You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Voice Amongst The Flames

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice Amongst The Flames

 

Over the past few months I have had encounters with demons. However, nothing that has happened has been as scary and unexplainable as what happened last night.

Last night I did the usual thing I do before going to bed. I let the cat in. (She sleeps in my room); I finished a book that I had been reading. Everything was pretty normal. Because I haven't had a demonic experience since my cat started sleeping in my room, I was under the impression that maybe her presence helped a bit. Silly, I know, but I do enjoy having her in my room. It provides a feeling of comfort knowing that you aren't alone at night. Well, apparently her presence does not keep demons away. Last night proved this.

I was lying in bed after having gone to the bathroom and gotten a drink of water. While I was walking back to my room, my little brother came out of his room to get a drink of water. It was about 4:00 am and for some reason I could not go back to sleep when I got back in bed. That was when I heard a noise coming from my brother's bedroom. My room is right next to my brother's room. My brother has a loft type bed with a trundle bed underneath. However, directly under his top bunk there is a sort of cubby. He uses it as a toy closet/storage/hideout sort of thing. The noise was coming from under there. It was a sort of knocking sound. At first I thought he might just be under there knocking in an attempt to scare me. However, the more I thought about it the more that idea sounded strange. My brother just turned 7 and has had demonic experiences as well. He is scared of the dark for the most part. For this reason I have a hard time believing he crawled down into his cubby in the dark to scare me. After all, he couldn't get down his ladder without me hearing him.

I listened to the knocking for a very long time. I was getting more and more frightened by the moment. It was then that I heard my brother cry out a couple times. I would have gone to him, but it was like I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't move at all. Finally my mom woke up and told him to come upstairs. I heard him climb down and go upstairs and talk to her. After awhile I heard him come back downstairs and climb back up his ladder. I did not hear anything after that, so I'm assuming he went back to sleep.

The knocking had stopped, and everything was quiet. I shut my eyes to go to sleep, but could no shake this funny feeling. I looked over at my cat and found her sleeping quietly by my side. I reached down to pet her and shut my eyes once more. It was then that I felt as if something bad as going to happen. Whenever I shut my eyes, the feeling was there. When I opened them, it was as if the feeling were very far off. So, seeing this as a "no brainer" situation, I decided to keep my eyes open. This worked for about two seconds, however, because something then closed my eyes for me. I felt like I was drugged. However, I wasn't sleeping. I was still fully awake. I reached over to try to feel my cat. However, a shock went through my body at that moment. It was then that I forced my eyes open to try to get just a glimpse of my cat to see if she was still ok. I only saw her for a split second before whatever it was closed my eyes once more. I was surprised to hear her purring and still quietly perched on my bed there beside me. But I could not touch her.

When my eyes closed, I was immediately transported to another scene. There was fire and I could see stuff burning. It was as if I was in a burning house or something. I could not feel the heat, but I could see the flames. I started praying but there was this horrible feeling that kept stopping me from doing so. I cannot explain that feeling. It made me sick. I was also feeling shocks run up and down my body. It was then that I had an idea. I don't really know where it came from or why I had it, but I began singing Amazing Grace. As I started to sing it, I was aware that whoever brought me to this burning house did not want me to sing. However, the feeling of being shocked was clearly getting less and less. I kept singing and found that every now and then the scene would get muddled (kind of like a TV station gets fuzzy) Every now and then it would get fuzzy and I could see my cat lying there on my bed. I could see my hand reaching out to her. I kept singing hoping that I could go back to my room and my bed soon. However, I could still see this burning building and it was as if I were in the middle of it. I was then that I heard a man's voice singing with me. This voice was followed by a woman's voice which was then followed by many voices. I could not see them, but they were singing with me. A few minutes later I was lying in my bed with my cat purring next to me as if nothing had happened.

So, what does it mean? I might never know. However, there is something I do know. It was an amazing grace that saved my soul.

Other hauntings by t3h_h0bbitz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, t3h_h0bbitz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
You know, the one thing that is sticking with me with this recounting is the actions of your cat. You state that you could clearly hear it purring as it lay there beside you.
Most generally, when faced with the possibility of a ghostly encounter, it would seem that MOST animals tend to make themselves scarce. Of course, all animals act differently, but it is an odd thing that this family protector (you said you felt comfort with it just being in the room with you) would PURR throughout a demonic encounter.
This MAY all be in a definition issue, I think. This really does not appear to be demonic, to me. It does appear to be a bit more of an understanding of the situation type of thing, however. Your interpretation, through what you have been taught thus far, would have you know these to BE demonic presences.
It really does sound as if your support group rose to the occasion and helped you through this, did they not? Nice to know, that when we think we are at are most helpless, there are those who will be there to be helpFUL.
Thank you.
elawton1980 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-09)
Were you under any particular stress at the time that this happened? I don't know you, of course, or what your religious background is. But are you in a church that likes to preach that hellfire and damnation stuff? If so, it could be that your suppressed (or even known) fears caused some kind of hallucination or just a bad dream that seemed very real. We all have times when we wonder "did I actually do or say or hear that, or was it a dream?" because our brains can get overworked. Without knowing your age, it's hard to say what's happening to you, but I can say that during the teenage years, it is a time of great emotional upheaval. That is when many people have some of their most vivid, and often frightening, paranormal experiences and their most vivid dreams. I hope for your sake it is just a dream. If you are getting preached that hellfire type stuff, please try to let that go and develop some other type of belief system, because belief in that stuff can cause serious psychological damage.
t3h_h0bbitz (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
Zoajet:

We are the original owners of the house and I was not able to find anything strange about the property my house was built on.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
Again this very well could be a sleep disorder. Sleep paralysis. This can run in families as well. If you are assuming it's demons then I would have to surmise you know about demons from your religious background or tv and movies. The fact that your cat didn't react just makes me think even more that it was a dream. Maybe a very vivid dream but that is not uncommon among teens.
creazyn (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
thats a scary story its chilling too I thought it was like about hell do to the fire thing lol but good luck.
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Your experience sounds...well...terrifying for lack of better word. I too advise a cleansing or blessing of the home, however, if the cleansing evokes more experiences, it would be safer to move.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
I agree with Christa. You should try to keep some religious objects in your room, or try praying and such before you go to sleep. I'm also wondering who, or what, were the voices that sang with you. Past family members watching over you, or perhaps just good people that wanted to help for one reason or another?
Christa (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
It is really a uncommon story. I hope the activity has diminished. SInce It doesn't appreciate tou pray, have you tried to have your house blessed? Or have some religious objects in your room?
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Ok tgats not common at all. Every day some one is in the their world when awake, dream world when sleeping and not every one goes to the spirit world. What you make it sound like was you seemed to of cross a border of time and was in all 3 at once. It was a type of spirit protal but wasn't a normal type at all. The burning house may of been your own house in the future or past and when you sing the song, the vision started to brake. The others that sung with you may have been people who were killed in there. Search the house history and see if anything weird happen there befor you lived in there.
bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
This is a pretty crazy experience. Are you sure you didn't doze off?
Wow, I would have been terrified after having something like that happen to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: