You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House In England

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House In England

 

While I was in the military (USAF), one of my tours overseas was spent at RAF Upper Heyford, near Oxford, England. In fact, with extensions and a second tour, I spent a total of 11 years there.

Anyway, during my first tour I decided to move into a house in New Marston, a suburb of Oxford, that I shared with three other people. It wasn't a very old house; in fact, it was fairly modern. Not long after moving in, I was in the home alone having a bath when I heard 2 taps on the bathroom door. I figured one of my house mates had returned and so I yelled "yeah!?", but there was no answer. After finishing my bath, I had a look around and found that no one else was in the house.

I never really gave the incident a second thought. Then, as I continued my stay there, I began to notice in my peripheral vision (the corner of my eye) some movement on the stairs to the bedrooms or sometimes while I'm walking around up stairs. In both cases, I would turn in that direction and there would be no one there. After experiencing this a few times, I began to realize that THIS HOUSE IS HAUNTED! Then I would think back on the episode that occurred while I was in the bath and come to the scary conclusion that an apparition was making itself known to me. Yikes!

Other hauntings by Laxe

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Laxe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Hi enyapcire, welcome to YGS. 😊
We all come here looking for answers, or to find out that we are not crazy? 😕
Do you by any remote chance, have a relation living in South Africa, by the name of Henry? He would be classified as a senior adult now!
By the way, my youngest daughter worked for a Mrs. Van Maylin, in Reading. That was back in '91-'92. The said lady, owned a large manor there; maybe you know of it?
Wishing you all of the best,
Fergie
enyapcire (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
Hello Laxe
Read your story with interest. Just WHAT or WHO did knock on your door I wonder. I have no comments to make other than that I agree when you say that this country (UK) does seem to have more that its fair show of ghostly happenings. By the way, for a number of years my wife and I lived in Reading not far from Oxford.

Have only just signed up with this web site but will be posting our own strange experiences very soon - which includes what we encountered in a very old farm house when a daughter of mine got married, plus some very strange goings on in an old thatched cottage just across the road from us.
Laxe (6 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
I should have concluded my story with how long I actually stayed in that house in England. I was only living there for a few months before acquiring my own apartment or "flat" as they are called over there. I've never really had anymore encounters with apparitions during the rest of my tour: however, the U.K. Is known to be very haunted in some areas.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: