You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Great Great Aunt Ruth

Real Ghost Stories

My Great Great Aunt Ruth

 

My Great Great Aunt Ruth was my most favorite person in the entire world. I absolutely adored her and she adored me back. I was her sweetheart and she was mine. She was already in her 80's when I was born in 1991. I spent a lot of my childhood playing with her at her house, she was so sweet and at that age I probably wasn't so sweet but she loved me anyway.

My entire life I was told by her and other family members that she was old and that I would need to prepare myself for her to not be around. She lived to the ripe age of 99, I was 21 years old when she died.

The day of her passing I felt an extreme urge to leave work early to go see her in the hospital (she had a fall a few days before). I got there and she was napping the nurse came in and she had woken up, she didn't know I was there yet. I came and sat down next to her and told her I was there (she was mostly blind by now being 99). She asked me if she was home and I told her no that she was in the hospital. She told me that she was ready to die and every other time I heard her say that I would cry and cry, not ready for her to leave me yet. This time was different, I saw how much her fragile little body (she weighed 98 lbs) was suffering and I told her if she was ready to go she could go.

Within a few hours her condition deteriorated. By the time I got back to the hospital she was pretty incoherent. I walked to her bedside and took her hand and I said out loud that I loved her, she looked me right in the eye and plain as day said "I love you too." She died a few hours later when I was home in my bed.

My mother called me crying inconsolably when it happened. She said she just died 5 minutes ago and for some reason I felt relief. I did shed tears here and there but I felt so calm for some reason, unusually calm, so at peace with it. I almost felt bad that at times I couldn't cry. I think she knew that I would take it really hard so she surrounded me with her wonderful energy and I believe with all my heart this was her helping me through this.

Before she had died she had told me of occasions that her husband Rudy and her sister that had passed years before, that I never met, would come visit her in this reoccurring dream. They would come to the front door of her home and she would let them in and she would unpack a suitcase of theirs, clothing she remembered them wearing, and they would never speak to her, then they would repack the suitcase she just unpacked and left again. But before they went they would say "Come with me, Ruth" but she refused every time, not ready to pass yet as she knew they weren't alive.

My maternal grandmother also told me of a story Ruth told her right after her husband Rudy had passed. She said his silhouette appeared in her doorway as she was laying in bed, she told him he need to pass on and that she would be okay.

I think she told me the story about her dreams to let me know that is how she would come to me. I know this is not a dream interpretation site but it does pertain to my experience with my aunt.

A few weeks after her passing I had a dream of the house she lived in all my life. I knocked on the door and she was there, she was not as I remembered her, she was young with some color in her hair and an almost 70's style pants and jacket suit on. She looked so good and young and healthy. She told me that she was okay and that she would always be with me.

I have had more dreams about her also, she has brought my paternal grandmother with her in one dream as well. It has been a great comfort to me since she has passed, I miss her dearly but I can feel her all around me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alofty91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-05)
This is a beautiful story... I am so glad to read it... This is the proof how much power love has! Thank s for sharing ❤
Charucharmy (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-05)
its same like my own story my grandfather too passed out recently with same situation of disease. I can understand your feelings since I am too undergoinf the same.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
That was such a beautiful story. I was close to my great grandmother and when she passed I was not able to be by her side, so I can appreciate what you did for your aunt.
Jaxxxanator (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Alofty: I can relate to your emotions, when my dad passed, I had phases of crying vs peace as well, it was only later when my gift developed that I realised it was my dad's energy surrounding me, knowing how broken I would be after his death.

As for your family experienced dreams of their loved ones, It is a form of spirits coming through to you in the least "alarming" manner when your mind is truly open in a dream state. My mom experienced that with her father coming to her in a dream completely healthy to show and tell her that he was alright. You and your family have been truly blessed to be so surrounded by your loved ones:)
alofty91 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
I was so thrilled to see this was published. Thank you for your kind words! ❤ 😊
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
This is a very touching story. Your great great aunt sounded like an amazing woman and she continued to be so even after she passed. She isn't gone she is all around you loving and protecting you. She also likes to remind you so you can be at ease. Very very thankful you shared.
Gratefully,
Razor 😁
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Hello Alofty,
I wish I would have been so lucky as to have known your Aunt. Your love and dedication absolutely glowed through your words. You clearly describe and have well written each thoughtful line. Great job!
Death has not separated the two of you, but, only brought you closer.
This is one of my favorites.
Thank you for sharing.
Jan
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Alofty: this is such a lovely story.
I'm sure your aunt has come in your dreams to let you know she's fine and that her love for you didn't end with her passing.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: