My house on Arrowhead Road on Fort Benning was VERY active. This is just one of the many things that happened in the 2 years we lived there.
I would rock my daughter to sleep in the recliner in the living room when she was a baby. Where our recliner sat you could see straight into the pantry in the kitchen. I HAD to have the pantry door closed at all times. I knew that there was a woman who liked to stay in there as I had seen her leave the pantry, exit the kitchen, and go down the hall into the bathroom. She wore this Civil War era gown and bonnet. I was fine with sharing my space as long as she didn't scare my kids.
One night in October of 2001 my husband and I were watching a Halloween special and they were talking about ghosts and haunted places. I was going back and forth from the kitchen to the living room to watch it since I was getting dinner ready. I remember I had the microwave going and some bread in the toaster. I needed something out of the pantry so I opened the door and said in a whisper "I don't mind you being here but please don't show yourself to me right now". I was a little freaked out from watching tv. Then as I turned on the light a fuse blew.
I screamed, and walked out of the kitchen. My husband looked at me and asked what happened. I said we blew a fuse and I had just told our ghost not to scare me as I went into the pantry. I think she was letting me know that she heard what I said to her. He said oh you're just freaked out from hearing all these other stories and such. I looked at him and said ok, yeah I am a little freaked but just as soon as I said that THE FUSE BLEW OUT! How do you explain that especially when the fuse box IS IN THE PANTRY?
I'd had a hand mixer, the microwave, a tea maker, and the toaster going at the same time and NEVER had that happen. I had no sooner gotten those words out of my mouth when it happened. I really don't think it was a coincidence.