You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Footsteps

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Footsteps

 

I was lying in bed last Tuesday week the 30th April 2019. It was 7.15 a.m. I heard what sounded like dog footsteps (dog toenails clicking on wood) walking along the wooden verandah behind my bed, which is up against the Eastern bedroom wall. I thought it was my daughter's dog Pepper, as my daughter often drops her off here for the day whilst she is at work. As the footsteps turned around the North facing corner, they then changed to sounding like a light weight person in flat shoes with heavy heels, slowly, rhythmically walking along the verandah. I thought it was my daughter, and that it was very unusual for her to be walking around the back of the house, but thought she might have been going that way to sneak up on her Father, who was in the Family room watching t.v., and give him a fright. The footsteps walked past my bedroom sliding door to half way across the lounge room and stopped.

It was then that I felt this overwhelming feeling of FEAR and TERROR. I lay very still, with the covers up over my chin, not breathing. The footsteps came back to my sliding bedroom door and stopped (for what seemed f o r e v e r) but really I suppose was 20 seconds, then continued back to the corner of the house, around the Eastern corner, and then I couldn't hear them anymore.

My sliding door was open about 8 to 9 inches, and when I looked at the opening, there was nothing blocking out the sun, as there should have been, if someone was standing outside the door. I did not hear any footsteps coming up or going down the wooden steps which lead to the garage. Also we have two Rottweilers who sleep in the Garage, who bark at everything, and they didn't make a sound. We have a metal gate and chain you have to open to enter and leave our property, and no matter how hard you try, you cannot open or close it without rattling the gate. I did not hear the gate being opened or closed.

I lay in bed and felt a heavy (what I call a large black oval) shape pressing down onto my chest, and a feeling of real terror. I got out of bed and asked my husband if Pepper or my daughter was here, he said no. I texted my daughter to see if she had come over, she said no. This is just one of many strange instances (that I will add later) that have been happening in the last couple of months.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, janiso, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jemkat (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-04)
You sure this wasn't just sleep paralysis? Sounds like it tbh

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: