You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Father's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Father's Ghost

 

This actually happened to my daughter and her cousin. We were all at the funeral home. My dad had died of a brain aneurysm a couple of days earlier.

My daughter and her cousin were sitting out on the swing on the front porch of the funeral home. They were just sitting there talking when they looked over at the front porch steps. Sitting there was my dad, smoking a cigarette with his legs crossed, swinging his foot like he had always done. He looked over at them and smiled, and then disappeared.

They came inside where we were sitting, and told us what had happened. We were really surprised to hear what they had to say.

When everyone was standing at the gravesite, I looked over toward the trees, standing there was my dad holding my baby brother who had died at birth. I don't think anyone else saw him, even though my sisters and me have talked about it. They said they hadn't seen anything.

That same night my sister said she woke up; she was in a different room not her bedroom. She said it was totally dark except there was a bright light shining down on a casket. Every detail of the casket was visual. She said dad sat up in his casket and opened his eyes and said he was fine now.

Since that happened we are ok with him being gone, even though we love him and will miss him dearly. However this wasn't the last time we have seen his ghost.

More to come later...

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DixieChick101 (4 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
I do hope you will post more about your dad. Stories like yours warm the heart.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
PS - I can't wait to read more about your dad in your next story! Hope you write again soon! 😉
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
princess2 -
That is a beautiful story! It brought tears to my eyes. Your dad wants everyone to know he is fine, and he is watching over you. Thanks so much for sharing! 😁

Blessings to you!
ParaTam
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-29)
Wow, Sound we have something in common my father did smoke too of course cross his legs and yeah it pretty hard to lose loved one.
lupitabejarvera (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-28)
i think your father was letting you guys know that he is in a better place and that he will be watching over you guys ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: