You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Walk Down The Beach & The Fisherman

Real Ghost Stories

A Walk Down The Beach & The Fisherman

 

It was the weekend all of our other friends were away, so there were only three of us, we were soooo bored! With nothing to do we decided to go for a walk on the beach.

It was about 12:30 in the afternoon when we left my house we walked toward the beach it took about 20mins to get there, we carried on walking as it was a nice sunny day! After a while our legs started to get sore so we sat down on the rocks, not far away from the sea. We sat talking for a bit but eventually we began to notice that there was no one on the beach, even though on a day like that it would usually be packed!

After a while one of my friend's heard a yell, it sounded like a man shouting for help. We all jumped up and looked around it seemed as though no one was near, the noise seemed to grow louder we eventually saw what looked like a man from a distance drowning in the sea so we ran as fast as we could towards him

He was being washed up to shore as we reached him he seemed to just stand up as though nothing was wrong. One of my friends was asking him questions but he just stood there blankly and never answered. He was wearing a fisherman's outfit that looked raggy and old.

We thought we heard voices we turned around and shouted for help, as we turned back towards the fisherman he had vanished into thin air there was no foot prints or a trail, nothing at all.

The lady that we had shouted to came over and was wondering what was going on and we asked her if she had seen the fisherman that had been on the beach, she was confused she hadn't seen a man only us and herself were on the beach but agreed that there was a sudden mist and chill through the air!

To this day we still think about the fisherman!

One of my friends thinks he was fake while the other thinks he just left, but I think it was a ghost,

What about you?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cojomel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sinisterrotica (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-19)
its some unholy spirit... If you guys werent drunk or stoned, its creepy indeed ha ha ha 😁
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-25)
probably a ghost. Died way back before and just don't have any idea about it.
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
Nah that was a ghost, a fair dinkum ghost, mate. If you didn't hear the bugger running off or no sign of tracks, yep a ghost
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Sounds like a ghost to me as well, especially if there was no track and you only looked away for a second, it seems you would have heard the person running away or getting back into the water if you were that close to him. Pretty cool experience though!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
I don't think the 3 of you were hallucinating. You all saw the same thing. Good question by hollyhobby. You all looked away for a second? Real people don't move that fast but ghosts can vanish very fast. Maybe it was someone who died there years ago and while you interacted with it, it didn't seem to interact with you which leads me to believe whatever it was it was residual. This may be like a recording that gets played whether someone is around to see it or not. Limestone, granite, quartz (you mentioned sitting on rocks) combined with salt water can produce a kind of battery charge which in turn can produce paranormal activity. This is the theory. You got to see a full blown, solid apparition which most of us will never experience.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
I'm honestly on the fence about this one.

Did you all turn from this man at the same time and for a spilt second? Was there ANYWAY we could have walked away... Or even swam? Could he have ducked by some rocks?

My first reaction was "sounds like a drunk/bum who got too close to the water".

If this was a ghost... Talk about an encounter. Maybe it really was...

Did someone drown at that beach? Is it known for fishermen?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: