You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Falstaffs Missing Pen

Real Ghost Stories

Falstaffs Missing Pen

 

We've done hundreds of investigations over the UK and one of the experiences that I really remember was at a location called The Falstaff's Experience in Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.

This experience occurred in the first room that you enter the barn. I was sat there with 6 lady investigators and after performing our baseline tests, we started to feel uneasy. All of a sudden, one of the team noticed a large iron chain that was tacked to the far end door frame was swinging.

Now, we couldn't be certain that it wasn't already swinging when we arrived in the room as it was pitch black and we hadn't ventured to the far door at this point. We decided to stop the chain and ask if there was anyone there that had moved it if they could start to move it again. It started to move ever so slowly, but it did indeed move from a stop.

I asked the team to write this down in their investigation pack, however their pen had disappeared! We had everyone looking in their pockets, on the floor, behind their ears, everywhere. It was no where to be seen.

The atmosphere started to feel really negative and started to make all of us very dizzy, sick and disorientated. Four of the team had to leave and I stayed with the remaining two. The chain was still slightly swinging and the two investigators decided that they would take a photo. After some fumbling about in the dark the cameras came out, but for some reason, both of them wouldn't turn on. It appeared as though both cameras batteries had drained completely.

As they were fiddling about with the cameras, trying to get them to come on, I just turned to look at them and offer my torch to illuminate the area. As I did I caught the sight of a small object falling horizontally from the ceiling! It made us all jump out of our skins as it hit the wooden floor, looking down we saw the missing pen!

To this day I have no explanation as to how that pen appeared to materialize out of 'thin-air'. I know that there was no one in the room that could have thrown it, there was nowhere for it to fall from the ceiling either. It is a complete mystery and an experience that I'll never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormaltours, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
agree with DARKNESS. Something in that dark room want an attention. And I wonder much on the mystery of that room. Please keep us posted for your updates. Thanks. Keep on posting stories.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
Interesting story, someone or something sure wanted to make its prescence known thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: