You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Night Visitor

 

I don't know if I am dreaming or if I am having a paranormal experience. Two nights ago, I was asleep when I was awakened by someone standing alongside my bed and applying pressure to my face. The only way I know how to describe it is as if you were standing in your kitchen leaning into the counter and kneading dough. It didn't hurt. It was just a very strange sensation. I sat up immediately thinking it was one of my children or my husband trying to wake me to tell me something. No one was standing in the room. My husband was fast asleep next to me. I was shakened but not really frightened. I went back to bed with the covers over my head.

I told my family what happened the next day. We all got a good laugh. However, my youngest son, who is six, felt scared and decided he wanted to sleep with me last night. It was in the middle of the night when I was awakened by someone or something pressing against my stomach. At first I thought it was my son just snuggling up against me. Unfortunately, he was fast asleep. I tried to call out to my husband but I didn't want to wake my son so I stopped. I firmly said out loud, whomever is in here go away and let me sleep. I immediately flipped the blankets over the top of my head and didn't let any limbs hang out. I was scared last night. It was a weird sensation. I wasn't frightened because it didn't seem evil. However, I was scared because I don't know what to make of it or the situation.

Any ideas? Am I dreaming? Is someone trying to contact me from beyond? Or am I nuts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

burning_flame87 (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Ok. First things first. How long have you been living in your home? You mention that its a new development. What was there before it? Have you recently acquired any antiques which you didn't have previously. I think that you may have developed some kind of difference to your sleeping pattern but it helps to rule things out. Good luck
temper11 (3 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-28)
Funny...just now I just had a somewhat similar experience, I was a little bit freaked out so I decided to search online and stumbled across this website...I've had that same type of experience before but the one I had now is different.

I was sleeping but I wasn't, that sort of stage in sleeping where I can try and open my eyes but I can't really escape darkness... And all of a sudden I could've sworn I was hearing a woman singing silent night... Holy night... Just repeating those words like 3 times and then I felt like... I was being kissed or something, all I knew is my tongue felt like it was out of my mouth... Like I bit it or something. I kept saying go away in my sleep state or something, cause I was just freaked out and although it wasn't threatening... I was super freaked out... I finally woke and went downstairs to get a glass of water... But as I went up the stairs... I kept feeling a chill... I still have a chill right now...anyways, long story short (true story by the way of course) I am going to stay awake for a while...
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
Vida, just post whatever you are willing to share through our submit page if you want it published as a story with its own page:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/submit-story.php

Make sure to format it in a readable manner, thanks.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
Hello Vida,

I am one of the regulars to this site and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that we would most assuredly like to hear from your daughter on her experience. Please have her submit it as a story so that we aren't using someone elses story to post comments on it. Plus if you have any further experiences you would like to share with us, please feel free to do so. I found your story very interesting and have a few theroies about the happenings you have decribed. Maybe Martin the webmaster and creator of this site, if he has time could move your post from here to the story section and people could comment more freely about it there.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Vida (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
***EDITED***

Vida's post has been moved to its own page, you can find it here:

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=938

-webmaster
Anon (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Maybe you were just dreaming. There's some kind of condition in which a person wakes up and feels bounded or something like that. I have a friend who woke up one night and felt there was someone on top of her. It was a girl kissing her and my friend couldn't move or scream. It couldn't be anyone in her house since only her parents live with her. She has a condition (I forgot what it's called) but it's basically like she's hallucinating and it's common in females. It's just a suggestion. If you're still not satisfied, then try contacting someone that deals with spirits.
jacob (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
has anyone read " my 2 year old sees ghosts" it is really creepy, I just commented on it
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
Believe me I will. I actually have another one, but I am afraid to tell in it. I don't want someone else going off and trying to do it. Hummmmmmmm... What to do...
jacob (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
i wrote believer and hey brittany, keep us posted on all your weird stories!
Brittany (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
I would first check out some sleep problems that people can have. It might not be paranormal. I would next leave a video camera set up facing your bed while you slept. This way you can see if something is really bothering you, or its just some kind of sleep problem. If it happens to be paranormal, I would buy some white dried sage and burn it in your bedroom before you go to bed. Ghosts can't be in its presence. Keep in mind, its an aquired smell to get used to. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.
lshaffer (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
That's creepy. However, no one has lived in our house before us. It's a new development. Whatever it is, as long as it's not evil, I'll stay and put up with it. I'm not getting much sleep these days ... With one eye opened! Thanks for your input.
Mel (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Has anyone died in you house that you know of? Maybe the spirit or whatever it is just wants to get your attention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: