You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Demon Met His Match

Real Ghost Stories

The Demon Met His Match

 

It has been awhile since I've had any kind of demonic experience. Life has been good and I've been growing in the Lord. But every once in awhile I still think about my experiences. In the past, thinking about it has never caused anything to happen... Until now.

A few weeks ago I found myself thinking about my experiences. It has never bothered me to think about it or even talk about it. So I went to my mom and asked her why these things happen. We had a very long talk about it and about what to do if anything ever happened again. She told me of one of her experiences and it chilled me to the bone.

My mom's experience happened to her when she was at church one Sunday. She was sitting there listening to the preacher and all of the sudden, instead of his head and face, she saw a monster-looking thing with huge eyes. It only lasted for a split second, and she wasn't even sure that it happened. Because of this, she didn't say anything.

However, later that day someone from the church called my grandparents and asked my grandmother and anyone in our family if they had seen anything strange during the service. When my mom came home later that day, my grandmother asked her the question. It was then that the memory came rushing back to my mom and she screamed. Because of this experience and because she told me that the eyes were huge, I can only assume that somehow my experience with the eye thing and hers are linked. It cannot be through family because I am adopted. Perhaps they are only similar looking demons.

After my mom told me this story, I was disturbed by it. But I didn't talk about it anymore. A few nights later my little brother slept in my room on the floor. When I fell asleep, I was awakened a few hours later feeling that someone or something besides my brother was in my room. Instantly I closed my eyes. I could feel whatever it was at the head of my bed. After awhile I opened one eye only to discover a shadow in the shape of a person standing over me. All I could see was a torso and legs. I didn't dare look up for a face.

I quickly shut my eyes and started to say "Lord" in my head. I didn't even try to say it out loud because I knew I probably wouldn't be able to speak anyway. I kept saying that and started to feel the shock coming on. However, it was not as strong as it was in the past. I kept saying "Lord" and then something really strange started happening. I started to see light even though my eyes were closed. When you're outside in the sun and you close your eyes, do you not see red? Well, I saw white. I didn't want to open my eyes because I though that demon might be doing something. However, I was baffled by the low intensity of the shock. I could move. If I had tried to speak, I probably could have.

After awhile I heard something. It was like the sound of fireworks and strong wind and water mixed together. I looked with both eyes even though I was scared. It was then that I discovered a light coming from the foot of my bed. It was like someone was lying on the floor shining up a light. I was still aware of the shadow standing over my head, but when I looked at the light, the shock felt even less intensifying. I closed my eyes because I thought it might be something bad, but then the shock started to get intense again. I quickly caught on and opened my eyes again to stare at that light. That's when the strangest thing happened.

I kept staring at that light and it started getting brighter. I found that It was so bright that I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. When I closed my eyes I didn't feel the shock, so I kept them closed. I had stopped praying by now and was feeling perplexed by everything. My eyes were still closed, but I sensed that that light was moving. In fact, I know it was. The sounds were getting louder and it felt like it was hovering over me. It was then that I sensed that the shadow had released its grip on me completely. It's like it couldn't do anything to me.

After a few seconds I opened my eyes slightly and both beings were right next to each other. And yet, the light was so bright that I could barely see the dark shadow anymore. Still, I could sense that it was still there. It was as if the light had pushed the shadow as far away as possible, I remember looking up and feeling as if I was seeing good and evil at war. After awhile they both left and I was wide awake. I wasn't scared like I normally am. All I did was pray and thank God that the demon had gone. I fell asleep almost immediately.

I believe it was either an angel or God coming to fight that demon. I have not seen that bright light since. It was not some tiny orb that floated around my room. It was not some white sheet "good ghost". I think it was a real angel and I am in awe of what a powerful God I have. "Greater is he that is in you, than he that it is in the world."

The funny thing? It only happened when my six-year-old brother slept in my room. Since that night I have had quite a few experiences, but have not experienced that light. I have felt something watching me as I sleep. It seems like it is coming from the doorway. Most of the time I pray silently until it leaves. But if my little brother sleeps in my room, I can sleep without waking up to a presence. This baffles me and I often wonder if it's because he's as young as he is. Maybe he is protected. Then again, my first experience happened when I was five.

When I think back to that experience, I am reminded of Matt 28:20 "AND LO I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS EVEN TO THE END OF THE AGE" And it doesn't matter how many more experiences I have. I'm safe. I'm safe in knowing that nothing can happen to me without God's permission. I'm safe because I know that there is a power greater than that of any shadow, eye, or presence. The demon met his match.

Other hauntings by t3h_h0bbitz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, t3h_h0bbitz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Autumnbaby (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-13)
Yes God is always good! Prayers to you and your family. I loved this story. It is always nice to hear of such wonderful works of the Lord.
PrincessMegan27 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-17)
God is always GOOD! I believe in that I'm glad God was watching over ypu and keeping you safe and everything My God is great and my true hero Demon will always lose everytime! 😁
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Remember, God loves us as we are his children, I've never dealt with demons only tortured souls who are afraid of going into the light and somewhat friendly spirits who comfort me when I'm afraid at night. Like someone touching my hand or just feeling that feeling of peace. Always know light will overcome darkness, Katherine ❀
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
I am confused.
Did OTHERS see this "transformation" of your Pastor that day, and THAT is why they asked about it? It would be rather odd for someone just to call on someone and say "Oh, and by the by, did you happen to notice that Pastor's face shifted right in the middle of the sermon?"
AND if THEY (meaning your Mother and whoever else MAY have witnessed this happen) did all witness it, WHAT did your religious community DO about it? Was the question just asked, and then they sighed in relief thinking "Oh, Thank Heavens. Here I thought I was just seeing things..."
Still wondering.
Sometimes, though, things that have us pondering them come back to invade our free time. They cause us to think a bit more on them, and to keep them stuck in our heads. As a result, we SOMEtimes dream about (day dreaming or night dreaming, both have happened) them either as we THINK the situation to be, or how our mind comprehends the entire thing.
Thank you.
amkoreann (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
man, awesome story.

I hope you can sleep safely from now on.

Always remember to have God on your side.

God Bless.
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Hi t3h_h0bbitz,

Always remember that the love god holds for us, his children, is vast and truly immeasurable!

You were very lucky to have actually witnessed this for yourself. Many people stumble through life with a blind faith, never having experienced any concrete evidence.

You my friend have, and how happy and enriched your life should be as a result,

My prayers are with you,

Sarah❀
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
great story. I loved it. Has anyone heard that a white feather being found in unlikely places means that an angel has visited that place?.
Malavon (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
I forgot to say that if you ever need any help with demonic attacks and you have reached a point that you don't know what to do you can e-mail me. I am a christian and I have many demonic experiences in the past and present and we shall discuss a course of action.Farewell.
Malavon (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-27)
I will no say "Don't fear them" because any demonic attack that strikes a person is just like the first one. My friend rise up against them with courage. Faith is your weapon and love is your shield!
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
This story truly shows the strength of of what convection and belief will do for you. Unfortunately, due to my lack of conviction and belief, such tactics have failed for me in the past and I have had to resort to other measures. If it was truely "god's" will, then he seems to only help those who believe. Nice.
Vero (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
May God bless and protect you and your family. What you experienced was a demonic attack. It has happened to me 😭.
Jaleigh (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Awesome story. You're right though, God is always with you, watching over you, protecting you. God strength will always prevail over evil. God bless and good luck to you.
Nexus997 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
wow absolutely incredible I applaud your bravery and courage

As a fellow christian I too believe in god
I believe that he is watching over us all
I think god sent a dead relative or a gaurdian angel to battle with the demon
Either way like you said he met his match

God bless you
😊
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Absolutely incredible. God is Good! Keep God with you and He will always protect you.

Blessings.
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
I think it's your guardian angel or maybe a dead relative trying to protect you. 😊
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
this story I believe truly does show the strength of God. He will always protect you and he knows when you need him most. As a fellow christian I applaud your strength and courage and I know God will bless your life greatly as long as you continue to seek him and completely have faith and trust in him
jesusfreak777 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Praise God my Brother in Christ! That is amazing. You are exactly right. God will protect you. I have had my fare share of crazy experiences and every time I was never harmed for God is with me at all times.

"What time I am afraid I will trust in Thee." That promise is in Psalm 56:3.

God will always care for you and protect you for as long as you believe in him!

God bless you keep the faith strong!

Bless you,Brandon

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: