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
First you should by religious symbols that may help. Of course you husband must be aware of this. If this continues you should seek help from a priest.
I'm not sure what kind of vibes resonating from it, but you should take it as a bad vibe. I've heard many stories of ghosts having extreme mood swings. Take this seriously the holy symbols may help.
Furthermore, you should seek out the past of this house and the area around it. That could be key to stopping this spirit. Be careful; do NOT use the Ouija board

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: