You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Footsteps of my Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps of my Grandpa

 

I was not born yet when my grandfather died. His death anniversary is always celebrated and all of us gather at my grandmother's house to have a small party and sleep overnight there together with my cousins, uncles and aunties. My grandmother died year 1998.

But on his death anniversary, last 2003, we weren't able to celebrate it because of the reason that my auntie, the financier of the party, is somewhere else already so we decided we'll just visit my grandfather's grave and light a candle.

After our visit, I and my cousins went directly to my grandmother's house to watch a movie and have some snacks. I was 19 at that time and I was with my younger cousins. I felt sleepy while watching the movie and decided to sleep on one of the rooms at the house. I woke up suddenly and my cousins in the living room are shouting and was calling my name.

I went out of the room and my cousins were crying already and they told me that they heard footsteps going back and forth upstairs. We were sure no one was there because all of us were gathered in the living room to watch the movie.

I sat trying to pacify them and suddenly the footsteps were heard again. The floor upstairs is made of wood so we can clearly hear the noise coming from there. My cousins were screaming and it was becoming louder and louder like it was stomping its feet angrily. I freaked out, we all ran outside the house. We went home and I told my mom about what happened. She told us that it could be our grandfather trying to let us feel his presence. Mom told us he used to stomp his feet on the floor before to let everyone know he has arrived from work.

After that, whenever we're in my grandmother's house and we hear footsteps, we aren't afraid anymore. We just greet him and say "Hi there, Lolo" (nickname of endearment for grandfather in the Phils).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

flyffer (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-18)
it only means that your grandfather are not still in rest. He is still among us or he not even see the light through the underworld. You guys just offer some prayer so he may rest in peace.
peacemakerJohn (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
haaay... I miss my gramma so much now more than ever because of your story. Its very moving.
Oh and btw, my story is as true as it can get... Once I ain't got no more options I decided to run and find help. I know I endagered my life by doing that, but if my cousins won't do it, who will? Atleast if I distracted the beast by myself then I'd be able to save the lives of my cousins than to endager all our lives instead. That just seemed to be the most rational option I could think of at that time, it took me heck a lotta courage to do it too...
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-27)
awww that made me miss my grandpa... 😢

how I wish he would let me feel his presence too! 😭
jeromedelacruz (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
hi...this is jerome dela cruz from rated k, channel 2. The show hosted by korina sanchez. Nagpaparamdam pa din ba yung lolo mo? Where can I contact u? Kailangan lang talaga for this week's episode...thanks... Hope to hear you soon. This is my number, please contact me...09209530474
HannahE (5 stories) (9 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
thats kind of like mine actually. Except mine is of my neighbor. Anyway, I hope you get to actually meet him in his form. That would be cool. Just to talk to him again. :]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: