You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I'm Being Followed By A Dark, Cloaked/hooded Entity

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Being Followed By A Dark, Cloaked/hooded Entity

 

The first time I recall seeing him was when I was around 8 years old. My bed had recently been moved to face the window in my room. It was nighttime but quite well lit outside and I saw this cloaked, black figure with a hood covering most of his face. What I could see of his face was white and maybe translucent and there seemed to be some blood dripping down it. I'm not sure if I would say he was solid but I did see him very clearly.

The next time I saw him was when I was around 12 or 13. I was sitting in my basement (different home) with a friend, facing her. I blinked and in my mind's eye I saw the basement from her perspective somehow and saw him standing behind me in a doorway.

I went to a little wiccan shop and scared the daylights out of the owner. She basically ran away as soon as I entered the store. Her husband told me that she sensed some dark energy about me. I took this as me having darkness in my aura.

The order of events gets a little foggy from here, and there were plenty of paranormal experiences in this time frame that may or may not have to do with this particular entity so I'll leave those out for now but I should point out that after the basement incident I made the very poor decision to use a ouija board in that basement. I wanted to contact my uncle but I believe I invited in other spirits and perhaps allowed this entity to gain a stronger hold on me.

Shortly after that I started hearing him in my head. It sounds crazy, and maybe it is, but he was communicating with me very clearly and non-threateningly. He told me his name (which I have since forgotten) and quite a bit about who he supposedly was. I don't remember all of the details but he claimed to be someone from one of my past lives that was very similar to this one in which I committed suicide at the age of 17. He implied that he was trying to help me.

Things started to get scary for awhile and I assumed it was this spirit and that he was trying to trick me somehow so I decided to do a binding ceremony. Considering the fact that I was in my early teens and had no idea what I was dealing with (still don't but I'd like to think I'm a little more cautious now) I don't think it went as planned.

He stopped talking in my head. I haven't exactly seen him since. But I have felt him, although I wasn't sure if it was him or not at the time. My husband has caught glimpses of him in every house we have lived in (5 different locations) and thought that it was something haunting him. I have saged my homes. I have cleansed this home of negative energies. But there is something here.

The reason I'm writing about this now is because last night I had a conversation with someone who barely knows me. She is my step brother's girlfriend and we haven't spoken much but my mom brought up the shop incident and asked what it was that the owner had said to me. When I answered that my energy bothered her she said that she didn't think it was mine. She said that when she first met me she also had to leave quickly because she saw a cloaked figure standing behind me and that he didn't want anyone else near me. She's very scared of him and didn't even want to say anything to me about it. She didn't want to admit that he was there last night, too, but he was. What threw me off was that she described him to a T without ever knowing my story.

So, here I am at 26 years old, this entity has been following me around for around 18 years. I thought he was gone. I have gone back and forth between feeling like he is malevolent and feeling like he is a misunderstood guiding spirit... But either way I feel like he is hindering me from reaching my full potential.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with something similar? Especially considering I believe I have bound him to me? I'm not sure I should release him from his binding because he could be malevolent and I don't want to release that into the world, but I would also like to be free of him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chaos92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

UnknownYoungGirl (1 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-03-29)
Me and my Dad have encountered this spirit. Me more so then my dad. My dad has seen him twice while I have seen him or them I guess? I saw them 3 times. When my dad saw him he was like 8 and he had sleep paralyzes but awake and his mom had to get a priest to help him and it worked but he was stuck like that for 45 hours.

The last time he saw them was when he was like in his early 20's and I saw just a baby. And the same thing happened he got sleep paralyzes and they were on top of him which scared him sooo much! He woke up a few minutes later but not without seeing a young boy in the corner looking down.

I saw them when I was 8 I was walking past a small library room in the house I was at but it was only briefly and I thought nothing of it. But I saw him again when I was 11 behind me at night and then they vanished. And again I though nothing of it.

But then I saw them again when I was 14 and when I saw him I just... Stood their looking at it but... Not with fear but with an emotion I don't understand. And i'm not much older then the last I was them but not many people in my family believes me. Which I can understand but still they can at least fake that they do.

I have always seem, heard, and feel thing I don't understand and other can't do. Me and my dad have a power mine which to my understanding is stronger than his but it still is weak as I get older but it can never go away. And it seems genetic so if I ever have a child it might have this power too. But my older brother doesn't have it so it might skip a generation.
catleyablu (17 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-21)
I only ponder about this because it is intriguing (that I've ready about this a little)...but what if this entity or being of a sort is indeed part of a past life? What if he IS trying to help you? ***Not saying AT ALL that you should venture into trying any more communication***, but it is interesting to think about and try to understand...

The Journey of Souls & Destiny of Souls books by Michael Newton came to mind when I got to the part in your story where you say he told you "his name and quite a bit about who he supposedly was." and that he "claimed to be someone from one of [your] past lives that was very similar to this one in which [you] committed suicide at the age of 17. He implied that he was trying to help [you]."

In the books, it is discussed (and found through hypnosis - not sure how much to trust in that line of work and am a skeptic of all sorts but do not limit my imagination) about how we ourselves put our souls through these lives / experiences in order to teach ourselves a well-needed lesson or to gain experience in order to become more enlightened and for the soul come to a certain realization or point of purity, something like that... So in many of these cases some of these people claim to have "decided" to stay on Earth as ghosts either because they aren't ready to move on, they want to help others with grieving or dealing with certain things or because they want to experience this (some have said they stay as ghost for the fun of it)...it's very fascinating to read!

I just wonder if this is one of those spirits or if this thing isn't meant to be negative. Just my thought on this story.

Still, I understand how scary this can be (even though I've never experienced anything myself). Anything not of this world can be concerning more than or before it can be exciting when we don't know what it is that we're dealing with... I hope all is well with you and that things don't get out of hand! <3
Dark_Soul (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-06)
just some correction to my sentences:

Hi Chaos92,

I suggest you find Muslim scholars.
They might be able to help you...
If you can't find any, I believe US has an organization related to Muslims affairs.

Just to be clear here, I am not asking you to become a Muslim...
Instead just asking help from the Muslims in USA and near your neighbours, to solve your ghost problems...
Dark_Soul (2 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-03-06)
Hi Chaos92,

I suggest you find Muslim scholars.
They might be able to help you...
If you can't find any, I believe US has this organization related to Muslims affairs.

Just to be clear here, I am not asking to become a Muslim...
Instead just asking help from the Muslims in USA...
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-14)
Reading your account - it reminded me of a woman's experience that was shared on a podcast I listen to - she was also followed by an entity from childhood and found a way to free herself from its pursuit. Here is a link, you may find it helpful: https://spookedpodcast.org/episode-1-the-wraith

I am glad you are reaching out to folks around you for help - realizing you aren't alone is huge:-) I am in a similar place religion wise with a leaning towards the old Roman ways - in terms of finding a religious authority somewhat in line with such (what I consider pantheistic) views, I would recommend a Spiritualist Church. You can also look up Wiccan groups in your area. Also, find your local spiritualist/new age stores, they are usually as much about the community as their wares and can be great sources for contacts and information.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Chaos92 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-12)
Thank you all for the feedback! I have been in contact with a group that I found on this site and I'm hoping they'll be able to help, but I'm also looking into a medium and possibly someone well-trained in reiki if I can find someone that I feel I can trust. To answer the question regarding religion, I can't say I devoutly follow any religion. I take things from many faiths but I'd say I lean most toward wiccan. But I am not sure how or where to find a religious authority based in that faith. I am afraid to take this on without direct guidance of someone far more knowledgable than myself. I have a family to protect. As of right now, this entity is only causing us discomfort, I don't want to mess up and put my loved ones in danger because I thought I could handle it myself. It has been recommended by the group I've been in contact with that I do a '7 day candle cleanse' but I'm not sure what all that entails and if it would even be wise to attempt since I feel that doing anything right now is only going to provoke this entity if it's not effective
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Sorry for adding another add on post, I forgot to mention one thing that might be of help. You can wear The medal of St. Benedict. It might be help you in this situation. I think it should be blessed by Benedictine monks to be fully effective. Another thing is I don't know if suggesting this breaks or contradicts with your religion. I am not a pro, so I am not so sure about how it works. I just feel like adding this suggestion to help you.
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Howdy Chaos92. After reading your story I can't help but get goosebumps all over my body. I agree with all the comments posted here in response to your story.

Now for my own opinion on this matter. I feel what is following you isn't something you can shake off with simple cures or ward. I can suggest to you the use of sea salt placement around your home and in your own pocket at all times but I feel this won't do much. I don't know your religion or if you have one. If you have one, it would be nice to seek someone with authority and knowledge on how to deal with this sort of entity. One last very important thing is faith, believe that God or whomever in your religion is infinitely more powerful than that entity troubling you.
I have read an account in books of actual exorcism wherein the priest dealing with the entity wasn't sure of himself. He was having doubts inside his mind. What happens is the possessed victim in control by the entity mocks the priest and taunts him further. So armed prayers, the bible and other holy items to deal with the problem, the priest wasn't successful at first try due to lacking faith.
RSAChick (115 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-04)
A terrifying life story and saddening that you feel that this entity is hindering you from reaching your full potential, in your own words.

You should follow the advice of Lucia and RC, both well-respected members in my eyes.

A question to YGS members: do you think the author has a valid concern about releasing this possibly malevolent entity onto the world, perhaps transferring it to someone else?
Or could this thing be banished or destroyed completely?
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-02-03)
If it's been 18 years it's not going to just go away easy. I'd start every day by saying you have made a decision to follow goodness. You no longer welcome any darkness. You reject it's prescence in your life. Continually align yourself to the light and reject all dark thoughts and temptations.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-02-02)
Hi, Chaos. This is me here. Reading over your story, rereading it a few times, I get the impression of something not good. I might be mistaken.

(Aside to lighten the mood some, perhaps, but this is what I first thought: https://youtu.be/WmYEr-BZKl0?t=154)

Generally speaking, I tend to treat these entities/spirits as bad things until learning otherwise. I have such an entity following me around and its attacks are getting more intense as I move towards making a certain decision.

I strongly encourage you to look up Rook's profile, which you probably already have (https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155 just in case) and follow his cleansing procedure. I also suggest you look up someone spiritually wise and knowledgeable in your area. This website has a directory, and you can also consult with many churches or temples according to your faith.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: