You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Followed By A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Being Followed By A Ghost

 

Key West is one of the most haunted places in America. These experiences happened in Key West, Florida on April 17, 2009.

When I came back from work at 6:00 PM, I will usually start up the gaming console to play a quick game. It was 6:42 and I fell asleep in the chair. When I woke up, the bathroom light was on and all the kids were gone with my wife. As I went to go turn off the light, a cupboard opened. I was scared so I decided to go with my wife.

I started up the car and drove to the store. She was shopping with the kids so I told her and she said that there was no spirits in the house. Anyways, I hung around with my wife for a while then it was time to go. I noticed that my car door was unlocked and I remembered that I locked the doors. Is this ghost following me?

It was 9:00 and it was time for my kids to go to bed. I got them in bed and walked out the room and closed the door.

Then something strange happened. 2 minutes passed, and I heard someone scream coming from the kid's room. I went to go ask him what was wrong. She said that she saw a moving shadow in the room. I was freaked out, so I let the kids stay up for 2 hours.

It was 9:21 and the kids fell asleep. I was still thinking about this ghost that was following me. I wasn't that scared anymore. I was just mad and angry. Then, I noticed that the gaming console was on. I didn't turn it on and I was on the couch lying down. There was nothing there.

I was so mad that I yelled STOP TOUCHING MY PROPERTY. The ghost hasn't touched anything but the ghost was angry at me and something happened at 3:00 AM.

I heard the walls scratching. The light in the bathroom flickered on and off and I felt a touch on my back when I slept. I woke up and nothing there. I still think about it everyday and I just get angry.

If you have any comments regarding what this ghost wants from me or other comments, feel free to post a comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ParanormalGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
I pretty much think all ghosts were once human. Some were not very nice in life and continue to be the same in death. Some are confused as to what has happened to them. Some are afraid to go forward and therefore harrass the living for lack of something better to do. I think you did the right thing about taking back your house. Show no fear and make yourself clear. Like most individuals dead or alive, most want some kind of respect so be firm but without rancor. Keep us posted.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
Don't try to make the ghost more angry, just find his or her problem, then solve it by avenging it or finish it's unfinished business.

If you can't get contact with this being, try get a medium to talk to it, it might work.
goldenlight (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
My mom told me the same thing as vanelle22, but even still sometimes the ghost I've got at my house freaks me out. You could go to a room that its presence seems thickest taking a recorder, turn it on and ask a question. I don't know the specifics of it, but that's the main idea. You might want to google it or something though. Also had you recently done something to the house? Ghost often become dormaint until some kind of of remodelling is done and then they awaken to see what is going on. They still see the house as theirs so when something changes the come to investigate. It could even be as small as painting a room I believe. Anyway I hope I was able to give you some insight about this ghost, and if you really want it gone you might want to look into having your house blessed. Peace and good luck
sharebear (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
try talking to it. Since it got mad at you When you were trying to talk to it, Maybe you can make it go away or ask it why it is still here.
Sophia0526 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Maybe try to communicate with the ghost, but if the ghost does not want to communicate with you, try to get a priest or something that can get rid of the ghost?

😊
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
Try getting a piece of paper and writing a question on there. Put that paper with the writing on it somewhere noticeable and leave the pen/pencil with it. The theory is that the spirit may want to communicate but doesn't know how and you have just given it a way. Let us know it this works. Good luck. ❤

How long have you lived in that house? Do you know the history of it? Have you ever had a paranormal encounter there before? Just some of the questions that popped into my head as I was reading your story.
vanelle22 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
My mother always told me if you treat the ghost with respect, and it sounds weird but just let the ghost know that you and your family don't mean any harm you just want to stay here and that you respect its presence but would appreciate it, if it would let you and your family stay there in peace... Try it out...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: