You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedroom Door & The Black Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Door & The Black Shadow

 

One night about three o'clock in the morning my cousin and I were in my bedroom sitting on the bed just talking about life. I kept hearing these weird noises which sounded like foot steps going up and down the stairs. About five minutes later the noises stopped right by my door. So I asked my cousin to go shut the door. She did as I asked but when she was going to shut it this black shadow of a man walked right passed my bedroom door. She quickly shut the door and hurried back to my bed.

She was about to tell me something when all of a sudden my door made this loud noise. We both looked by the door and tried to figure out what could have made the noise. I kept getting the felling that someone besides my cousin was with us before long I finally fell asleep.

Since this strange happening, the clock in the living room keeps making this ticking sound when it doesn't even have batteries in it.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences, if so please contact me.

I really would like to figure out what is going on.

I will be posting more stories that have happened to me or my family soon.

If any one has any questions I will answer all of them.

My name is tanaesha and my cousins' name is tera. She was also freaked out by it. She hasn't been over at my house for awhile.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shawn4lyfe801, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Catrina (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
If you read my story "Closet Door" you will see some similarities in our stories. I too was a teenager and the incidet started with a shadow.

I find the clock you describe disturbing because the image I saw of the man in the hat looking down at an oversized watch has haunted me for years (a message having to do with time perhaps).

I'm unable to provide answers, but I feel that I was suppose to get a message that had something to do with time.

Enjoyed your story, wish I had more insight.

Peace, Catrina
mulvey (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Tonith,
There may be a logical explaination for what happens at my house, but I doubt it. It was built in 1871 and has seen a lot of things in it's day. I prefer do go with the flow as opposed to trying to figure it out. But thanks for the advice...
If I may comment to all the readers here, Life is too boring and unmagical when we spend all our time passing off the unknown as coincidence and explainable. Use your imaginations and don't be so scared to believe what you hope to be true.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
mulvey
You say that with such calmness lol. Had that been me I don't know what I would have done. I do know that certain areas with high levels of limestone, quartz or granite can produce strange effects on battery operated things. Don't know if this is the case in your area but I just thought I would throw that out there.
mulvey (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
I'm not sure about the shadow, but in my daughters toy room one of her battery operated horses kept coming on by itself. Figured it was broken so I took out the batteries. To my surprise a couple nights later it turned on again, I checked and there were no batteries in it. "Surprise Surprise Surprise.
Even though my daughter has out grown the horse I keep it here for the ghost to play with.
cilenga124 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
Hey tanaesha,
I wanted to let you know that something simlar happen at my great grandma's house when my mom was little. A radio that was not even hooked up to the speakers was lited up and playing full blast. My other grandma and grandpa did not hear it. But, my mom and great grandma did and then it went off as if it did not come on. Plus, they alawys seen dark figures walking from room to room and when they went to the rooms they were ice cold. Years later they found out that the house was built on a unmark cemutary, and that is why all those things happened. I wish you luck on finding out what is happing in your home
Goodbye, if you have any question or need help contact me.

😁
Akash (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Hi,
tanaesha,tera

Hey watever happened with you people if its true I must say there somthing wrong going around in your house+ how its possible that your clock is ticking sounds without battries in it. Its really horrible. Hey will you help me about the history of your house because I'm sure that this spirit want to explain you somthing in really clear manner but your not able to get it or thier is some bad experience in your house in the past that's why iam asking the history of your house might I can tell you more about it. If you want to solve this problem you have to share more about the same incident might you can get more details about it. You can contact me on my email akash.cyrus8 [at] gmail.com

Thanks akash
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
There seems to be some truth in the theory that teens attract ghosts. I don't know what the shadow was but wood can expand and contract so that may be the reason for the bedroom door noise. I don't know about ticking sounds but clicking sounds can mean something is trying to manifest. A lot of these weird things happening could mean something in the house is attracted to your energy. What to do about it is the question. There are many on this site who can give you that information. Sometimes if a ghost is not annoying you can just acknowledge it's presence and ask it to behave if it's going to share space with you. Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: