You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Visitor In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

A Visitor In The Night

 

I believe the story I'm about to share with you was the catalyst for all of the experiences I've had since this happened. I guess it opened my mind just enough to make me aware of things we cannot always explain because to this day I still have things happen. It was mid April 1998 and my son and I were staying with my parents at their home in Valparaiso while my husband was going through Basic Training. None of us had ever had an encounter in the house up to this point, that we had acknowledged anyway. I still go to sleep with the tv going as I have done since I was a kid, and usually my mom would come check on me and turn it off. She still does to this day even though I'm in my thirties and am rarely home.

I was sleeping good this particular night. I remember waking up to the feeling of someone sitting at the foot of my bed and I could feel the pressure on my lower legs and feet. When I looked up I thought it was just my mom sitting there looking at me to make sure I was ok. I still have really bad Asthma. It didn't really faze me and I went on back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning my tv was still going. I thought that was kind of odd because my mom came in to check on me and didn't turn it off like she usually does. I walked back to her and my dad's room and found my mom blowdrying her hair. I asked her if I could talk to her a minute so she stopped working on her hair and asked me if something was wrong. I then looked at her and asked why had she come into my room and sat at the foot of my bed looking at me and then left my tv on. She looked like a deer caught in the headlights, and asked me what on earth was I talking about. So I asked again, and she said that she hadn't come in my room all night.

We went back and forth for a few minutes until my dad woke up and asked what we were talking about. So I asked him if he had come into my room and he also said no. I had this chill come over me and I told them both to quit messing with me and tell me the truth. They both denied coming in and we all knew that it wasn't my son since he was only 15 months old and still slept in his crib without knowing how to climb down.

My parent's started to get a little worried seeing as how I was clearly freaked out. My mom asked me what all I remembered and if I could tell her exactly what I saw. I started telling them both what I could recall, and then it hit me. I had opened my eyes and saw someone sitting at the foot of my bed looking at me, but it didn't scare me at the time. I also recalled that I could see my tv on THROUGH the person sitting on my bed. The best way I could describe it was that it looked at me in a way that was like someone tending to an ill child or a patient. It was in no way menacing. I really couldn't make out many facial features since I only saw it for a couple of seconds and I was woke up from a sound sleep.

Both of my parent's looked panicked as I told them what I remembered, and even went and checked all the doors and such to be sure no one had gotten in the house. BUT if that would've been the case why on earth would someone come sit on my bed and look at me and do nothing else?!?! I still don't know whose ghost it was but I like to think that it was one of my close relatives who had passed on just coming in to check on me now that my husband was gone. Thinking of it that way makes it a little less creepy for me.

Other hauntings by deannah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deannah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
great story 😊
Have to say I do think it would have been a family member visiting you
pedro117 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
eeey deannah

I just read your story and came to the conclusion that I just experienced the same as what you have. I also have often that I get a feeling as if someone is sitting at the end of my bed, you feel some sort of weight and then you are half awake and you will see a kind of shadow on your bed that watches you, and at that moment I always think that's normal... I told this story to a friend and he says that is because I do meditate and anyway I tried last time during a meditation to become in touch with my spirit guide and I asked him if you are there please show yourself. Suddenly I felt something on my bed as if someone was sitting next to me, I was a little scared of that experience... How is it with you then? Happened it to you regularly like me or was that just a single event?
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
Wow. That must have been creepy even for a just a sec. You right though, if it didn't scare you when you saw it then it probably wasn't harmful. Its nice to know though that someone is looking out for you. ❤ Jasmin
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
very interesting story. I'll research and tell you what I think is causing all this!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: