You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Kingston And Fort Henry Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Kingston And Fort Henry Haunting

 

Being able to see things otherworldly have only come to me recently, but I try my best to not get scared. Still, though, I sometimes do. For example, the night in Kingston.

Because the people who experienced this with me do not want to be identified I'll call them by aliases. So, I was going to Kingston with my friend, Kim, and her family, her younger sister Leah, and parents, Carol and John. We were going to spend two nights at a relatives place. The relatives, Jen and Dean, had just moved in. The home was new but had been built on very old land. The previous home that stood there was 150 years old.

The day we arrived I looked at the home and thought 'Wow, that's creepy.' A black cat with a silver stripe across its back was sitting in a second story window. Leah ran to the door and flung it open and Jen and Dean greeted us. They were warm and welcoming. As soon as we were situated and unpacked, I told Kim about the cat. I wanted a cat and liked them very much, so we went looking for the one I saw. "Gloria, I don't think they have a cat." Kim told me. But I insisted, so we went searching. We found no cat.

That night at dinner we discussed it. Jen admitted they had no cat and I assumed that perhaps I saw a stuffed animal or maybe even a picture or sculpture. But the room I saw it in was next to ours, and there was no cat, sculpture, painting or anything.

The next night we went for a tour of Fort Henry, a famously haunted fort. It was beautiful, but also creepy. The guide explained that homes close to the Skeleton Park were almost all haunted. My jaw dropped. We... Were...so...close!

After that I saw another cat. It was tabby and brown. It was in the hallway to our room. I don't know why I was seeing these cats. I was not under any influence (I was 13) and I was and am mentally well.

The only other thing that happened was when I was in my room packing. The closet, which remained empty our entire visit, had noises emanating from it. The noise was something of a moan and squeak. I was the only one upstairs, and only Carol and Leah were in the kitchen downstairs and John was in the dining room. The closet doors began to shake violently. I shrieked and leapt down the stairs.

I have never been back to the house, but on the last day, about 2 hours after the closet incident, me and Kim went to a dilapidated barn next to the house. We saw many cats in there, most likely why I saw the phantom cats in the house.

Hopefully, the cats went home and won't be bothering Jen and Dean anymore.

Other hauntings by gloriavox123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gloriavox123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Septura (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
Amazing stories! The lady at the prince george gave me shivers O___O You held your composure better than I would have! If you're interested, feel free to check us out on facebook we've made a group for kingston and surrounding area hauntings!
Https://www.facebook.com/groups/KPAfterDark/
maria1234 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
The Concertband at my school took a trip to Kingston and we toured this place... As soon as we got off the bus I looked around and I was like "this place is haunted, isn't it" I could just tell that it would sorta of be the place that would be haunted... Espically when we were touring around the cells where soliders would have to sleep, I just had that feeling that it was haunted... Weird huh
katheartsu (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-04)
I live in kingston I find we have a lot of hauntings. I have been to fort henry 3 times and never seen any haunting but most of the pics I have taken have had orbs in them. I have heard that most places by skelton park are haunted but since I have never been in one I probaly wouldn't know. Yes Kinston is in Ontario:)
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
I'm from Ontario and yes, Fort Henry and Kingston are in Ontario. I have seen many ghost/ spirit animals. They seem to favor me over the human ones. Unfortunatly, the human ones that DO favor me usually aren't very nice. 😢

Goddess Bless.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Wow Interest Story, I never been to canda either but My friend live there. Cats I am Cats lover.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
Thanks for sharing ❤ Very interesting story and the area sounds pretty rad too:) Do you know if the owners Jen and Dean had any experiences? Before or after you went there?
gloriavox123 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
I believe it is in Ontario. Though I'm not completely sure! But the tour we took was led by some people in downtown Kingston, so you'd have to go there to get the night tour (which we took).
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-13)
That was a really cool story. Thanks for sharing! 😁 I have never been to Canada before, but if I ever go, I'll have to check the fort out. Which province is it in?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: