You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ruth From Hell

Real Ghost Stories

Ruth From Hell

 

This is something that I had almost forgotten over the years but reading some your stories has brought this memory back to me, it wasn't pleasant at all and like most people who have played with a Ouija board I wish I had never done it.

My story took place sometime in 2003, my girlfriend at the time (Nikki) and myself were at her parents farm one night, her parents were celebrating something I can't remember now and had thrown a party with family and friends in their barn, it was only Nikki, her step sister Maggie and myself in the house watching TV when Maggie suggested we try out this Ouija board that she had been given but never used before. I wasn't to keen with the idea but we were bored so decided to give it ago.

We didn't have one of those pointers so we used a shot glass. We switched off the light lit a few candles and incense and Maggie stared asking "are there any good spirits with us", "if there are any good spirits here give us a sign". This went on for about 5 to 10 minutes without any reaction so I gave up and just sat on the couch watching. Now this part I remember when things got weird, after a few more minutes of nothing happening the girls to were getting impatient and Nikki said out loud "look is there anyone there or not!" I thought that was funny but then they both leaped back from were they were sitting as the shot glass apparently moved, they were both blaming each other for moving it but they asked again and I saw with my own eyes the glass move to yes. I still was only watching at this point.

They asked for a name and the board spelt out RUTH. I was pretty freaked out and really suggested they stop but they were to excited, Maggie said ok just one more question then that's it, she asked "Hi Ruth, were are you" the board spelt HELL, that REALLY scared us so we stopped there and went out to the barn to scared to stay inside.

We told Nikki's aunt who was a crystal healer and quite spiritual. She grabbed the three of us and took us back inside because the house, we hadn't closed the session or something and we could be in danger.

All four of us sat down with the board and her aunt started reciting some words. I can't remember what she said to close the session, but she turned to me and said "ok now smash this shot glass quickly". I couldn't think what to do so I threw it hard against the brick fire place but it just bounced right off without any damage. This I swear a really disgusting old laugh came from the top corner of the room and quickly moved across the ceiling and out toward the open sliding door, as it moved across the room it smelt like burnt hair but it all stopped after that.

The aunt took the board home with her the next morning and told us she will dispose of it properly. She also gave each of us a crystal for protection which I still have today.

That's all I have to tell. I haven't thought about that for a long time but it easily came back to me once I started writing which was weird, anyway thanks for listening.

Other hauntings by Tomo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tomo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
What sort of Christianity do some of you practice? I read of hell and exorcisms and the some pagan-like stuff. The Bible warns against communicating and entertaining other spirits - other than God.
aimoore2007 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I don't care if you know how to 'close a session' or not. Using a Ouija board is NEVER a good idea. When I have time, I will post some of my stories from my own experience with the board. Of course, now I understand *why* it's never a good idea. God warned us not to do such things. Demons are very crafty and can easily put on whatever appearance makes you comfortable in order to gain entry into your life. Anyhow, interesting story, and I hope that you learned;) 😉
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Ouija Boards are made to connect to the spirte world. Most of the time, nothing good can come from them. On the other hand, some things are good. I for one always use them but I study a certin thing that makes them fear me so there are a few spirtes that would try to harm me.
mzih8u (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Thats a freaky story.
I have never heard of a good experience with those boards.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Looks like you all don't really know how to dispose of the board. Well You can just burn it or do what ever with it IF THE SESION is closed the right way. The easyest way for a sesion to be close which is kind of weird, is to have a exocism done on it. Now about 1-7kai3. When engraved on any type of gem thing, it acks as a repelent for spirtes.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
I always heard that to properly dispose of an ouija boad you have to bury it on holy grounds.
Enjoyed the story! 😊
Tomo (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
Im not sure what she did with the board after that I never saw her again, no I never broke that shot glass in the end it got taken with her, so did the candles we used and the burnt insence rods? The crystal she gave me was a rose quartz I looked it up on the net, there wernt any engravings, what does that mean 1-7kai3
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
How did your aunt properly dispose of the board. I have always heard never to burn one that only let's the spirits roam free in the ashes, smoke and flames. I have never heard of anyone having any good experiences with ouja boards. Good story.
Zukismom
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
That was a scary story. The part where Nikki got cheesed of and asked "look is there anyone there or not" was funny.

What would be interesting to know is do you still have your crystal?
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
i had a deamon that followed me fo SEVEN months after I communicated with her. Your lucky your aunt helped you!
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
Your aunt must of closed the sesion. Asking, the crystal did you notice if it had a tiny (engraved like stratch) in it with an code like 1-7Kai3
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
wow how freaky, Did you get the glass broken in the end? Have you had any other experiences that may have been "ruth".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: