You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: I Saw The Shadow Of My Dead Dog

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw The Shadow Of My Dead Dog

 

My lovely dog Tara died on Friday the 13th - 13th of June 08.

I remember the day greatly, Tara was a German shepherd, and around were I live its common there back legs usually go, Tara's were nearly gone, she was 10 years old when another illness struck her, She kept coughing, and sounded like she couldn't breathe, and she used to collapse and couldn't move for about a minute, we knew it was her time, the morning of 13th of June I heard her crying outside (she slept outside there with my other German shepherd Savi) and I could hear her coughing, I sobbed in bed, but then I went down because I couldn't bare it, I lay with her on my quilt, all she kept doing was given me her paw when she struggled too breathe, a few hours after that, she was put to sleep.

I cried for days, and I still cry now, I had her for 10 years, and I loved her very much.

In the pen were Tara and Savi lived, there is a huge shed made of a kind of metal.

Last night I went to feed Savi. I looked down the yard, to see if Savi was there because he usually was, and he wasn't, so I assumed he was in his bed. When I turned back round from giving him water I seen my own reflection in the shed, but I also saw a shadow move across the shed, the shape of a German shepherd dog, my conscious mind soon kicked in, when at first I thought it was Savi walking behind me, but realized he was in his kennel, I watched the shadow move across the shed, it was over in seconds, I turned around to scan, nothing was there.

I shouted Savi to double check, and he woke up in his kennel across the garden, was my beloved girl?

She died a year in 18 days from this.

My mum said I must have imagined it, but I know what I saw, and I'm sure it was her; it was her height, the way she looked when she used to walk. It scares me, but I hope I see her again.

Am I just loosing my mind? Or has this happened to anyone else, I hope it was real, and I'm sure it was, what you guys think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashbash, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

yewrie (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
I have my dog golden retriever for almost 5 years she died 6 days ago and I have this experience of seeing her visibly in my room where we both sleep together. I'm in a table fixing jars arrangement for picture taking door is open and lights on inside my room (tables near my door)...i just focus my attention looking for good angle when a movement beside my eye caught my attention inside my room and saw first her paw moving and her entire face looking on me she exactly in front of her water bowl where I didn't remove because my other dogs used to drink on it too... She is absolutely 90%clear on my sight for 5 seconds looking at me in happy face my sister who is happen besides me taking pictures too ask becauseshe saw me stunned and I said I saw her! I saw my dog... We both got goosebumps but I was delighted and happy I just felt the bond we both share together and always be even death separates us my love and memories we share will always in my heart ❤
TsukiHirosue (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-28)
This happened to me too. I had a female German Sheperd and a male one, too. Suki (the female), died on July 15, the night after my birthday. I was weeding the garden, when my male dog Pax, starting whimpering, then he ca me over to me and licked my hand. I made my way towards the shed, and heard a bark coming from behind the shed. Then, Suki came out from behind the shed and dissappeared when she was inches away from me. Pax seems to notice her ghost, too. Every July 15, I lay a bouquet of prim-roses behind the shed in Suki's honor.
giannis2711 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Dude I am so touched of your story, people can evolve so many realationships with animals that even dead they can send them messages from dreams or in real world just like humans do when they die. My beloved Dock wasn't just my pet it was my brother we slept together we were chasing cats together we would go out all day and play forever, hahaha so many good memories. It wasn't just a simply basic connection we were one, really!. He died in accident at 27 December 2009, yeah 3 days before Cristmas. I don't have feelings since then and it is the only thing I can cry for, so I have seen him many times in my dreams but one time yesterday I felt a such big connection in my dream when I was seeing him as he was watching me. It was a such a deep feeling that I could really tell it was him for sure I could feel him again. So if you felt a big deep connection that time I am sure it was girl out there, believe it or not they always keep an eye on us they just like us they have their own IMMORTAL souls and they go to heaven too. It is natural to see them time to time if you had this special connection to them thay always be with you even they are dead. Its not over yet, our time will come eventually and when we go to heaven we meet them again 😊 😊, and when I go to heaven the first thing I am going to do is give him the bigest hug I can!
Daizin (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
In my bedroom, sitting at the desk, working on the computer, something moving caught the corner of my eye. Looking down, a dark shadowy figure was coming out from under the desk. As it moved in the direction of the bed, across the room, I could clearly see this shadowy figure was in the shape of a black dog. Although, ghostly, the entire body, head, nose, 4 legs, and tail, as well as, the legs moving, walking, were unmistakable. The legs appeared to be a bit stiff, but moving so that spaces between them could easily be observed. The paws, not clearly visible, appeared to touch the carpet lightly, unlike a living dog. It continued to move towards the bed very slowly, through it, and disappeared.

My large, black, 3-year-old dog died, traumatically and unexpectedly, the night before this event. I knew immediately it was my dog. I couldn't believe my eyes, at first, but it was as real as I see my living dog now, except it was a shadowy dog. He loved my other smaller dog lying on top of the bed. Walking towards her made sense, since he would want to be with her, as much as, with me. I did not see him again. Could he have been lying at my feet, under my desk for a while? Had he been there earlier spending time with my smaller dog?
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
That stuff happened to me, too. My cat Sophie died on 1/10/08. She liked to play in the bathtub, and sometimes when I walk past the bathtub, I can see her sitting there. But I go to look again, there's nothing there. For me, it's heartbreaking - I really miss her. So you are not alone. 😭
cmontgomeryx (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-14)
I know somebody who seen his dead dog walk across the kitchen floor, sorry to hear about your loss by the way 😭: (.
You seen a shaddow of your dog because you were very sad that she died and your mind wants him to still be alive, your mind is trying to bring him back. But I am no expert, I think it was your doggy:) just coming to tell you she is alright. I personaly think that when you die, you don't die, your body becomes all old and warn out and that dies, you dont, or if you are in a car crash or what not, your body becomes damaged, it dies, you dont, you live on. Its hard to explain really. Atleast your dog is no longer in pain, she can live freely from now on and still come back to visit you whenever she wants, or when you do. All you need to do is call for her. I hope when my dog passes on she comes back to see me, she is only 2. A basset hound. 😁 😁 she is still with you, in your hearrttt xxxxxx
GhostHunter96 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
You know its weird we have a pet cemitary by our house and it has all of our cats and dogs that we have had, and at night you can hear whinning and you feel like a cat has jumped on the bed and so on its weird 😲
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your special dog. I do believe that animals have a spirit that lives on. I had a German Sheppard mix when I was a young girl. The dog and I were very close. After she died, I heard her collar tags jingling as I walked and had a good cry. I have loved and lost many beloved pets over the years. I have never seen any after they passed, but I have heard and felt them. I know it's sad to lose your dog, but she's free now and her hind legs are no longer causing her pain. I think you'll meet again. If you get a new puppy, you may just see some of Tara's traits in her! Thanks for shareing! Peace, Celtcharm
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
It may have been your dog just going on with her life. It could be the dog is there all of the time but you just can't see it.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I think it was your mind being so used to her and her shadow that you saw it. It seems you loved your dog very much.
silverlemons (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
That was a sad story. 😭 But I really hope that you see your dog again, and sorry about the loss of your dog. I lost a dog once, it was very sad.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
I think the mirrors are possessed and used by the former owner. The shadow ghost you saw, just my opinion was the former owner of the mirrors. Maybe you should sell them, or break them.

Thanks for sharing,
Spica ❤
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
I think it was your dog that you saw. It's comun for animal spirits to visit their owners after they've past away. I've had a similiar expirience and know what it feels like to lose an animal compnion.

Sorry for your loss. 😢
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Yuffie- I don't think I could bear having a little kitten of mine gone! (I have 4 as of now) I'm so sorry for your loss.

As for the story. I'm sorry to hear your dog passed, it actually made me tear up, it's so hard to lose a furry friend. But you know your dog cares because she stopped by to see you:)
Yuffie (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
This has also happened to me. I had a kitten named Cubbie. He was pure black with blue eyes. When he was 9 days old his mother stopped taking care of him so I took him and took care of him. When he was 14weeks old he got caught under my moms chair and died when she leaned back in the chair. I still see him running around, and sometimes I will awake to see a little black furry shape laying right next to my head on my pillow (where he used to sleep).

❤ Yuffie ❤
deb01 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
I've also have had this happen. My beloved Sam died Jan 12 of this year 09 I had him 12 years and he died in my arms from cancer. About a month ago I was washing dishes and I looked out the window to my back yard and I saw my Sam man standing there in the back yard looking at me. He looked happy. I did a double take and he was gone. So I do know what you mean. They sometimes will come back to let us know they are ok and are happy. ❤
Chaos (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
I have had that happen of sorts. After my dog died. Which I had for all my life I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom and in the reflection of the mirror I saw the eyes of my dog in the dark doorway that was adjacent to the bathroom. It was the perfect height of my dog and for the longest time I thought it was a demon animal but I came to realize that it may have been my dogs eyes. So you aren't the only one. Some times I feel that my dead cat is also lurking around here like she used to.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: