You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Footsteps On My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Footsteps On My Bed

 

I remember one specific night when people tell me about their paranormal experiences and I can remember it so clearly.

When I was much younger, maybe 5 or 6, I used to sleep with my mother on a king sized bed. We lived in a small trailer court in Alaska at the time and we lived a typical life, mundane and uneventful.

One night we were both sleeping in a dark room with no noises or family members around, yet something was going to wake us from our normal routine. I slept on the left side of the bed and my mother on the right side. There wasn't anything special about that day or night that could predict what was about to happen to my mother and I.

Out of nowhere I started rolling towards my mother to the point where I could open my eyes and be face to face with her. After a moment of confusion and not seeing anything in the room with us, my mother simply smiled at me and told me to go back to sleep and at the time I just did. I didn't think of the fact that it was just me and her there and what had awoken us from our sleep was footsteps walking between us from the foot our bed to our heads.

I can't think of why that had happened and it hasn't happened since, but the memory still haunts me. The feeling of the footsteps one by one, dragging me and my mother to the center of the bed are too real. They weren't light like a cats light steps, they were large and heavy like a grown man had just ran between us. I don't think my mother slept that night, or got much sleep after that for a while. It was the first experience I had with the paranormal but not the last.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rosebuds907, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-01)
Hi, Rosebuds907 -

Did you and your mom ever talk about what happened that night? Did she acknowledge seeing/feeling the same thing? Reason I ask, as a child, I would see and hear things and would call out to my mother. I remember her coming into my room and telling me to go back to sleep that everything is all right and she would lay down with me. Several times it appeared to me that she would see the same thing as me but the next day when I would talk to her about it she would tell me that I must have been dreaming, she never recalled being there and comforting me. Even though it felt real, I came to believe I was just dreaming.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: