You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Seeing Things - Doppelganger?

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Things - Doppelganger?

 

Reading stories about copycat ghosts and doppelgangers reminded me of an incident that occurred when I lived in San Diego. I was about 7-10 years old, not sure.

I slept in my grandpa's room we slept in different beds. My bed was on the far side of the room farthest away from the door so if the door was open I could see what was on the other side of it.

Well I woke up in the middle of the night probably between 12 A.M. To 3 A.M. The door was opened a little bit. Well I woke up and I was still lying on my bed and peered through the opening. I thought I saw a figure that was my little brother. The figure was short like him since he was young back then he was small and I saw him entering my grandma's room. I was like what is he doing going into my grandma's room this late. I just sat there wondering and decided to see what was going on.

I went and peeked through the crack. What I thought I saw was my grandma sitting up against the wall watching T.V. And my little brother on the chair watching T.V. As well because there was a bluish light in the room. I was like T.V. This late what the heck. So I opened the door a bit more and then thought wow I'm stupid. The light that I thought was from the T.V. Was my grandma's nightlight. Then I walked over to the chair since my brother is small you could not see him from the back of the chair if he was sitting there. Nobody was sitting there and I looked up to where my grandma was and she was lying on the bed, eyes closed, sleeping. She had one of those rubber things that you put on your stomach and fill up with hot water when you are pregnant hanged above her head. I thought that was her head, which created the illusion of her sitting up against the wall.

Well after that I just thought to my self uhh? I swear I saw somebody walk in there. Then I thought about the image of when I peeked through the door and it was a pretty creepy image when I think about it now. The room was like green-bluish colour because of the nightlight and the thing hanging over my grandma's head made it look like she was sitting up and well it looked like my grandma was hypnotized just sitting there watching T.V. When I think about it now but I guess I was just paranoid.

OK well the weird thing is what did I see go into my Grandma's Bedroom? Was I just seeing things or and then became paranoid or what? Or maybe it was a doppelganger?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Siccness, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-04)
Since Rainbow's commented on an old thread, I'm going to use the opportunity to ask the YGS pros a few questions.

What are doppelgangers? Can they only take the form of a living person or are they pranksters?

I know some people think they're a bad omen, but not always. I have a friend, someone I trust implicitly, who saw a doppelganger in her kitchen. It was after week of weird things happening in that house. She moved her family out the next day. But nothing bad happened to her or her children. I've researched it and found that seeing a doppelganger does not equal disaster.
Rainbow543 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-04)
It was not really scary. But it was like I could see what she saw in the story. 😁
Siccness (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
nothing happened I don't think... I told my bro not my grandma though I don't live with her anymore
Blaquemajeek (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
They say that Dopplegangers are a bad omen. Especialy if you see your own. What I'm most curious about is what happen to you Grandmom or lil bro shortly after this. Have you ever told either of them what happen?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: