You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: No Spaghetti For You

Real Ghost Stories

No Spaghetti For You

 

This is a rather short story but a very interesting one. I was in the kitchen last night cooking dinner and my husband was working on a fruit tart for dessert near the sink. Our kitchen is really small in comparison to what we've had over the years, but this isn't base housing and we're not in the states either. He and I were not even an elbow's length apart from each other. So there I was standing over the stove trying to get the water boiling for the noodles. It takes FOREVER to get water going on this stovetop for some reason. I had meatballs and sauce cooking away and all I needed was that boiling water to hurry up. I had my daughter coming in and out of the kitchen asking when she could break the noodles and drop them in the pot. She was getting impatient and all I could say was I'll let you know when it's ready.

I finally moved the stock pot to another eye to see if the switch would hurry things along a little bit. After a few minutes it started to boil so I called my daughter to come back in the kitchen so she could do her thing. It was a full rolling boil when she started to drop them in the water and she decided she wanted to be the one to stir it up so the noodles wouldn't stick to the bottom of the pot. I said it's a deal but would you and your brother get the table set. They got out everything and got the table ready, both of them were starving.

My daughter came back in to stir the pot. We turned down the eye and gave it a few minutes to cool down so the pot wouldn't bubble over. She asked me to put the lid back on for her so I did. As she turned to walk out of the kitchen I turned to see if my husband needed my help and all of a sudden the lid came off the pot, went past my head, and hit the floor. It scared my husband because I let out a very loud WHOA and he thought I got burned. My daughter just stood there wide eyed looking at the lid laying on the floor. I said I'm fine but I'm not touching it. One of ya'll can pick it up.

Now I know that when pressure builds up from water boiling the lid can get lifted up slightly but this thing popped off the pot and went right past the left side of my head. I guess I wasn't supposed to have spaghetti or something. It was one of the strangest things that has ever happened.

Other hauntings by deannah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deannah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

demonkitty101 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
I'm glad everyone's all good, but omg! I'm sorry, but it was funny! I mean, the way you wrote it. I can just picture it happening so well... Ugh, sorry.

I have NO idea what that was, but I just felt the need to tell you that it brought a smile to my face...

Eh heh heh...

:)
deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
I wasn't hurt, just STUNNED! My kids too, they were like OMG what is happening? I just left the lid laying in the floor, told my hubby I'm done cooking for the night, and hauled buns out of the kitchen.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Whoa! That was some crazy sh*t. I hope you didn't get injured. The first eye you put the pot on, can be put to faulty wiring. As for the lid flying, as you said, the pressure of the boiling water should raise it a little but this thing fell off.

I was just thinking. This spirit was probably trying to send you a message and when you didn't listen got mad and threw the lid at you! Just a suggestion.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
great story (yet again)
Cant wait to read more of your expeiences 😁
deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
We moved out in March of this year to go back to the states, but the house was ALWAYS active. I have several other stories to tell, just haven't submitted them yet.
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Wow...that would have been just to much for me. Do you guys still live in this house? I hope things have calmed down. Good story!
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
After reading your response of other comments you said you were carefull and turned the eye so the temperature is down. Maybe the stove was malfunctioning and you thought the temperature was down but wasn't because you said you had trouble getting the water to boil. But you were there I wasn't. I'm just coming up with ideas but it could have been paranormal. If you saw that the water wasn't boiling as much and you know whether or not the lid could be sticking.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
No spaghetti for you! Lol This reminds me of a seinfeld epasode of the soup nazzi. No soup for you! I wonder if it's still possible for enough pressure to build up for this to happen. Maybe the lid was stuck and took a lot of pressure to pop it off. You were trying to hurry up the boiling so maybe that's why the pressure built up faster. I once saw a Gilligan's Island episode where Gilligan put a lid on something and it exploded. Has anything else happened in the house?
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
deannah - Just to clarify, I wasn't insinuating that I didn't believe your story, I was mearly suggesting reasons it could of happened, if you are convinced it wasn't anything that's been suggested then I think you should find out as much as you can about the site and what was there before your house was built, Please keep us updated with your findings:)

Will0w x
deannah (12 stories) (18 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-30)
I'm 100% sure that there is no way that pressure inside that pot could've caused the lid the come FLYING off. I had turned down the eye so the temp would lower and made sure that it was low enough so it couldn't bubble over and make the lid come up. Now I know some people are always going to be skeptical but I know what happened as well as my 8 year old daughter. My next step is to find out what was here before these houses were built. If anyone has any more input I'd be more than happy to hear it! Thanks!
Konjou84 (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
i would've picked it up, rinsed it out, put it back on the pot and if it happened again than maybe I would think that there is something wrong with the food itself and something is trying to tell me not to eat it. Or maybe it really was pressure like willow said.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
I would have duck if that happen fly off to me and holler. But sound like it don't like spagetti or just don't want ya'll to cook. This reader is right you should look up to find the land what is going with it.
Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Hm this is a strange one, I would make absolutely sure there as no way the pressure could of done it before you start your research. However if you do find out anything keep us posted:)
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
dang, that is strange. 😕 maybe, you should do some research. You might actually find something! Let me know if you do. This is very interesting! 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: