You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Voices in the Night

Real Ghost Stories

Voices in the Night

 

I have so many stories, it was honestly hard for me to decide which one I wanted to write about first. This happened about two years ago, when my family and I had moved into our new apartment. At first there was nothing strange about the place, it seemed quiet. Weeks after being there, I was sleeping and had this strange dream about a ghost being in the house. It was so weird because the dream felt SO real that I woke up. When I woke up, I was really afraid and I knew it wasn't just a dream. I had the dream because in reality, there was really something in the house. I get feelings and have dreams that happen, that is how I know this. I just laid there and started praying so I could fall asleep because I was super scared and I could feel there was something in there. I fell asleep and nothing happened for a couple of days, until I was in my room trying to sleep.

As I was falling asleep, I heard this laugh that sounded kind of like a duck sound. It's so hard to explain but it didn't scare me then, because it kind of sounded like my dad and so I thought it was probably him. I fell asleep and I woke up to that laugh again. I walked out of my room and went into the living room and asked my dad and brother to stop playing around because I was trying to sleep. They both looked at me like they didn't know what I was talking about. Neither of them had gone near my room. I was a little scared at this point but knew I had to ignore it and go back to bed. Well for the third time I woke up to the laugh again, but this time closer to my ear it seemed like. Nobody was awake at this time so I knew for a fact it wasn't my dad, mom or brother etc.

The next day I told my family about it and they believed me because stuff like this always happens to me and I usually experience everything first. After a couple of more days went by, I started to hear things all the time, especially when it got dark out. Sometimes I would even hear things that nobody else could hear. One night while I was watching tv with my friend Lily, while she waited for her ride, she looked at me and asked "aren't yall going to get that". I had no idea what she was talking about. She said someone knocked on the door. I looked out and even opened the door and no one was there. She left, and then about 30 minutes later, as I continued to watch TV, I hear a knock at my door. I looked at my parents and they seemed to not have heard or noticed that someone was at the door. I asked them if they were going to answer it, but they just simply told me they didn't hear anything (NOTE: our couches and TV were right there where our front door was, so there's no way that both of my parents couldn't have heard the knocking). I went to the door and looked out and nobody was there, I even walked further down from the door to see if whoever it was could be found but saw no one. I came in and sat back down and finished watching TV.

As I was sitting there I heard the screen door slide open and I looked at my dad and again he didn't seem to have heard anything. This time, I didn't tell them anything or say anything. I was so scared and I started to think I was going crazy because nobody else could hear the things that I did. I just stared at the screen door and could've sworn someone was about to come in, then the feeling I had went away. I left and went off into my room. While I was trying to fall asleep I could hear things drop in my room and sounds of knees crackling and popping as if someone was walking. It was really hard for me to sleep and I was always scared and I didn't get a good feeling out of anything I experienced. I knew it couldn't be anything good.

I told my parents about all the things that had been happening and my mom told me she also had heard things. She said she would hear me call out her name while I was at work. My mom only speaks spanish so her english skills aren't all that great. One day she asked me what "ghost inside" meant. I translated and asked her why she wanted to know and she just said that it was nothing, she was just curious. I still wanted to know what it meant and she never told me until after we moved. She said she would be watching TV and the channels would always flip on their own to a blank screen that read "GHOST INSIDE" as the caption. She thought it was just some show or something. I know it's not a show. I've never heard of a show called ghost inside and even if there was, why would the channels always flip to that one blank screen when she would be watching TV alone?

I would also hear voices that didn't belong in the shows I watched. It was like random sentences or words that would just pop out, out of nowhere. The TV would also turn off and on on it's own. Of course at the time, we thought maybe the TV was having problems but we still have it now and there is nothing wrong with it. I got really depressed while living there. A lot of things started going wrong and it was just crazy. I was fine after we left and I felt so different when I wasn't at home. I had friends that used to live at those apartments and they told me they would hear things and see things all the time and this was before we lived there. We don't live there anymore and I've heard and felt a couple of things at my new home but it feels nothing like the things that happened to me there.

Leave comments if you'd like, I'll put up better stories later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
ok I only managed to get to the 2nd last paragraph because that's when I read that you heard the knocking and I swear down I have just heard a knock to the right of me 3 really loud times. I am now very freaked but your story was great... Well what I read of it! Ha!

Princess123 x ❤
lonelegendz (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
😐
hhm? I kind of experience the same thing but I still hear it to day... Well I try to let go of it and I hear them little bit from far away. Alot of people expereince the same... You must be suffering from psychological disorder... You should see your doctor or see psychiatric...-they have pills for that now
CanadianHorses (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
wow, that's pretty scary! Last night some women screamed really loud and it was outside my door. That was SO creepy. I started to cry
Megan (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
At the beggining of the story things like that have been happening to me latley but I have just heard my name being whispered. I like your story !

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: